Thorpe Park Annual Pass

Lordcutter6

Double post but ah well...

Thorpe are advertising their Premium, and it also includes free access to Summer Nights:

Guess what? We've gone Premium!

Introducing our new Premium Annual Pass - with all the benefits of the Standard pass, plus FREE parking and FREE admission to special events including Brainiac Live, Summer Nights and Fright Nights.

That's rather good to be honest!

How much?

£89.99 if you buy now, £99.99 from 01 February.

No mention of a renewal discount, so if you have the previous Thorpe Park Annual Pass, it doesn't look like you'll get it cheaper if you renew, you'll just have to buy the new Premium pass.

https://www.thorpepark.com/tickets-passes/ticket-information/tickets/thorpe-park-resort-standard-annual-pass/

Its funny this old world isn't it. I got my first Annual Pass in 2003 which got me into Alton, Chessington, Thorpe, Madame Tussauds and Warwick Castle for £85. This got me into all the events that the parks put on and I got free parking. Wind forward twelve years, I can now get solely into Thorpe Park and free Parking and entry into the parks is a perk of the Premium Thorpe Park Pass for just £4 more then I did twelve years ago. 

Just shows how strong the value of the Merlin Annual Pass really is.

£89.99 if you buy now, £99.99 from 01 February.

No mention of a renewal discount, so if you have the previous Thorpe Park Annual Pass, it doesn't look like you'll get it cheaper if you renew, you'll just have to buy the new Premium pass.

https://www.thorpepark.com/tickets-passes/ticket-information/tickets/thorpe-park-resort-standard-annual-pass/

I imagine like the standard pass, the current sale price will be the renewal discount from February onwards.

Is it possible for me to upgrade my current pass to a premium? It expires the end of August so I would be missing out on the free summer nights access if there is no way to upgrade. Not 100% sure if I want to upgrade as of yet though, I might hold out till fright nights comes into play.

Is it possible for me to upgrade my current pass to a premium? It expires the end of August so I would be missing out on the free summer nights access if there is no way to upgrade. Not 100% sure if I want to upgrade as of yet though, I might hold out till fright nights comes into play.

It might be possible, and I'd imagine the upgrade fee would just be the difference of cost between passes now.  Best way to check would be to ask Thorpe directly though!

Its funny this old world isn't it. I got my first Annual Pass in 2003 which got me into Alton, Chessington, Thorpe, Madame Tussauds and Warwick Castle for £85. This got me into all the events that the parks put on and I got free parking. Wind forward twelve years, I can now get solely into Thorpe Park and free Parking and entry into the parks is a perk of the Premium Thorpe Park Pass for just £4 more then I did twelve years ago. 

Just shows how strong the value of the Merlin Annual Pass really is.

Adjust for inflation of the price now for just Thorpe premium being £99.99 then in 2003 it would have cost £72.47. Meaning that you are paying the equivalent of £13 less to get access to just one park rather than all the parks. I personally would say that the pass has depreciated in value. 

A standard pass costing £169 now would have cost £122.50 in 2003. Seeing as you paid £85 I think it shows how much the passes have gone up and that's not even including all the restrictions that have been added. 

Adjust for inflation of the price now for just Thorpe premium being £99.99 then in 2003 it would have cost £72.47. Meaning that you are paying the equivalent of £13 less to get access to just one park rather than all the parks. I personally would say that the pass has depreciated in value.

A standard pass costing £169 now would have cost £122.50 in 2003. Seeing as you paid £85 I think it shows how much the passes have gone up and that's not even including all the restrictions that have been added.

That said you do get alot more attractions on the pass now than you did on the tussauds ones.