Football

zkk

Yeah the ref made mistakes, he turned down penealtys which should have been, but made mistakes the other way by sending off the player for doing nothing. Profesional player's should not be shouting and abusing referees like they were at the end of the night tonight, no matter what the situation IMHO.

Just further reinforces my opinion that footballers are for the most part, overpaid *****s. The behaviour of some teams, Chelsea and Man U in particular is absolutely appalling, they're like stroppy little kids that aren't allowed their own way.I also think this constant blaming the ref is stupid. Fair play if he actually has made a mistake but there is absolutely no need to abuse the officials during the game, or blame your team's bad performance on them. That said the FA need to have a proper look about how games are refereed. It's stupid that other sports like Rugby and Cricket have embraced modern technology that allows the officials to talk to each other and make good use of replays to eliminate any doubt from decisions, whilst the most popular sport in the country still relies primarily on one bloke to make spur of the moment decisions under huge pressure.

That said the FA need to have a proper look about how games are refereed. It's stupid that other sports like Rugby and Cricket have embraced modern technology that allows the officials to talk to each other and make good use of replays to eliminate any doubt from decisions, whilst the most popular sport in the country still relies primarily on one bloke to make spur of the moment decisions under huge pressure.

In the premiership all the refs have microphones/head sets to talk to eachother, I'm not sure if video is the answer though as it would just slow the game down imo. What they need is somthing which can tell the officials if the ball crossed the line or not, thats the most important I think.

In the premiership all the refs have microphones/head sets to talk to eachother, I'm not sure if video is the answer though as it would just slow the game down imo. What they need is somthing which can tell the officials if the ball crossed the line or not, thats the most important I think.

You mean slow down the kicking a ball from one side to the other repeatedly for 90 minutes. I think it would provide far more entertainment tbh :o

Yeah the ref made mistakes, he turned down penealtys which should have been, but made mistakes the other way by sending off the player for doing nothing. Profesional player's should not be shouting and abusing referees like they were at the end of the night tonight, no matter what the situation IMHO.

Do you know how it feels to play and have big decisions go against you like that, I've played in important games for my level and it was hard enough having the ref go against me then. I can fully understand the players frustration at the referee after such a big game and the poor decisions made and to be honest I'm surprised that he managed to leave the birdge last night in one piece. The referee, is the disgrace to football.

Keithy babyyy chelsea lost too barcelona :ox their a crap team :o :o

And as for you, if you don't have anything constructive to say please don't bother posting at all.

Do you know how it feels to play and have big decisions go against you like that, I've played in important games for my level and it was hard enough having the ref go against me then. I can fully understand the players frustration at the referee after such a big game and the poor decisions made and to be honest I'm surprised that he managed to leave the birdge last night in one piece. The referee, is the disgrace to football.

If the ref at the weekend had given reading the penalty which should have been we may well of been in the premiership now. The reading players didnt go mental at the referee like Chelsea players did last night. Like I said, he made some mistakes (a mistake which also gave chelsea a 1 man advantage for part of the game) but that in no way means professional players should confront officials as they did last night.

What I'm saying is, if the ref's had the option to consult the video footage that everyone watching on TV have just seen to confirm a touch-and-go decision, it would provide no ground for players to question him. Sure it may slow the game down a little, but not by any great amount and any time used could just be added to stoppage.I just think it's unreasonable to place all that pressure on one person to make split-second decisions in such high profile games, because they're bound to make mistakes which then lead to angry players and angry fans.

I'd be embarrassed to be a Chelsea fan after what happened last night. The club seems dominated by newcomers with no class and massive arrogance. Now referees have to be taken to safe houses because everyone suspects that Chelsea will carry on intimidating them when they don't win. It's pathetic. You're not the biggest team in the world, you're not the best, not everything that goes wrong is the fault of a referee. Get over it.Maybe the finger of blame should get pointed at Hiddink, who thought that 0-0 was a good away result in Europe.Away goaLOLs... :o

That pretty much sums up my opinion on it..No offence Jack :o

At the end of the day, I know that if anyone else here was a true supporter of football and had a decent understanding of the game and had the same thing happen to your team last night you would understand completely. Hiddink did the right thing in defending our players and Drogba, Terry , Ballack and the rest of our team where too right to confront the worthless official after the game. Yes Marc, your team where denied a penalty which could have cost you premier league football, but there is a large difference (as stated by Hiddink and Match commentators) between one decision not going your way, and in excess of 4 penalty appeals all going against you and not being given. And to also get so close despite throughout the whole game the referee going against us just made it all the more frustrating.

