Calgary Stampede

Garyy

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

to be honest, calling it calgery stampede was a bit wierd, it never resembled a horse or anything even horse related, but it was a good ride when it was in operation, but samurai is more at home at thorpe than calgery stampede, for one it gets the queuescalgary stampede in operation at thorpe before it was replacedimage from thorpeparkguide.com:Posted Image

I really miss that ride, when it left the park I was gutted. I remember at one point how scary I thought it all was and for some reason the ride attracted a lot of wasps - the amount of bins in it's queueline...That was one of my favourite rides at the park at the time, and for me samurai just hasn't replaced it properly for me (not that I'm saying it's a bad ride, I just can't move on from the fact when it was once great)With regards to it fitting into the area, I can understand even though at the time didn't really notice that much - it just belonged - but regarding it's name after a hard long think the only conclusion I could think of how the name came to be was:1) Needs that cowboyish name to fit in with Canada Creek2) At the time it was one of the fastest most intense rides so that's how 'stampede' came into the equation3) (far fetched one) 'Calgary' relates to the horses/ cowboy, and on horses cowboys did Lassos(?) Lassos(?) are circle shaped at an angle, which was how the ride kinda operated....

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Click HERE for some information on the actual Calgary Stampede. I read something about it a while back, and in my opinion, it couldn't have had a better name for the ride/area. Great ride too back in the day, but looking back, the colour scheming wasn't all that good, along with the actual ride structure. I do remember the queue line being a massive cattle pen alongside a rock facade, like the back section of CCR. :P

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...