Theme Park and Rollercoaster Simulation Games

Tom

Ok, I am considering getting this as my first purchase of a game like this.However I have a couple of questions;Should I start with something like RCT or would I be able to get the hang of this over time?How much would it cost to upgrade to these sorts of requirements?Pentium PIII or better-3D accelerated video card with at least 32 MB Video-RAM

Ok, I am considering getting this as my first purchase of a game like this.However I have a couple of questions;Should I start with something like RCT or would I be able to get the hang of this over time?How much would it cost to upgrade to these sorts of requirements?Pentium PIII or better-3D accelerated video card with at least 32 MB Video-RAM

Bulding a coaster on RCT3 is completely different to building one on nolimits. So I would just get nolimits. I'm not sure about all that upgrading stuff though....But I do strongly reccomend you get nolimits, its the best computer game thing I have ever bought. :D

Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build2600)BIOS: )Phoenix - AwardWorkstation BIOS v6.00PGProcessor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, MMX, 3DNow (2CPU's)Memory: 2046MB RAM Page file: 773MB used, 3165MB avaliableI couldn't copy straight from the box so I retyped what I thought was needed.

ystem Information------------------Time of this report: 3/27/2010, 13:48:01 Machine name: COMPUTERROOM Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.091208-2036) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)System Manufacturer: Dell Inc System Model: Dimension E521 BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz Memory: 2046MB RAM Page File: 730MB used, 3208MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)DX Setup Parameters: Not found DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Sorry, forgot about this! Should have been a much longer rep, but because I'm so nice I looked up your computer :P Good news is, you're fine. Download the demo if you want an exact idea of frame rate?Anyway, I've fully got the hang of things now! :P Here's a few shots from my first 'proper' ride:Posted ImagePosted ImagePOV to follow!

I had the demo of NoLimits on my PC and I didn't know what the f**k was going on lol! Is the demo harder/not the same as the actual game? I can't really explain it but when I clicked to build track it was like really small and bendy? It didn't really look like coaster track actually!Please help me cos I don't have the money to buy it but I really wanna have a go! :P

I had the demo of NoLimits on my PC and I didn't know what the f**k was going on lol! Is the demo harder/not the same as the actual game? I can't really explain it but when I clicked to build track it was like really small and bendy? It didn't really look like coaster track actually!Please help me cos I don't have the money to buy it but I really wanna have a go! :P

So difficult to explain - NL is like one of hardest programs to understand and it takes some amount of getting used to. :P

If thats one of your first coasters thats really, very good :PA couple of tips.-Shaping was off in quite a lot of places, meaning G's were crazy, this will come with experience- The brakes were WAY to sharp at the end and the cars went way,way,way to fast through the block brakes. - Trees etc were a little close, but added a nice landscape. :P- There were quite a few pumps, but to be honest these were hardly noticeable considering its a first coaster.That looks like a lot, but really it was great for a first coaster.

Thank you :P In response I would say a few things:I see what you mean about the shaping, but as far as I could see none of the G Forces are terrible - I think the spinning and the proximity to trees accentuated the feeling of crazy G Forces.I accept your point on the brakes too. The only reason I made the end brakes so sharp was that I wanted the cars to stop and lock the spinning, otherwise they would have spun into the station. I didn't feel the MCBRs were taken much quicker than Fury's, but I'm not sure.Trees I agree, while going for the enclosed forest look I probably went a tad overboard :P Pumps I think were also made worse by trees and spinning like I said in my first point.Thanks for the tips and advice though, I hope I don't come across as just trying to brush off criticism, I'm just trying to explain why each of the points you brought up were there :P I'm all for criticism which will help me improve, so thanks! :P

Of course not, I do the same :P One thing though which would help you with this ride, change the coaster type to the Gerstlauer Bobsled and you will see a lot more of the pumps, it happened to me, I created a fantastic spinner, it was relatively smooth, I uploaded it and it got slated for being rough, turns out for some reason the ride is smoother when the Maurer Sohne Spinner. It's still my personal favourite when creating rides on NL.Also, with the trees, enclose your whole ride in a tunnel (Right Click, check the tunnel box) and if any trees, track or supports are in that, then there in that "reach area"Also, you can get the ride spinning to lock at a different point. :PIt could possibly be the reason it seemed so fast on the brakes was the POV which "can" speed things up, if there was a way I could download it I'd love to take a closer look.Hope any of that has helped, I'm not trying to sound like a know-it-all, I really am not and my coasters are far from brilliant, just some tips I've picked up over my time playing the game.

:POne thing I can see straight away is that your sections are too big, by making them smaller you get more control, and tighter, more fun transitions :PI must say though, your supporting was great and is miles better than mine, that's always something I've loathed/struggled with.Ah also with yours, the block sections need to be sloped downwards so the cars restart again, also I think 25mph+ is just a tad faster than the speed Fury goes through it's blocks :lolHonestly, it's great for someone so new to the game!

Thanks very much :P I'll try some smaller sections and see what happens. Maybe 25 is a bit fast :(On the plus side, after wrestling with it for a very long time, I've just made a bang on perfect Zero-G roll on a B&M Invert! Now that I know what to look out for, how to improve things ect I'm going to take this one slowly and try and make the track absolutely perfect. Well, close as I can get :P I'm going to make 3DS for this too, because I've already got the skills for that from making my own stuff for RCT3 for ages :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...