Adventure Island - Southend

Jamie_Hk

so I Went to Adventure Island on Saturday and I must say all the staff were extremely nice and funny as per usual! the person on Fireball was hilarious! an excellent start to the season! the new indoor park is coming along nicely with the new drop tower laying on its side ready to be lifted into position anytime soon! 

• 2 months later...

Ah, AI and its confused themes.

I had assumed that it would don a pirate theme as a nod to what it replaced, which they're kind of done. Yet looking from what I'm assuming are the logos for the attractions at the bottom, it seems like a bit of a jumble.

I was merely stating fact, making an observation, not slating the place. I am well aware of what AI is and is supposed to be, I just find the idea of it somewhat bemusing.

Thanks for the condescension there too, Jamie.

Condenscension? Not at all, I just simply said that as it's an amusement park it's likely to be a mish mash of themes rather than themed areas.

Codenscension would be if I put "It's an amusement park, it's not supposed to have individually themed areas obviously."  Really don't see what's patronizing about simply stating a fact.  :wacko: 

It's just your tone, it wasn't put across in the most polite way. 

EDIT:

DISCLAIMER:  This post contains a fact about amusement parks, if you find this in any way patronizing then I suggest you don't read facts ever.

Nice to see you make yourself laugh, atleast. Let's not drag this thread off topic now.

Question:  Why is this only open on weekdays?  

(Never been to AI or given it much attention, so this could be a really stupid question.  I'm just a bit confused!)

I didn't clock that, I can't think much of why other than it perhaps being targeted at younger children or locals who would just pop in, or perhaps it only being an off-peak attraction, which I sense was mentioned.

How can you tell tone from something that's typed?

I'm only going to quote what you originally put. Given what you're like on the forums, Jamie, it was pretty evident that you meant it in such a way as to correct me, to show how much you know and how little I could possibly know. I would be shocked if you meant it in a nice 'by the way' manner. 

If you can't tell from something that's typed, how could I tell whether you didn't mean it in such a way? 

Enough of this now, you seem to enjoy blowing up things in such a way as to cause a stir. You could've simply said that it wasn't intended in such a way rather than getting quite het up over someone voicing their supposed misinterpretation. 

I didn't clock that, I can't think much of why other than it perhaps being targeted at younger children or locals who would just pop in, or perhaps it only being an off-peak attraction, which I sense was mentioned.

I'm only going to quote what you originally put. Given what you're like on the forums, Jamie, it was pretty evident that you meant it in such a way as to correct me, to show how much you know and how little I could possibly know. I would be shocked if you meant it in a nice 'by the way' manner. 

If you can't tell from something that's typed, how could I tell whether you didn't mean it in such a way? 

Enough of this now, you seem to enjoy blowing up things in such a way as to cause a stir. You could've simply said that it wasn't intended in such a way rather than getting quite het up over someone voicing their supposed misinterpretation. 

What am I like on the forums that makes it evident that I was trying to correct you?  Just because I moan when things aren't done right, that doesn't mean that I post things with malicious intent.  It was posted quite simply to put across the fact, there was no nastiness intended and actually I didn't even quote your post, it was a general comment.

I don't pretend to know a lot about theme/amusement parks, and the "I know more than you attitude" is immature, childish and that's not what I meant.

I'm not the one blowing things out of proportion, I made a simple comment about amusement parks not having themed areas and then you started calling me condenscending.  I didn't use any words in the post to suggest that I was trying to be patronizing or suggest that I know more than you, I merely posted it just to put across the point that amusement parks generally don't have themed areas, hence why the new development is mish-mash.

Maybe it's the way you were so certain in your post Jamie? I mean "It's an amusement park, it's not supposed to have individually themed areas." doesn't mean it can't. Adventure Island is a jumble of stuff, some trying to be themed areas, some themed rides and some non themed stuff.

It looks clumsy the Adventure Inside with a traditional then pirate style (will use that as I doubt it has any physical theming).

It's actually very easy to read someone's tone in text once you know the character. You portray your character as one who complains most of the time, then when people don't get your posts you put edits that are more patronising and really don't solve the problem.

Petty arguments are fun though :) please, let's have more (no seriously, no sarcasm there).

Anyway, what's AI's Halloween thing like? 

What am I like on the forums that makes it evident that I was trying to correct you?  Just because I moan when things aren't done right, that doesn't mean that I post things with malicious intent.  It was posted quite simply to put across the fact, there was no nastiness intended and actually I didn't even quote your post, it was a general comment.

I don't pretend to know a lot about theme/amusement parks, and the "I know more than you attitude" is immature, childish and that's not what I meant.

I'm not the one blowing things out of proportion, I made a simple comment about amusement parks not having themed areas and then you started calling me condenscending.  I didn't use any words in the post to suggest that I was trying to be patronizing or suggest that I know more than you, I merely posted it just to put across the point that amusement parks generally don't have themed areas, hence why the new development is mish-mash.

As a matter of fact, it does. It is VERY easy to pick up on someone's character in a place like this, yours is that of a patronising bigot who must always have something to say and have the last word. So that means your post was a moan towards me, right? It must've of been aimed towards me in response to my post, many people refer to people without quotes so it's not an impossibility. Carrying on such a petty thing is just as immature and childish, yet it seems you do love a nice squabble. 

You could've simply ended it by politely saying that you didn't mean it in such a way yada yada yada; yet the fact that you've responded the way you have tells me that there was some malice intended in what you said. :)

Take your petty argument elsewhere please

It's the internet and you misinterpreted each other, get over it, posting longer and longer responses with more and more digs and other people getting involved just leads to alienation and aggravation for everyone

Source:  Been on this forum too long.

As a matter of fact, it does. It is VERY easy to pick up on someone's character in a place like this, yours is that of a patronising bigot who must always have something to say and have the last word. So that means your post was a moan towards me, right?

This from the person who not so long ago helped someone to spam me with personal messages about milkshakes!

Of course I got aggravated, I don't like being accused of things I don't do. My post was NOT a moan towards you, there are no malicious words there, I've said that countless times. I must have been corrected and had points said against me over 100 times on this forum, it's what happens.

It must've of been aimed towards me in response to my post, many people refer to people without quotes so it's not an impossibility.

So that means your post was a moan towards me, right?

Not everything revolves around you, get over yourself. My post wasn't a moan anyway, as I have already stated at least three times.

You could've simply ended it by politely saying that you didn't mean it in such a way yada yada yada; yet the fact that you've responded the way you have tells me that there was some malice intended in what you said. :)

If that refers to the edit I made, it really is such a shame that we live in a society these days where nobody can take a joke.

I didn't want to take this thread further off topic but it needs resolving. I'm very tolerant to people who have different opinions, so calling me a bigot is a downright insult, what gives you the right to call me that over a misunderstanding? If you actually knew me you'd know I'm quite the opposite.