Alton Towers News

Dan9

• 2 weeks later...

You can compare this to parks like SeaWorld and Disney though who offer free charging points, having said that though I would never use one of these free or not, as it ties you down too much. It's far easier to buy a portable charger and charge on the go if you need it.

• 4 weeks later...

got a strong feeling that there won't be anything new in the theme park for 2015, which I guess s confirmed on Facebook by someone asking if there is anything new for 2015, to which Alton towers replied, new for 2015 is our enchanted village. I'll be pretty annoyed if we don't get a submission replacement or at least something fun or thrilling after a children's investment this year.

Not really a situation to make a joke about is it?

Ah. Well that's something you need to know about me - sometimes I don't think before I speak! Sorry about that...Ā  :P

Ā 

But seriously, I was pretty irritated when I saw that no arrests had been made! There better be a 'yet' on the end of that soon! Why would you come away clean after stabbing someone TWICE? :huh:

Probably no arrests made because they haven't found a pulpable culprit for the incident...

Ā 

Considering the local area, the assailant attacked the staff member, and then could easily leg it in any direction and would be very difficult to find... Not like the person stabbed the manager and just stood outside waiting to be caught...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Didn't seem particularly worthy of its own topic...

Ā 

Towers are planning to put in a high rope course near the Hotel -Ā http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=69394

Ā 

It'll include a Cafe too. Ā Looks good fun for everyone and the sorta thing that should be added to a resort to give that more complete feel.

Ā 

Plans suggest it will have an upcharge (which is reasonable in my opinion), and you can either purchase a ticket for it by itself, or in conjunction with the theme park or waterpark. Ā It's expected to only attract 250-300 guests a day, but will be open all year round by the sounds of it.

Ā 

Hope it does come to fruition; sounds like a nice concept all in all!

• 7 months later...

This is great and exciting news!

I've always thought Air has been lacking the potential of some of their coasters there (Nemesis, zoblivion & Thirteen respectively) especially on the the arid side so hopefully this will bring the ride a notch up in greatness especially since the theming for the ride was cut back when it opened.

Makes great sense here too especially with the food loop being next door as well. Hopefully we'll see Towers doing these moderate improvements to existing rides from now on (Nemy,Katanga & towers street are calling for face lifts.

• 2 weeks later...

So as a result of the awful attendance figures so far this summer, all midweek dates currently have a 5pm closing time...

Ā 

One would assume that they will extend things should they require it, but Towers is seriously struggling according to those attending and those watching ridetimes.co.uk...

Ā 

We're in really grim times atm...

Well that's obviously what they're doing. The point is you can counter the downturn with excitment, magic, meaningful promotions and generally being awesome so people want to come back. Or you can have a big huff and give people less, so less people want to come, and the depressing spiral can continue.

Speculate to accumulate, get what you deserve, etc etc