That pretty much sums up my opinion on it..No offence Jack :o

Your quote there is just ridiculous and untrue.

The referee has had to be taken to a safe house for his protection.. That says it all really. Sure he made a mistake, but its not up to the chelsea players to simply abuse the officials as they did last night.Them players are roll models to younger people, thats not they should be acting. And I didnt write my quote :o

The referee has had to be taken to a safe house for his protection.. That says it all really. Sure he made a mistake, but its not up to the chelsea players to simply abuse the officials as they did last night.

If you make stupid decisions, there will be stupid consequences. Unfortunately that is the way of life.

The way the players reacted was ridiculous. I agree the decisions were very bad, but that's no excuse.I also agree that the fact that the referee has had to be taken to a safe house just says it all. And Jack, you say there would always have been consequences, but his whole life has been disrupted just because some angry football fans can't accept the fact that Chelsea lost yesterday. He should be able to continue with his life with the freedom everybody else has. Whoever has made the referee feel that he needs to be in a safe house should be ashamed. It's just a frickin football match, Life goes on...

The way the players reacted was ridiculous. I agree the decisions were very bad, but that's no excuse.I also agree that the fact that the referee has had to be taken to a safe house just says it all. And Jack, you say there would always have been consequences, but his whole life has been disrupted just because some angry football fans can't accept the fact that Chelsea lost yesterday. He should be able to continue with his life with the freedom everybody else has. Whoever has made the referee feel that he needs to be in a safe house should be ashamed. It's just a frickin football match, Life goes on...

He made STUPID decisions that have angered a lot of people, he deserves to feel threatened. I don't need to hear any more of this because quite frankly nobody is going to agree with me and I know I am right. Thankyou

The referee has been sent death threats over this, abit like when reading players were sent death threats over Chechs injury. That is extreme and should NEVER go that far. Its a game, not somthing you go around threatening to kill people around.

He made STUPID decisions that have angered a lot of people, he deserves to feel threatened. I don't need to hear any more of this because quite frankly nobody is going to agree with me and I know I am right. Thankyou

Nobody is going to argue with you and you know you're right? Oh Dear. Wonder whatever happened to an opinion..He doesn't deserve death threats. Out of all the people in the world why should he be the one who deserves that kind of treatment? People make mistakes. It's a game. Get over it.

Nobody is going to argue with you and you know you're right? Oh Dear. Wonder whatever happened to an opinion..He doesn't deserve death threats. Out of all the people in the world why should he be the one who deserves that kind of treatment? People make mistakes. It's a game. Get over it.

People who make mistakes deserve what they get, he deserved a good kicking but doesn't deserve deaths. Opinion is fine, but I just know that your opinion is wrong. It's just a game? That sums up why your opinion doesn't matter on this subject, and if anybody else wants to make a post saying that then please think twice because your opinion doesn't count if that's all you think of football.

My opinion does count. I enjoy watching football and enjoyed watching it last night. But that's all it really should be for. Enjoyment. Otherwise there's just no point. All I mean by saying 'It's just a game' is that there are many other aspects to life which are more important and people shouldn't be getting so wound up for something which shouldn't really affect them anyway.He doesn't even deserve a kicking. Out of everything going on in the world and all the terrible crimes and horrible people, why does a referee who made a mistake suddenly deserve a 'kicking'? I bet any money that if it had been a Chelsea player who handballed the ball in the box and Barcelona had lost out a lot of Chelsea fans would be praising the referee as a saint.

I understand where people are coming from and whilst I hate football, I am entitled to my opinion so I'm gonna make it whether you think its valid or not. It really is just a game at the end of the day and fair enough if you're interested in it and show support for your team, fine, thats great, but threatening to take someones life away from them because they made some decisions which affected a FOOTBALL match... they need to sort their priorities out and get a ****ing grip in life. Football is there as entertainment and a hobby, not a fight to the death.