Alton Towers News

Dan9

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So with Thorpe Park releasing details on their Easter Event, so has Alton!

Located next to Sonic Spinball!The famous Rocky Chocolate Biscuit Bar, from Foxā€™s biscuits, is proud to bring you Mt. Rocky, the worldā€™s first chocolate based climbing wall. Complete with real flowing chocolate waterfall, are you heroic enough to take it on? Bring your family down to plunge headfirst through our chocolate waterfall and climb the 32ft high chocolaty cliff face at Alton Towers this Easter. Early climbers will receive full demos with instructors and on 10th April, the chance to meet Peter Andre, but the chocolaty cliff face is only suited to the courage of those over 6.

Posted ImageOh wow :)

• 1 month later...

Taken from Coasterforce....

ALTON TOWERS, STAFFORDSHIRE, UK

Yesterday (2nd May 2012), Alton Towers lost a court hearing to overturn a decision to allow the local couple Mr & Mrs Roper to take their "noise complaint" to the high courts.

This means that Mr and Mrs Roper will now have a full high court hearing over their complaint about the noise levels coming from the theme park.

If they succeed in their high court case, they could force Alton Towers to either relocate, or even remove rides that are deemed too noisy.

If they lose the case, the financial impact on the couple could be horrendous.

EDIT: Sentinal Article link : http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Theme-park-noise-battle-reignited/story-15990916-detail/story.html

Let's be honest, who's going to win. A multi-National multi-million pound company or two people who own a house in a village... Methinks probably the former.

They just don't get the message do they, Alton Towers has already removed audio on a number of rides, and cut down their event hours, now they want to force the closure of rides, tut tut.

Let's be honest, who's going to win.

Whoever, legally, is in the right. I'm not too sure the answer to that is as clear cut as we'd like it to be.

I can think of many many ways in which Alton could at least try to be better neighbours, including the choosing of where to put major outdoor attractions to keep the noise down at the perimeter. Through their many owners they have always, naturally, been driven by profit rather than social responsibility, and that approach may well come and bite them in the arse.

On the flip side, these two seem to be unreasonable morons. So fingers crossed.

Of course, should Towers be forced to remove rides or close, there will be a fair few businesses in the Alton area who will suddenly lose all of their custom...

It's always ironic really these two, as their pottery factory creates just as much noise for the people living near it as Towers might well do to them... Though I'm sure I read once that they had actually moved away... Oh wells, see what the judge makes of it...

I really hope that couple lose tbh, if they hate it so much just move yourself. Don't try and make a theme park move.... I really think it's pathetic

But then their argument is that they've lived in their house long before Alton Towers was as big and noisy as it now is.

However the other twist, is that I am sure Alton have offered to pay a lot for them to move house, and probably a fair amount! However they are persistent. So I can see why they are annoyed, I just do not see how they think they can stop a multi million pound attraction!

I think they have got to look at there neighbours and realise they should just take the compensation money and get the heck out of there!

Thats what I would do anyway!

So I can see why they are annoyed, I just do not see how they think they can stop a multi million pound attraction!

Just because you are big and rich doesn't mean you can ignore laws and court orders. I (and I'm pretty sure all of us) don't know enough about this to have much of an opinion on whether Alton have done that, but I'll bet the Ropers have taken a lot of legal advice on their chances if the continue this so there has to be something in it.