Alton Towers News

Dan9

omg ive been on the phone to ALTON TOWERS this morning and they have said theres now FASTRACK for 13 omg so unfair I have PLATIUM fasttrack opening day and NOW I have to Q for 13 NOT happy its so unfair that I have to Q !

None of the fastracks have thirteen on them apart from its own seperate ticket.

• 3 weeks later...

^ I think your website's very good :PThere are a few things I'd change, for example some of the ratings, personally I think are incorrect. But that's my opinion, and also the queue for Battle Galleons is apparently usually between 20-40. Whenever I have visited, it doesn't matter how busy, even in the middle of summer the queue for that has never been over 5.Other than that very good :(Edit: By the ratings, I mean for example, Air is apparently as thrilling as Oblivion :P

Hey Guys! Thought you might be interested just updated my Alton Towers Section on my website! it has all my stuff from thirteen! check it out hereThemeparkmania.com Alton Towers GuideAlso here was my trip report! had a really great time and it seems to get more magical every year!My Trip Report

Thats an awesome website mate well done on it :P Wish I could do something like that :P I like your pictures on Th13teen aswell... Overall great website :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

New Alton Towers Publicity Stunt:Gotta say I love this one, very tongue in cheek and a bit fun:Sex ban for Alton Towers thrill-seekersDiscuss and please remember it is a IMO a PUBLICITY STUNT. I am pre empting those people who are gonna argue about privacy and yada yada yada.

Does anyone remember when Alton Towers used to do decent publicity? Before they turned ****ing crazy and started banning Speedos, employing rain gods and banning sex in its hotels. I remember the days when they added outstanding rides to but thats another story...

I honestly have given up all hope with Towers and it's PR...There's nothing wrong at all with doing the odd thing every so often once or twice a year (in the same way Thorpe have had their odd PR stunts), but nearly every 2 weeks Towers has a completely new PR thing is some paper about some crap they've decided to do...The only paper this would work in is the Daily Mail anyways, and they put it in the Sun... Shows how intelligent they are...

I think as enthusiasts, who see all of these publicity stunts, we will obviously have a strong opinion on them as it's just one thing after another. Yet the general public will probably see perhaps one or two of these stunts a year via the tabloids (which eat up stuff like this). It creates media coverage and gets the park out there into mainstream pop culture.Whatever our opinions, we cannot deny that it works! Personally I don't mind them as much, I can see the tongue- in- cheek factor behind it all. The only Merlin stunt I haven't liked as much is Thorpe's summer one from last year.

I think as enthusiasts, who see all of these publicity stunts, we will obviously have a strong opinion on them as it's just one thing after another. Yet the general public will probably see perhaps one or two of these stunts a year via the tabloids (which eat up stuff like this). It creates media coverage and gets the park out there into mainstream pop culture.Whatever our opinions, we cannot deny that it works! Personally I don't mind them as much, I can see the tongue- in- cheek factor behind it all. The only Merlin stunt I haven't liked as much is Thorpe's summer one from last year.

I don't see all those publicity stunts, in fact I only find out about one or two of them from forums like this. It's very hard for me to put into words but I shall try anyway.The focus on these publicity stunts is always completely irrelevant to the park itself. It should be the rides and attractions and things in the park getting the publicity. The Th13teen one around the election was a good one for instance because it involved something relevant and the ride itself. In their latest one, what exactly is being publicised? The park? The Hotel? The Alton Towers resort? The fact that they have beds you can have sex in?I think saying "it works" is so lazy, its the equivalent of saying 'kk' on msn or texting one word replies to people. Is it really getting people to the park or are the parks doing well because of new rides which should be creating the hype not Mark no longer getting a happy time during the night.

Oh Mark I do agree with you, really I do. Especially a park like Alton which has so much going for it. I suppose the suggestion is that the story could be about anything, but the fact that it is associated with Alton Towers will keep the name floating around. Again, it's not a marketing technique I'm the biggest fan of, like you say, the park should be swinging for the fences and shouting about the brilliant experience Alton has on offer.