Port Aventura

Con

Apparently the director of PortAventura has been interviewed on Spanish radio and has stated that the Ferrari coaster will be 100+metres and will go 0-200kmh in 3 seconds. So it would appear it will be closer to Kingda Ka than Stealth in comparison. You would think if they are going that high, they'd try and take the height record.

• 1 month later...

Hi to all,

I am visiting right at the beginning of summer at the beginning of July. I was wondering whether this would be a busy stay? To those who have visited what rides get the longest queues? I've never been before and am super excited as apparently it's a great park. Many thanks to all,

James

Check the port aventura trip reports page for my report earlier in the season. Insanely busy although it was the first day of season. However the school I work in had a trip to spain two weekends ago and they visited Port Aventura on a sunday and most rides were walk on to 10 mins.

Hola, PortAventura will most likely be busy during your stay as you will be going in the school holidays. The park will open at 10:00 and close at 24:00 so plenty of time to get on the rides and watch the shows. If your staying at one of the PortAventura hotels you can get the express premium gold for €51 and you get to keep the pass for the duration of your stay the pass includes 1 single front row on Shambhala, Furius baco and Dragon khan and unlimited access to the main attraction without joining the long queues plus reserved seating on some of the shows. You can still buy express passes if your not staying onsite but you will have to buy one for each visit.

Hi, this is very useful information. We have already booked our hotel stay and are staying for 3 days I think. What do you think the queues will be like? I am used to waiting quite long at thorpe park etc. is it €50 euros for all 3 days on the express pass btw or just one?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I am so, so, very tempted.

URGENT LOOKING FOR A MALE OR FEMALE SINGER FOR PORT AVENTURA AMUSEMENT PARKNew

All regions, Worldwide

WE LOOK FOR A LEAD SINGER FOR A ONE MAN SHOW

We are looking for a female or male lead singer for a contract at Port Aventura amusement park in Spain. Starting immediately and until midd september or until the 6th of january.

We look for an open person who interact with the clients and amuse them. This person hast to have a strong voice, because the working place is open air.

There will be 5 shows a 25 minutes per day

6 days week

We offer a monthly salary of 900 euros net

shared accommodation with other artists

transportation from the apartment to the park and back home

return flight ticket

Payment details: 900 euro monthly

Applications to this casting call require:

•  
  • A phone number
  •  
  • A profile photo
  •  
  • A profile video
  •  
  • An audio clip

I have just returned from Port Aventura for 10 days (7 day ticket)

I have many complaints this year, however I will first mention the positives, we visited during the week in Which the park transitioned from a 10 - 20:00 closing time, to the White Night 'Noche Blana' 10:00 - 04:00, and then 10:00 - 00:00. So I had a good feel for the variety on offer and got to experience White Night and Fiesta Aventura. 

Angkor was a fun ride, however it is nonetheless simply a large Battle Galleons. 

I will simply exemplify previous comments, I have been an avid fan of Port Aventura for years and have gone almost every year, however this was possibly one of my worst experiences, (this is not to say I did not have a fantastic time about 75% of the time). 

My first major issue is the continued problem with the Spanish to know anything called 'Customer Service', generally they lack the basic concepts of a simple smile and acknowledgement (this is a gross exaggeration of Stereotype). Numerous times throughout my visit I had blunt staff, who did little but point and not even offer me eye contact. This is something I at least expect when I am paying over 4 Euro's for a Coco Cola. Nevertheless there was a significant minority that were helpful and offered the basic level of service I expect. 

Now our most popular topic on this forum...Queue Jumpers and Express Passes (I feel they belong in the same category because they are both ruining 70% of the customer's day). Where do I begin...Queue Jumpers, I acknowledged one sign at the entrance stating no queue jumping however beyond this, there are no signs to warn queue jumpers, nor would that matter because staff do not enforce this. And as has been stated on here, Spanish School Children especially like to jump the queue's to join their friends, irrelevant whether there are only 2 in the line and there are 10 of their 'mates'. 

I would put most of the queue jumping issues down to the layout of the queue line, the most prominent ones are Dragon Khan with its rectangle 100 meter hurdle fences, and Furius Baco with its amazing ability to cut a queue by 3 hours divided by one single metal bar easy enough for an 8 year old to climb over. 

