Dinner

MikeC

Wow never knew this topic existed!Tonight we're having tuna pasta bake. One of my favourites! :DMy mum is a great cook :) And what I like is that we still eat traditional dinners like cottage pie, chicken casserole, cauliflower cheese etc yet modern things too. A lot of people I know just live off chicken nuggets, pizza, chips etc. I love fast food but it's nice to eat traditional, British food too!Yesterday we had a lovely chicken casserole and blackcurrant pie for dessert, all made by my mum :) Who gets the recipies etc from her mum!As for what I can cook. Well...I can put things in the oven, and can use a hob (reluctantly though, gas, fire etc seriously freaks me out :/). But I'm getting better! Like by using the hob I don't just mean I can cook Super Noodles ;) I could boil pasta and sauces, or boil potatoes etc. My mum and people of her generation go on about how at my age and younger, they were confident and cooked this and that. But when we had to do cooking in Years 7-9 at school, the teachers lit the gas and turned the ovens on for us. We only seemed to make cookies etc. Whereas when my mum was at school, I'm sure it was different. They were taught to cook proper meals and had to light old-fashioned gas ovens (where you stuck your hand in with a match and lit it!) themselves. The teachers made it too easy for us so I blame them partly for my uselessness and lack of confidence! Plus people are just different. My mum took an interest and helped her mum bake cakes etc since she was young, whereas with me...umm no. I just didn't have an interest. I have my moments where I come up with ideas but apart from that it still doesn't interest me! I love making banana splits though! I reckon if I had a speciality it would be desserts...and cocktails! :DBesides, compared to the thickos on BBC Three's Young, Dumb and Living Off Mum, who can't even use a toaster or heat up some beans, I'm a bloody pro! And it's not like I make my mum cook, she doesn't mind!

Wow never knew this topic existed!My mum is a great cook :) And what I like is that we still eat traditional dinners like cottage pie, chicken casserole, cauliflower cheese etc yet modern things too. A lot of people I know just live off chicken nuggets, pizza, chips etc. I love fast food but it's nice to eat traditional, British food too!

I did not know this topic existed too!I like a mix of food too