Theme Park and Rollercoaster Simulation Games

Tom

Yeah tbh I think it's because I did build it very much in two halves. I'm pretty proud of how the first Immelmann / corkscrew / Immelmann / airtime hill turned out though, just the transition out of the second air hill that I could improve I think. But I'm quite happy for a first serious ride because Newton2 is very hard to learn! I've crossed a barrier in actually finishing something, so onwards and upwards I shall go!

Edit - spent the day building a B&M Hyper. It's lush! Perfectly smooth throughout as well, despite seeming a more daunting prospect it was actually easier and more logical to shape and build. After I've spent a few aeons supporting, I'll post a video.

Double post but for the benefit of those in chat at 1am last night who had to put up with my moaning, I've finished my Hyper ;) Actually very proud of this ;)

Posted Image

(Love this layout shot btw because it reminds me of that first diagram of Shambhala's :P )

Posted Image

Stats:

Height: 232'

Length: 4,972'

Speed: 79 mph

Max Vertical Angle: 82*

Elements:

197' Airtime Hill

177' Airtime Hill

145' Twisted Airtime Hill Turnaround

144' Airtime Hill

High-Speed Curve

117' Airtime Hill

103' Airtime Hill

82' Helix

:D

The Hunger Games Trilogy has been one of the most successful Teen Action books of this generation, now with the new release of the Box office smashing Film; The Hunger Games Ride is the next exploration of the franchise.

The Flight of the Mocking jay a B&M Wing rider that takes you across district 12 and through the ruins of the war against the capitol, the rise of the Mocking-jay will Begin. Coming Summer 2012.Still more 3Ds to come and stats.

Posted Image

A 3D render of the layout including 3DS station and theming still got supporting to do.

Posted Image

Side view.

Posted Image

Entrance.

Posted Image

The top of the lift hill, Supports and custom catwalks still to do.

Posted Image

Entrance plaza.

Posted Image

The Station

Posted Image

station exterior

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So, NoLimits 2 is in the pipeline as many may know, and updates have been far and few between. The developers have recently released an update on the progress of the next generation NoLimits 2 simulator.

In this update we see a video of the Dive Coaster splashdowns, addition of new track design tools, more work on the rendering of aged/worn track, the addition of the B&M flying coaster, improved shadows on objects, addition of B&M switch tracks and finally the addition of the S&S/Arrow 4D coaster.

This looks very Newton 2 inspired... ;)

nl2mc2012pic1.jpg

Kumba with aged track. All-round graphic improvements such as support bolt details too.

nl2mc2012pic3.jpg

B&M Flying Coaster, Tatsu?

nl2mc2012pic4.jpg

B&M switch track.

nl2mc2012pic5.jpg

S&S 4D Coaster.

nl2mc2012pic6.jpg

All images and info sourced from the official NoLimits sim website: http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=news

And finally a quote from the developers, it seems NL2 won't be coming soon, but I'm sure it will be worth all the waiting. It's good to see this progress!

What you see on the screenshots above: Radius comb in editor before and after hand smoothing, catwalks and rusty track, improved shadows for objects close to viewer, switch tracks for dual stations, 4D track.

The radius comb is a very powerful tool for hand smoothing out a track, the blue points control the track spline and the green discs are roll points that control the banking. Both points are completely independent from each other and allow very flexible editing. The new catwalks can be added to every piece of track. In NL1, they were limited to brakes, lift and transport sections. The improved shadows are more blurry and look more realistic. The special switch tracks were added to make dual stations, they can also be used for other applications such as storage tracks. The 4D track is quite detailed, please notice that the position of the extra rails that control the 4D rotation will vary along the track depending on the 4D rotation angle.

And last but not least: It is done when it is done, it is that simple.

There is not much left to do, I am working on the station building right now. I need to transfer a couple of older coaster styles to NL2 yet, and there is some small stuff to be done like creating the manual etc. Since this will be a completely new software product that has not much in common with NL1, basically everything is different, it will not be a simple update. Releasing the product requires more planning, so I cannot give you a release date at this point, even if it would be done right now.

