Alton Towers News

Dan9

YesPosted Image

Not Before hand I am going to moan so here it goes...First Question WHY???The ride is Th13teen for a reason, why change it?The whole point of the name Th13teen was to bring fear to the ride, because people see the number too be unlucky, and I do find it incredibly selfish of alton towers to close it yesterday, what about all of those that dont believe in all of this superstition, its pathetic really.Rant Over

Not Before hand I am going to moan so here it goes...First Question WHY???The ride is Th13teen for a reason, why change it?The whole point of the name Th13teen was to bring fear to the ride, because people see the number too be unlucky, and I do find it incredibly selfish of alton towers to close it yesterday, what about all of those that dont believe in all of this superstition, its pathetic really.Rant Over

1 - PR stunt, as it was Friday the 13th yesterday, a few weeks ago they announced Thirteen would not be open... Then on Thursday they said it would be renamed for the day...2 - See above...3 - Yes, yes the PR stunts are pathetic...

LOL you find it selfish of Alton? To do a PR stunt? And to keep the ride open just under a different name with limited edition merchandise available? The ride stayed open, just for yesterday it was called FOURTEEN not TH13TEEN for apparently superstitious reasons... That's it... and all is now back to normal...*Facepalm*

LOL you find it selfish of Alton? To do a PR stunt? And to keep the ride open just under a different name with limited edition merchandise available? The ride stayed open, just for yesterday it was called FOURTEEN not TH13TEEN for apparently superstitious reasons... That's it... and all is now back to normal...*Facepalm*

Okay I admit selfish is a bit of a big word, but I do find it a little silly, I mean wht about all of those people that dont get to go alton towers that often, and tried to go on alton towers new ride with the full experience, name and all. I'm just moaning about something silly really, I know I am, but hey thats me :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sexy...No suprise it crashed yesterday considering the Facebook Event thing...Surely that's worth a talk about?Towers running a day where if you turn up and check-in on Facebook, you get free entry... Same line up as Half Term (So no Thirteen or Rita), and the first 100 people get free night in hotel...It'll be a nightmare...

Sexy...No suprise it crashed yesterday considering the Facebook Event thing...Surely that's worth a talk about?Towers running a day where if you turn up and check-in on Facebook, you get free entry... Same line up as Half Term (So no Thirteen or Rita), and the first 100 people get free night in hotel...It'll be a nightmare...

When is this? Will be interesting to see how it pans out, but other than with pre-existing fanboys I don't think it will generate a huge response.

When is this? Will be interesting to see how it pans out, but other than with pre-existing fanboys I don't think it will generate a huge response.

18th Feb... The day before Half Term opens...And it has generated a MASSIVE reponse... Just read their Facebook page and link in the fact that their new website crashed after they revealed it and I'll find you'll find that the reponse has been exactly what they want it to be... Even if the majority of people on their Facebook are stupid as hell...

18th Feb... The day before Half Term opens...And it has generated a MASSIVE reponse... Just read their Facebook page and link in the fact that their new website crashed after they revealed it and I'll find you'll find that the reponse has been exactly what they want it to be... Even if the majority of people on their Facebook are stupid as hell...

Ah, ok, will put hands up. I just looked and I underestimated the amount of people on there FB page by around 500,000. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The facebook tag event could go one of two ways if you ask me.It COULD be busy as hell, and probably be a disaster, with rides breaking down left right and center, and queue times reaching 120 mins+Or you could look at it this way; not everyone owns a phone capable of Facebook Places, in fact the demographic most likely to have one will be 13-30 year olds. So, 13-17 year olds will most likely still be on school on friday, even if they bunked, they'd still have to get to the park, and I doubt *most* parents would approve of them missing a day to drive them up there. And the older guys will also likely have work, two weeks notice isn't much at all really. And the best part? They can't phone in sick, because EVERYONE is gonna know where they are! haha...Now lets look at it from Alton Towers' point of view. This event is GENIOUS!!! Free ride testers, if anything breaks down noone has the right to be angry. Free publicity! The amount of people who will look at "Person is at Alton Towers" and think oh man I really wanna go there! And in fact, they will probably make more money from merchandise than they ever would have on entry fees.But really, its a catch 22. If it's not busy, then they'll never do this type of event again which would be a shame. But if it is then...

Alton will be ready. They make even have 1 or 2 rides on standby (much like a few years back) in case the event is busier than expected. I recall Hex opened as a bonus to cope with crowds. The only ride that will be on lower throughput is Air to my knowledge (2 crafts) - everything else should be on maximum.

Alton will be ready. They make even have 1 or 2 rides on standby (much like a few years back) in case the event is busier than expected. I recall Hex opened as a bonus to cope with crowds. The only ride that will be on lower throughput is Air to my knowledge (2 crafts) - everything else should be on maximum.

Ah good to hear, Nemesis wasnt nice last year one one train!

The only negative about Feb at Alton Towers, is that since most of the returning ride teams will be back tomorrow for their induction and re-training, it means that a lot of the "spruce up" of the park is not done until the period between February and full opening. As a result, the park looks far from its best.I guess it's still better to have the rides open for our enjoyment, than nothing at all though.:D

Excuse Double Post!Alton Towers LiveThe first of 2011's live music events to be held at Alton Towers will take place on Sunday, June 19th. Headlining will be JLS in front of the ruins, with McFly, The Saturdays and Eliza Doolittle all with sets from 5:30pm until late.Admission is Ā£55.00 per person which includes theme park entry, the concert and car parking!http://www.altontowers.com/alton-towers-live/