Dreams

Tom

• 2 months later...

I dreamt I was giving a presentation to the Chessie management about my personal plans for the future with a PowerPoint slide-show and the works...That was awesome...

Sounds like real life to me."And we hope to be better then Disney.. by adding a safari themed restraunt, cancelling our rethemes and continuing to live off a decaying, 21 year old rollercoaster"

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I dreamt Thorpe were selling Storm Surge bears...oh dear. Then some lads were playing football by the final turn on Colossus and they kicked the ball onto the track, and I was like "OMG if the train hits it it might derail!" So I tried to run over the bridge but of course couldn't run fast enough :D Then the ball rolled off the track. Disaster averted!:D Then I had one where I was at college and made really stupid mistakes on my work. One of the girls in my group was all bitchy and laughed at me, and I totally flipped, had a proper rage! Told her to F off (then there was that awkward silence) and said that I had problems at home and that I could never think straight because of it etc. She didn't give a toss and said I was weak and I was crying my eyes out. Then it changed, I was in the same room and everyone had left but people from here were with me and comforting me :lol: And I got lots of lovely hugs :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Had a fanboy dream for the first time in ages. Essentially The Swarm was open and somehow there wasn't a horrific rush to get to it - Sounds good so far - Walking through the queue with DanA, DanH, and Jonny Dowling (I know, what?) I felt like I was just in a cage but then I emerged at the front of the train. There were three seats each side, I was stuck in the middle. As the train exited the station I realised the ride had been changed, and did not fit the plans. Hard to explain but there was sort of a spiral lift hill which turned into a sort of launch, the rest of the track was similar but we all fell off and ended up by Inferno. I then complained to guest services about this before waking up.Pretty weird.

ok then... Posted Image

*resurrects*REM sleep (Rapid Eye Movement sleep) is when our brains momentarily paralyse our bodies during sleep so that only our brains are functioning. It's then that we dream, and it's called REM sleep because of the way we use our eyes as if we were awake - we are looking at our the various aspects of our dream as it unravels. These periods (usually lasting anywhere between 15 minutes and an hour) are interspersed with moments of "deep sleep", or "Stage 4 sleep" (REM is Stage 2). During this period of deep sleep, we forget the content of the dream we just had in REM sleep, which is why we can only remember that last dream we had before waking, if any. You may have experienced those times when you're having a lie-in, and you're pretty much on the brink of waking up, but you don't - you keep your eyes closed consciously while you're able to capture brief - and usually, the more unusual aspects - of your dream in this thin veil of unconsciousness - this is REM sleep being experienced just before you wake up. If you decide to stay in bed further, you might find yourself in the same position again (on the brink of waking up), only, an hour later, because the transition to and from a period of deep sleep has erased the memory of the earlier dream and period of REM sleep. If you wake up during a period of REM sleep, you are likely to remember the contents of your dream more, because you woke during it. If you wake during deep sleep, when your brain itself is having a rest (though not completely dormant), then you do not remember any dreams, because the deep sleep has erased them. Some people have trouble recollecting their dreams because either the thought of waking up and "facing the day" as it were, means that the dream slips out of your memory even if you wake during a period of REM sleep. People waking from REM sleep often find getting up easier, but those waking from a period of deep sleep are often much slower to readjust themselves to waking up, and will take longer to get out of bed. /psychologeh

• 5 weeks later...

Last night I had possibly the most disturbing, horrible dream I've ever had in my life...I was at school and Nazi's came in, shooting all our teachers as they tried to protect us. Then they lined us up in the hall and told us they were going to shoot at random enough bullets to kill us all but 3. This girl at my school who was the school slag was infront of me in the line, as I was at the back, and as they started shooting, I used her as a human shield. It was horrible as it was so vivid, and I woke up crying. I don't know what's wrong with me to be frank, but I'm not sure why I had a dream about nazis :/

Has anybody ever played the game 'Rock of Ages'? For those who haven't, the main character in the game is this dude:Posted ImageAnyways, my dream was about that big round rock rolling around after me. It followed me everywhere I went in an attempt to crush me, and the only places it couldn't do so was:1) If I was to hide in a small gap the rock couldn't fit in.2) If I hid was to in a house in which all the windows were shut. If they were open the rock would get in, if all the windows were shut however, it could not.Unfortunately, if I was to do either of the above I would be trapped and unable to escape from my hiding spot so I had to run around as fast as I could. The rock chased me up hill and down hill and I run to a local pub to find a neihgbour of mine having a pint. Everybody else was aware of this rock, but really didn't care if I got crushed by it because I was the only person the rock was targeting. I had to ask my neighbour if I could have the keys of his car so I could clean its interior, and after he gave my the keys, I drove off with his car. My dream ended after I rode-raged all the way to the M25 and the rock was nowhere to be seen, and I have no idea what happened after that because I played Doodle Jump and listened to Skrillex on my iPod.I also once had a dream that the Absorbaloff from Dr Who:Posted ImageWas playing hide and seek with my mates. I hid on my roof and watched it 'absorb' all of my helpless friends and as soon as it ran to my local Cooperative, I legged it to the local Bowling Alley.I'm starting to notice that my dreams tend to be about things chasing me around my local area in an attempt to kill me, and if it carries on then I may need some more help than Lauren does with her Nazi dreams :wub:

• 9 months later...

Had a fanboy dream for the first time in ages. Essentially The Swarm was open and somehow there wasn't a horrific rush to get to it - Sounds good so far - Walking through the queue with DanA, DanH, and Jonny Dowling (I know, what?) I felt like I was just in a cage but then I emerged at the front of the train. There were three seats each side, I was stuck in the middle. As the train exited the station I realised the ride had been changed, and did not fit the plans. Hard to explain but there was sort of a spiral lift hill which turned into a sort of launch, the rest of the track was similar but we all fell off and ended up by Inferno. I then complained to guest services about this before waking up.Pretty weird.

Just re-read. My favourite bits have to be

'there was a sort of spiral lift hill which turned into a sort of launch' and 'we all fell off and ended up by inferno'

I keep on having this recurring dream, where I'm in a pitch black room, theres a spotlight shining on me, but all around me is darkness, I'm swinging on a chair, I keep swinging & swinging & swinging, when suddenly the back of the chair collapses & then I just wake up in shock, I honestly don't know what to make of it.

I have this recurring dream which I've been having since I was a kid where I would be walking down the stairs and when I got to the middle bit next to the window I'd freeze still and couldn't move. Then a monster would slowly walk up the garden to the window and get me. Quite strange considering I first had this dream when I was a lot younger and I still have it sometimes.