Adventure Island - Southend

Jamie_Hk

Dislike.

Devils Creek has been roughly similar to what it is now since I was a toddler, and it's great. It's already fun and popular. So why? 

Despite being terrified of this along with BBT since the age of four or five I agree! Whenever I go back there now it just seems like a shadow of the place I remember and loved so much when I was younger which I find quite sad. They might remove the spinning element with any luck though  :ph34r:

They might remove the spinning element with any luck though  :ph34r:

But you not being able to stand up was the highlight of the day!

It seems a strange decision to remove a classic if it's still popular, but I guess that they don't have any space elsewhere.

From that strange concept drawing thing I think this is a re-theme of the same attraction rather than an actual removal. Maybe their rockwork caught the Chessington disease? 

Had a fantastic first visit to Adventure Island today!

Really impressed with the staff who went out of their way to make the experience as good as possible for the guests, and the selection of rides was great for a small seaside park.

Just thought I'd post a link to my trip report for anyone who's interested. http://forum.maniahub.com/topic/11131-adventure-island-sun-21st-feb-2016-ptr/

Looks like the park are trying to win "Most Awful Ride Name" of 2016...

Will it be an improvement on Gold Mine? If the cars are actually easy to get into then it'll already have some plus points...

That video shows nothing of any actual use either... It MIGHT be a hark back to the dark rides of yore, can't tell for certain at all...

• 3 months later...

Apparently Adventure Island management have decided to stop investing into the park until the council sort out sea front parking. 

Source and and full article. http://m.echo-news.co.uk/news/14571371._I_won_t_invest_in_town_until_seafront_parking_is_sorted___Adventure_Island_boss_in_threat_to_Southend_Council/

That will  win customers over there then. 

3 hours ago, Matt Creek said:

Apparently Adventure Island management have decided to stop investing into the park until the council sort out sea front parking. 

Source and and full article. http://m.echo-news.co.uk/news/14571371._I_won_t_invest_in_town_until_seafront_parking_is_sorted___Adventure_Island_boss_in_threat_to_Southend_Council/

That will  win customers over there then. 

• 4 weeks later...

This years got to be the worst on history for delayed rides.

DBGT delayed 2 months

Chessington Go Ape opening late

Southend,s dark ride delays

Oakwood being Oakwood

Heide at Plopsa's delays

Ireland at Europa being delayed

Wild Fire opening late

Ferrari Land delayed until 2017

Lighting Rod's delays and problems 

River of Light delays

Epcot delays

Hulk delays

Kong delays

If 2016 had a degree of delayed ride openings, it would have a PHD.

1 hour ago, Matt Creek said:

This years got to be the worst on history for delayed rides.

DBGT delayed 2 months

Chessington Go Ape opening late

Southend,s dark ride delays

Oakwood being Oakwood

Heide at Plopsa's delays

Ireland at Europa being delayed

Wild Fire opening late

Ferrari Land delayed until 2017

Lighting Rod's delays and problems 

River of Light delays

Epcot delays

Hulk delays

Kong delays

If 2016 had a degree of delayed ride openings, it would have a PHD.

Delayed rides is the least of 2016's problems. 

Half those delays aren't even delays though.

Epcot didn't have any? Soarin was ready but had to wait for the Shanghai one to open first as they had the rights to show the new film first. Frozen never had a set date but did meet internal targets. 

Hulk was originally planned for August, Uni wanted to try and push it forwards to meet the Kong opening. And Kong only missed its soft opening target, but as no date had been publicly set it wasn't really delayed. It opened in Summer. 

Plopsaland only said Heidi would open on July 1st like once, all year the marketing has said summer. And for all those delayed things, think of all the ones that opened really early. Potter in California softing for a few months before grand opening. Shanghai Disney softing a month before main opening. Galactica opening in March, not April. Pulsar opened a month before planned, Lost Gravity opened with the park. Delays happen everywhere. We had a new changing room fitted at work, went 2 weeks over schedule. Maybe this year just seems worse because they're all big names we know off?

But yeah, AI build mostly in house so the odds of it opening this year are who knows. Like said above, Time Machine was 2 years late. Plus, they can just say they were sticking to their statement about not investing if parking wasn't sorted ;)

• 3 weeks later...