Adventure Island - Southend

Jamie_Hk

Popped into adventure island for a quick ride on Rage today. Believe it or not, but it’s my first coaster of 2018 - I would be embarrassed if I didn’t have the excuse of GCSE’s!

Anyway, we soon noticed that a crow had nested at the top of Rage’s loop. Every time a vehicle did the inversion, the crow would hastily fly off the track - only to return moments later...7D748A24-C31E-43E4-BC26-BCB06D9C0A33.thumb.jpeg.1e5127783c61cc98e3e1797558d358c0.jpeg

FEBDDFF0-313C-41F5-B25E-D5EC7071BC3D.jpeg

2BC3E958-2460-4CDE-A10B-BA331558B9F2.jpeg

• 10 months later...
4 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

Black Buccanneer is still awaiting its supports being put in and meanwhile at Adventure Island less than a day after it started being put in... 

In terms of safety however... I would personally like to go on Black Buccaneer when it's ready rather than a ride that's been put up overnight by potentially tired engineers in the dark without rigorous safety measures.

1 hour ago, Glitch said:

In terms of safety however... I would personally like to go on Black Buccaneer when it's ready rather than a ride that's been put up overnight by potentially tired engineers in the dark without rigorous safety measures.

Still defending Merlin haha! I'm sorry but it's far too long for a swinging ship!

1 hour ago, LK_ said:

I mean, It's probably just a traveling ride, which obviously can go up in stupid quick times 

Yes of course, obviously! The whole thing was more of a dig at Merlin!

From what I've heard, Buccaneer could be at the end of its life and may not come back at all. We don't have to make little digs at Merlin at every opportunity, sometimes we can just resist that urge, that feeling that we must criticise something, especially in the *checks notes* Adventure Island thread.

35 minutes ago, Mark9 said:

From what I've heard, Buccaneer could be at the end of its life and may not come back at all. We don't have to make little digs at Merlin at every opportunity, sometimes we can just resist that urge, that feeling that we must criticise something, especially in the *checks notes* Adventure Island thread.

The meet organizer should be allowed to make digs when wanting too...

I'm happy to take digs, a forum is for discussion after all :) and not sure how me being a meet organiser has anything to do with the comments I made, I'd have made the same comment whether a meet organiser or not, so completely irrelevant. I would certainly never consider myself "important" either, I am nearly 30 years old not a child! 

If it is coming to the end of it's life then a shame, one of the best ship rides out there! Many fond memories from over the years. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 2:46 PM, Glitch said:

None of the things you mention have anything to do with either Black Buccaneer not being ready, the way either park assemble their rides, or this new ride being assembled in one day.

"Tired engineers in the dark" will make no difference. Both rides have to get the exact same safety certification in order to open. Assembling a ride slowly makes no difference to its safety, knowing what you're doing and attention to detail makes the difference. If it didn't get the certificate, then it would have to be redone anyway.

This is excellent for the park, a bold and not cheep investment. Although I'm a little sad they've come away from knocking up rides in their shed.

It's pretty imposing on the front, I don't know how their planning works and what boundaries they can reach before they require permission, but I'm surprised the council are happy with this. The park owners and the council are not exactly friends!

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, Graw said:

have they removed dragons claw then? or did they just relocate it :(

Claw has moved to where vortex was, Vortex has gone apparently.

A shame, I quite liked it, but it never seemed popular. You'd think Scorpion was closer to death than Vortex though, and would have been a better option if one had to go.

11 minutes ago, pluk said:

Claw has moved to where vortex was, Vortex has gone apparently.

A shame, I quite liked it, but it never seemed popular. You'd think Scorpion was closer to death than Vortex though, and would have been a better option if one had to go.

ahh shame! for sure, I way preferred vortex to scorpion. scorpion always felt like it was gonna fall apart and I havent been in about 4 years haha 

used to go all the time as a kid and I'm going again next month, excited to try out the new ride - looks pretty decent for AI 

6 hours ago, Mattgwise said:

I am pretty sure it is Vortex that survived and Scorpion (Calgary Stampede style ride) that has gone.

The website suggests you are right, I guess Vortex is in old Scorpion position then, if Claw is in Vortex's old spot. They've shuffled loads about this year, including putting the dragon ride on an arcade roof for some reason!

6 hours ago, pluk said:

The website suggests you are right, I guess Vortex is in old Scorpion position then, if Claw is in Vortex's old spot. They've shuffled loads about this year, including putting the dragon ride on an arcade roof for some reason!

They seem to be doing a lot of "TLC" around the place which is great to see for such a small park. Maybe BPB should go and visit AI for some ideas! 

• 1 year later...