Alton Towers News

Dan9

I know this concept art looks pretty genuine, but they don't have to do it; they might decide not to go along with this ride.If Alton did actually go along with installing the babycoaster, they might also install a thrill/family ride, maybs one flat, to keep us happy. As the babycoaster won't cost alot, not nearly as much as an actual thrill coaster.The way I see it, every type of aged person is equal but the majority of people who visit Alton are not babies/young children, there are more adults, young teens and teenagers and older adults than the latter.I wouldn't mind, but it would kinda suck, but none-the-less a baby coaster would fill-in the void that Alton is about, catering rides and entertainment for all ages which include Babies. If they did go ahead with babycoaster they probs wouldnt build another baby ride for a long time.

I know this concept art looks pretty genuine, but they don't have to do it; they might decide not to go along with this ride.If Alton did actually go along with installing the babycoaster, they might also install a thrill/family ride, maybs one flat, to keep us happy. As the babycoaster won't cost alot, not nearly as much as an actual thrill coaster.The way I see it, every type of aged person is equal but the majority of people who visit Alton are not babies/young children, there are more adults, young teens and teenagers and older adults than the latter.I wouldn't mind, but it would kinda suck, but none-the-less a baby coaster would fill-in the void that Alton is about, catering rides and entertainment for all ages which include Babies. If they did go ahead with babycoaster they probs wouldnt build another baby ride for a long time.

Erm actually Alton is attracting LOADS of families with small children, as it is generally a family park. And when you say "keep is happy", I dont undertstand why a park would build a rollercoaster just to keep a few people happy.

As the babycoaster won't cost alot, not nearly as much as an actual thrill coaster.

Yus, cos steel and labour costs are more than halved when theres less Gs involved.Do us all a favour and dont talk unless you know what you're actually on about.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's just as much her husband as it is her.They live in Farley village, and tbh I can never even hear Oblivion from anywhere outside of X-Sector, let alone a couple of miles down the road. They should have just accepted Alton's offer to buy their house for a lot over its value, and f***ed off out the country.

What's been wrong with it?

Water logged kicker wheel apparently.

What a b***h. Why can't she just bugger off? Alton Towers have been there for a lot longer than a stupid old lady who grows roses :P

Wether or not you believe that Mr & Mrs Roper's case is justified, what right do you have to make sweeping statements about two people you've never met over the internet?Merlin Entertainments is a big company, it doesn't need potty-mouthed teenage fankids typing naughty words on their computers to defend it.I personally believe that their continued legal action is hypocritical, especially when considering that they own a factory which has articulated lorries driving to and from it outside the houses of several residents somewhere in the UK day and night. I also believe it to be petty, as it was initially about the yearly Fireworks displays, something that everyone in the country has to put up with (or enjoy, in my case) every November. I have people down the street setting off some huge display size fireworks, I haven't sued them.Thirdly it's very selfish, by attempting to damage the amount of business Alton Towers makes they are effectively trying to damage the several local B&B's, Pubs and other local amenities that benefit greatly for the people that the Towers bring to the area.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alton towers have announced (via brochure) what rides will be available at Half term Hullabaloo * Oblivion * Hex * Doodle Doo Derby * Tractors * River Bank Eye Spy * Berry Bish Bash * Dung Heap * Singing Barn * Squirrel Nutty Ride * Spinball Whizzer * Runaway Mine Train * Duel * Blade * NemesisOnly Air and Rita missing really. Not a bad selection :)

Will RITA be down due to dismantling of the Corkscrew?Might try and get there for half term aswell as Thorpe. If I get my annual pass at Alton this year, will I have to renew it at Alton, or can I go to Thorpe and renew it there?Did'nt get one this year.

I guess Air and Rita will be down because they're more advanced than the other rides and need more maintenence?You can renew your annual pass at any Merlin attraction except Sea Life I believe.

I guess Air and Rita will be down because they're more advanced than the other rides and need more maintenence?You can renew your annual pass at any Merlin attraction except Sea Life I believe.

Well I'm guessing it can't be down only because its more a sophisticated ride and therefore needs more maintenence. Stealth has been open for February in the last two years, so I'm guessing Rita must be having well...extra maintenence. But probably for a certain reason more than just being sophisticated I'm guessing. Sounds pretty good though :).