Port Aventura

Con

The hotels are offering them for like 50 euros for the whole duration of your stay now which is pretty good! Wish I stayed in an official PA hotel rather than a cheap one 5 mins away!

Yeah someone was saying to me that Detty was a powered push and not just left to let you drop, maybe Condor should have been built that way :P

It was fairly ok, don't forget though we went in the Euro's latter stages and when the football was on the park emptied like anything! But it was nice to see when they won a match they were all chanting when coming into the station's, chanting on the lift hill and clapping! Wouldn't get that over here! ;)

I just think the Fastpasses are so much better over there for what they offer and the price rather than paying £85 to get the unlimited one at Alton Towers in shorter opening times which is hardly worth it at all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know which one you choose to get a twin room at a PA hotel out of double or twin (two guest) or double or twin room as the reviews online are saying that they booked one of these rooms and only had a double bed and there is only like a pound difference between the rooms for our stay?

• 3 weeks later...

I am sorry but the fastrack system sounds like a joke. I have barely read a trip report from PA by someone from the UK of late that hasn't shown use of the fastrack. Unlimited fastrack for €50 for the duration of your stay? Sure, it's cheap - but that means everyone is going to buy them? I dread to think the impact this has on the hideous cattle pen queues of Furius Baco and Shambhala etc.

I can't believe PA are still putting in such awful queue lines frankly. For a park of such a standing, and high regard... they need to look at the Wodan queue. And learn.

If the unlimited Ultimate Fastrack services at AT and Thorpe were £40.00 for your whole stay in the resort hotels then everyone would be after them. And then the general "non-fastrack" guests would find their queue times massively exaggerated.

Fastrack really isn't that bad there! They manage it really well and even during the white night event there wasn't an outragous amount of people using it! It's done really well and if your a hotel guest you have to show your hotel card along with the wristband for added checks.

I'd rather pay for it out there and get 20+ rides on Shambhala/ Dragon khan etc than pay £70 to do Th13teen/Air over and over!

Also, Noches Blancas is an incredible event, if you get the chance to go out there when one is on then take it! The atompshere on park is magical, shows, partys and everything all going on around the park including your normal shows, such a brilliant event and can't wait for the next one!

From my individual experience

Fastrack is run well for fastrack users.

When I went I experienced skipping a 2hour 30 queue for Furius Baco because they pretty much let fastrack on and on and on and on.

Disgusting for those in the main queue.

When I visited I managed to aquire a hotel fastrack free of charge from some guests who were leaving and literally were like "hey, we have this fastrack - would you like it". This was in 2009, so quite a while back. The queue for Baco was advertised at 3hours so it was just as well.

:P

They seem to manage it a lot better now though, They'll fill the back 2 rows up on Baco and fill the rest with normal guests, Shambhala, they'll do one full train of normal guests then a train with express users, sounds bad but the express queue is near enough empty most of the time so they just fill the rest of the seats with normal queue, Khan they only let a certain amount of express on each train. Managed a lot better nowadays!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for doing that Stokesyboy, the video is great! PortAventura sure is a stunning park to look at. It's a shame to hear so much bad reviews of the park's queuing system though. Is it really as bad as everyone says?

Yes.

Unless you have fastrack. Whilst in the park, I saw several queues of over 2 hours - including one, Furius Baco, at 2 1/2 hours. I did a quick watch to check throughput - and it was around 500pph.

However, the park has amazingly themed areas, some of the best in Europe, and also is up there with the best parks for shows/entertainment.

:)

• 5 weeks later...

Excuse the double post...

Not sure if anyone on here has seen it but this was a video that me and Jonny392 did when we visited back in July!

Gives you a really good view of the park and what it's like, and hopefully if you have never been it'll make you want to go and experience it :)

Totally reminds me of Terra Mitica in that video! Which is a good thing in the themeing department. Terra Mitica just needs a few more rides, compared to this place which has good rides aswell! Gotta love PA, its great! :P

Still prefer Stealth to Baco though, <_<

• 4 months later...

Doesn't seem to have been discussed but the water park is getting a massive investment this year and should be reopening around May. I can't wait, I'm visiting Barcelona and Tarragona this June and haven't been to PA for a number of years. Anyone from here go last season?

Doesn't seem to have been discussed but the water park is getting a massive investment this year and should be reopening around May. I can't wait, I'm visiting Barcelona and Tarragona this June and haven't been to PA for a number of years. Anyone from here go last season?

I also went last season. Love Shambhala, such a fun ride.

• 2 weeks later...