Didn't really know if this was best for this topic or the RCT3 one, because it could be a bit of both...

Released next this year apparently! Don't know all the details but it looks interesting, hopefully it manages to get somewhere near NoLimits-level coaster design (or at least it looks a lot more thorough than RCT) mixed with RCT and well, running the actual park.

Well that would be fun, with the realistic-ness of no limits and rct3 mixed together so you can manage a park! I love rct3 and I don't play no limits due to the fact that you make a coaster and don't particularly do anything with it! No one rides it except yourself and that just made me feel that it was a bit boring. That's why I play rct3 :P

Also one thing, can you build flat rides in this new game because it made it all part of the fun!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Some exciting news about NoLimits Simulation 2! The creators have realeased more information, and it has been annouced that the program will be released THIS YEAR!

Here is an uncomplete list of features you see in the screenshots.

• Dive Coaster station platform (fully animated)
  • Hidden track (can be used for all kind of effects, including special mainenance tracks)
  • 4D Coaster bogie and car (insane detail)
  • 4D Coaster prefabs
  • Optional railing lights (the color can be customized)
  • Station lights (will switch on/off depending on time of day)
  • Improved older coaster styles (higher detail of wheels etc.)
  • Vertical rotation switch track (shifting switches are available, too)
  • Graphical user interface of editor (OS independet GUI, tab based work flow)
  • Multiple viewports in editor (optional)
  • G-Force comb in editor (updates in realtime, works similar as radius comb)
  • Track nodes (position, roll and segment border nodes are independent from each other)

Here is some information about the product and release.

• This is no game anymore, we are targetting realism
  • There will be different licenses (standard and pro)
  • Pro license will contain additional features for high quality video export and screenshots
  • Windows XP is required, Windows Vista/7/8 or newer recommended
  • Renderer uses Direct 9.0c in Windows version and OpenGL for other OSs
  • Renderer requires ShaderModel 3.0 graphics hardware with at least 256MB VRAM
  • Initially there will be a version for Windows only, Mac version is planned for next year
  • 2 GB RAM recommended.
  • Fast graphics hardware highly recommended (seriously)
  • Will make use of multi core CPU, 2 or more cores highly recommended
  • Release will be this year, probably not before begin of November, we will keep you informed
  • Price not decided yet, will be around $45 for standard license
  • Price for pro license not decided yet, will be around $100
  • There will be discounts for NL1 customers, amount is not decided yet
  • Since NL2 is way more professional and complex, we might continue to offer NL1
  • It will be offered over the internet as download only, no CD version
  • There will be lots of free updates that will add new features
  • Download size will be around 500MB

Some Images:

nl2oct13_1.jpg

nl2oct13_9.png

nl2oct13_5.jpg

nl2oct13_3.jpg

For the full list of images and latest information click http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=news

There are more than two new Coaster Styles!

B&M Flyer

S&S 4D coaster

Intamin Launch Coaster

B&M Dive Coaster

I know thats's only 4 but they havent actually released 'specific' new coaster types. Which I'm sure there will be more than 4, at least.

Baring in mind you also have a lot better features including as you say graphics, transfer track, tunnnels that actually go underground, new station buildings to give a more realistic feel, new catwalk system to actually work with the design rather than the crap it was in version 1. Complete new support system meaning the supports actually work when using the premade selection.

Considering its a lot of money its a vast improvement:

sup1.jpg

Depends if that's the actual charge for it though in pounds though...

Certainly looks high end, wonder what it looks like on a typical laptop/desktop without all the high grade stuff on it? Always the issue with PC games (both exclusive and multi-platform) these days is that all the imagery is taken off this wonderful expensive things that few people actually own...

What they NEED to have on NL, is a simplified introduction and simple mode if you will, where it does a lot of the nitty gritty for you when designing on it (banking/supports/etc)... It's what never got me into the thing fully in the first place...

• 2 months later...

10th January it is then - a week today.

After over 8 years of development, numerous burnouts, adding of countless features that were originally not planned, and 670,000 lines of code, we are proud to announce the official release date of NoLimits 2, finally.

NoLimits 2 will come out on January, 10th 2014

http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?page=news