Adventure Island - Southend

Jamie_Hk

Is it done now? It appears so on the website. I'm up going Southend tomorrow so hope everything is open :) RAGE, woo...:DEDIT: Went on Over The Hill and at first I thought it was quite boring and not much happened. However, the bit that makes you jump was brilliant and really did scare me, or at least make me jump from my seat. Unfortunately, that's the only real plus to this ride so riding it more than once won't have the same effect. Still, great day and again, no real queuing, 2 minutes tops.

• 2 months later...
CLICL HERE TO WATCH MY SOUTHEND VIDEO. Went to the park yesterday, went on rage for the first time, it was epic. Dragons Claw was very uncomfortable and isnt a ride I would rush to next time I go. Over The Hill was ok, the end part was the only bit that maade me jump. I think that if they do have Captain Rage Man and 'the gang' they should advertise the times in the park.

• 4 months later...

Or rather than going to Ride Guide you could go to Adventure Island Guide and get the pictures there, first, before they get copied over :)The holes in the ground were made after the Mini Mega left. The ride itself doesn't have footers and is on a baseframe, however the frame will probably be bolted to the roof of the new arcade. The holes will strengthen the structure of the new arcade, it has to be pretty strong cos it's gonna have quite a heavy load of steel on top...The ride track is currently at Sonacase ARM being refurbished, the train and some electrical and structural elements have stayed at Adventure Island and are in storage in the Rage area.It's due to go back up in February with the potential of opening for Feb half term.

An arcade seems to me like an excuse to put a coaster on the roof of a building with the possibility of making £20 more per day from penny pushers and grabbers. Lets face it, they should be thinking bout getting anouther arcade if the existing ones are full, not if they are almost empty! Surely there were other options for which this money could have been spent on?

An arcade seems to me like an excuse to put a coaster on the roof of a building with the possibility of making £20 more per day from penny pushers and grabbers. Lets face it, they should be thinking bout getting anouther arcade if the existing ones are full, not if they are almost empty! Surely there were other options for which this money could have been spent on?

Building an arcade is far from an excuse to plonk the Mini Mega on top of it, in-fact it is an ingenious solution to a problem a small park like Adventure Island has which is the lack of space. They are able to free up a large amount of space to provide an area for another major attraction without actually losing anything. Just because the arcade has never been full when you've visited does not mean it is never full or does not make any money for that matter. For them to build a new arcade the park clearly sees it as a worthwhile and profitable investment, they are a business and would not waste money on an arcade that is not going to earn its keep so to speak. Also, it seems to me that people are assuming that because the park is spending money on an arcade this is somehow going to mean less money spent on the next ride or that we will not get a new ride this year because of it? Which seems unreasonable as the park say on their own website that a "major announcement" is due later this year.I'm looking forward to how it turns out, I just hope the park puts a bit of effort into theming the new arcade.