Alton Towers News

Dan9

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing as there is a large Nemesis support sitting outside the car park opposite the AIR access gate, then I wouldn't bank on Nemesis being open..If anyones interested, it's a top support which attaches to a footer on one of the bank sections.

As shown here:http://www.towersnerd.com/gallery/?image=1258It's one of those supports as you go under a bridge, isn't it? What's going on with Nemesis? I assume it's undergone it's annual "stress test" on the track like they do every year?

• 2 weeks later...

New Fastrack prices at AltonFastrack Scream - Ā£8One fastrack ride on Nemesis, Air & OblivionFastrack Rita - Ā£4One fastrack ride on Rita Queen of SpeedFastrack Adventurer - Ā£5One fastrack ride on Flume, Rapids, Mine Train & CharlieFastrack Ultimate - Ā£35One Fastrack ride on: Air, Nemesis, Rita, Ripsaw, Duel, Rapids, Hex, Spinball, Runaway Mine Train, Oblivion, The Flume, Enterprise, Submission, Charlie, Battle Galleons, Heave Ho & Marauders Mayhem.Fastrack Platinum - Ā£75Unlimited rides on Air, Nemesis, Rita, Ripsaw, Duel, Rapids, Hex, Spinball, Runaway Mine Train, Oblivion, The Flume, Enterprise, Submission, Charlie, Battle Galleons, Heave Ho & Marauders Mayhem.

And people say Thorpes fastrack is expensive... :rolleyes:.I hope this isn't a sign of things to come at Thorpe and Chessington, although knowing them it probably will be, especially now with Saw arriving. Apart from those carrying credit/debit cards at the time, I don't know anyone who carrys Ā£75 with them to any theme park.

Alton does it almost perfectly though, even if I do not agree with them bringing in unlimited.They barely ever have the system running, if it is.. its for the high throughput rides, and barely anyone seems to use it. Expensiveness? Bloody do it.Don't moan, or else I can lump you in with the other fastracking morons.

Don't moan, or else I can lump you in with the other fastracking morons.

I'm just having an opinion. Or is that now not allowed to happen without getting shouted at?And why is it you can take the 'bloody do it' attitude with Altons fastrack yet suddenly when it goes to Thorpe everyone moans about Ā£50 being a rip off. I think some people on here are way too used to the Thorpe sucks, Alton Rules attitude.

TPDan kinda hit the nail on the head here - I have noticed that people (not me) can't even say things within reason without getting shouted at or heavily criticised.If someone has an opinion, it would be probably for the best interests if the person were to say IMO, so others don't slaughter him/her.CWoA's fastrack, is something I like - I get for Ā£7 a ride on their best rides excl Rattlesnake & RR, it's really good and good-value for money.

Alton's Ā£75 fastrack includes entry to the theme park by the way people, so it's actually about Ā£45, cheaper than Thorpe's fastrack. :(

Really? It doesn't imply that on the website.

Fastrack all of the top attractions as many times as you like - all day long! Air, Nemesis, Rita, Ripsaw, Duel, Rapids, Hex, Spinball, Runaway Mine Train, Oblivion, The Flume, Enterprise, Submission, Charlie, Battle Galleons, Heave Ho & Marauders Mayhem.

Oh what is the point, the people who live there really need to grow a few new brain cells. They live next to the UK's largest / most popular theme park which is now a resort, a few of them objecting a rollercoaster isn't going to make a massive difference. If they don't like it, they're welcome to bugger off IMO, regardless of the "residents were there first" argument - live with it, or move the hell out.Realistically, the only people that are going to be objecting to this coaster will live in Alton and / or Farley, of which the combined population is probably like 200. Which is a very very very small fraction of the amount of visitors they get each day so what makes them think they're gonna stop this coaster going ahead is beyond me.Alton Towers and JCB are the main providers of employment in those very remote areas and they should be welcoming such development during a recession, because it will attract more visitors and publicity which not only benefits Alton Towers, but is a great help to local business's like shops and B&B's etc. Do they realise where they would be without Alton Towers developing? If they stopped development eventually people would look elsewhere with an attitude of 'been there done that' to Alton.

Hey guys, lets remember that this is only a very small minority in the village. A lot of the people from Alton fully back the park as its a huge source of revenue. Try and see it from their point of view, thousands of cars rampaging through their village every morning and evening must not be very nice. If any of you have driven through Alton, its not very nice.

That is true Mr 9. I did have two specific people in mind when writing that post but they shall remain unnamed.The relief road would be the obvious solution for the traffic, but its something which I believe should be funded by Staffordshire Council and not Alton Towers who are there to provide magical days with world class rides, not build new roads in the area.