Alton Towers News

Dan9

• 8 months later...

New ERT lineup trial...Ā http://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/early-ride-time/

Ā 

For a limited time only, from 25th July - 1stĀ August 2014 the following attractions will be open for Early Ride Time:

Ā CBeebies Land
  • Postman Patā€™s Parcel Post
  • In the Night Garden Magical Boat Ride
  • Mr Bloomā€™s Allotment
  • Get Set Go Tree Top Adventure
  • Something Special Sensory Garden
  • Justinā€™s House Pie-O-Matic Factory
  • Ninaā€™s Science Lab
  • Charlie & Lolaā€™s Moonsquirters and Greendrops
  • The Numtums Number-Go-Round
  • Tree Fu Tom Training Camp
  • Big Fun Show Time
  • CBeebies Photo StudioĀ 
Ā 

X-Sector

• The Smiler
  • Oblivion
  • Enterprise

and makes the woodland walk from the hotel a bit pointless if they no longer have forbidden valley on ERT, as that was the best thing ever march this year being the only ones to use it and be the only ones in forbidden valley for like the first 10 minutes! plus the rides are only for thrill seekers or kids really, nothing in between which RMT, Duel & Blade covered.

Ā 

So good one way, bad the other... I know it's only a trial and a good idea to keep ERT together, but just can't see it working with just xsector, as they have been having cbeebies land open for ERT anyway!

plus the rides are only for thrill seekers or kids really, nothing in between which RMT, Duel & Blade covered.

Ā 

Ā 

That's a very good point. The trio of X-Sector non kiddie rides sounds insufficient for everyone that isn't a small child, has Cbeebies really altered the attending demographic so much that it is the right ratio?Ā 

Ā 

Overall it's very good to have the busiest rides included though, how it should always be. Add Spinball and Hex (maybe at the expense of a couple of cbeebies bits?) and I think that'd be about right.

Ladies and Gentlemen...the element here is to allow ERT guests to enjoy Cbeebies and The Smiler within that hour and then head off into other areas of the park, thus relinquishing them from adding to the potential queues that these attractions will inevitability face.Ā 

So understand this is in all helping you, whilst although other guests will have to wait, the queue will be considerably less than previously because most ERT guests will have been on the ride (few will in reality re-ride the attractions)Ā 

I think it's good that all the rides are open in the same area. It was quite hard to go left (towards Nemesis) and right (towards the smiler) and get all of the rides done. The rides were more spread out. This will allow you to get all of the rides done in X sector, then go to another area for 10.

Trust me...most normal people...normal guests visit ONCE a year IF that, so they are not going to re ride, they are going to try and get on as many rides as possible.Ā 

Ā 

I'd rarely/never visit AT more than once a year if that, I reride tonnes of stuff. Trust me ... I am normal.

Ā 

It will undoubtedly keep peeps happy they get to ERT Smiler, but it won't have any noticeable effect on queues later in the day, the queue will always find its natural limit people are prepared to wait, be that first ride or reride.

Trust me...most normal people...normal guests visit ONCE a year IF that, so they are not going to re ride, they are going to try and get on as many rides as possible.Ā 

They definitely do re-ride The Smiler - it's the queue time which puts it off.

Ā 

It's a good idea to add it onto ERT (loads just join the queue and wait currently anyway). They need to add some middle ground rides, really need to add those.. but otherwise it's a pretty good line-up, finally they've put the most popular and most busiest attractions onto ERT which means it's worthwhile having it.

Ā 

They say it's a trial, it's not a trial at all it's staying this way.. it says trial incase of negative feedback ;)

Ā 

Ā They need to add some middle ground rides, really need to add those.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yep, I would add Mine Train and possibly Mauraders Mayhem & Sharkbait reef so there are a few rides that are for the 6-11 year olds. Or add Spinball and keep all ERT down the right hand side of the park.

Ā 

As others have said, I agree that by getting the Smiler open for 9am, hopefully all the ERT guests will have riddden by 10am, leaving slightly shorter queues for the rest of the people at 10am. A lot of people currently go straight to the Smiler anyway.

Most guests don't wish to spend a huge amount of money on one ride...Most will happily ride The Smiler once in ERT then head off to other areas of the park (when it opens at 10am)...Sorry but it's clear this is the logic Alton are employing, like it or not.

Ā 

Remember most on here are Enthusiasts, not the average 'Normal' guest. For most have never been to Alton or come very rarely...most guests will be rushing to go on ALL the main rides, not just the Smiler. It will also regulate the queue for the morning anyway, with it opening from 9am the queue has a time to move before it gets jammed of general admittance guests.Ā 

Ā 

To justify my argument, I see very few re-ride Nemesis or Air even on fairly quiet days. It simply aids the queue.Ā 

Ā 

I do however believe that Alton should stagger the opening of the park, I would much rather see the current line up (that we are discussing at the moment, including the Smiler) then at 9:30 they open Rita, Th13teen, etc, then at 10AM the full park is opened, to allow the area to flow...Aaand now I await the backlash as to why this idea is totally idiotic...LOL haha :P

Smiler has been opening as early as possible for ages now. Most guests are still coming mainly for the smiler, so if the queue time is short enough it'll be guaranteed they'll re-ride this before heading off. They do it a lot when the queue is 5mins, so they'll do it a lot during ERT!

• 3 weeks later...

I was about to say I think I've seen similar ones at Thorpe park in the dome. I think it's a good thing to be honest. I wouldn't call it money making, think about the amount of people in the park, if they were free everyone would probably be trying to charge there phones even if they're not dead, I doubt many places let you charge your phones for free.