I can agree with all when everyone's day is ruined no thanks to these...(I cannot use the words)...however numerous times my group failed to stop Queue Jumpers, and the staff do nothing to stop it even when you inform them. I did complain to Customer Services over this major issue, combined with the lack of enforcing a no smoking policy in queue lines, which really grinds my gears. 

As for Express Passes - well, all I can say is that if you are there for only 1 - 2 days, they are the greatest value for money ticket you could possibly ever buy if you come during peak season (10:00 - 00:00). I realised they are far more attractive than the UK Theme Park Fastpass offerings, because for only 25 Euro's you can skip the queues and for an extra 5 Euro's on top you can ride the top 3 Roller Coasters in the front row as well! That's 30 Euro's to get on everything...that's 50 Euro's per person including your entry ticket to get on everything and some more! No wonder it is so popular...ah...there is the problem...Now, do they limit this Express Pass System...NO, NO, NO...NO! Are queue times increased by double if not by three....YES! 

Numerous times coasters had full trains of Express Pass, with a notable incident with Furius Baco with 4 full trains of Express Pass without letting a single main queue get on...that is not fair, that is unprofessional, and just disrespectful...I did complain to customer service...guess what I got One Express Pass for Shambhala...defeats the object of my complaint...but hay, if you can't beat them you may as well join them! 

My main issue with Express Pass was, I did not see the value in spending extra for Express Pass when I had bought a 7 day ticket, and I was not able to use it over the 7 days...or at least I did not think I could do that. Therefore I had to stand in the long queues, however I in the end chose to do all of the shows and did the rides as and when they were under 90 minuets (albeit it could have been 45 minuets without Express Pass hogging most of the trains). 

The solution for Port Aventura for this simple problem, either restrict sales...but they will never ever do this because its a licence to print money, the only other option is to introduce time slots for the rides, too many times too many Express Passer's wished to use their Pass at the same time on one single ride causing major issues in the queue for the regular guests. So I strongly suggest Time Slots. 

One issue on my first day was the weather, Spanish Thunderstorm...obviously shut the rides until the storm was over, however I was amazed to see almost all rides shut 45 minuets after the rain had stopped and the sun had come out...if someone could explain to me why they did not operate way after any rain or wind please tell me! 

If you wish to do Angkor remember with Express Pass it runs at the capacity of Sonic Spinball. 

Fiestaventura - was a poor display, it has not changed in about 4 years, and where others have progressed Port Aventura has simply kept it the same.

Generation Forever was simply spectacular however - worth every moment, what a show, worth going to watch!

If you wish to know about White Night, you can either have a normal ticket for the whole day (normal gate price, or with your multi day ticket, etc), or buy an evening ticket from 8PM and rides run until 04:00 in the morning! There were a few incidents with my group which caused tensions and upsets, however once in the park, the event itself is fantastic and well worth a visit.

The park does not shut and reopen it simply stays open for the whole day and evening. It was a Brazilian Theme so there were parades of Dancers and Brazillian Drummers entertaining the busy crowds. They even raided Generation Forevever for a performance.

There was a live stage, and a foam party/Disco area in China. It really was a fun evening. However my negatives included, the lack of security presence beyond the entrance...too much Cannabis and my major niggle was at the entrance...I had entered earlier in the day, and had my hand stamped (my partner had not she stayed at the hotel), however when I returned, the crowds to get in was incredible (they were holding them back because they had 8PM Evening tickets, we did not, we had 7 day tickets) Long story short, we got turned away from both entrances, were told to go to customer services, I refused, and explained through the language barrier, that caused major tensions with my group and they should really reassess this procedure in the future.

My main issue with Express Pass was, I did not see the value in spending extra for Express Pass when I had bought a 7 day ticket, and I was not able to use it over the 7 days...or at least I did not think I could do that. 

Ah sir, you went wrong there!

Know on my visit I'm just gonna get an Express Pass mental thing as it's for the entire stay and sod the main queue if they're all queue jumping.. and hope not many queuejump me on Express Pass! :)

7 Days isn't overkill, the idea is to give you flexibility to go up in the morning or the evening as and when you like, rather than commiting to 2/3 days intensive. We stay at a hotel next door to the Hotel Caribe, Vil. La. Romana. Excellent hotel! 

Does this mean I could buy the Express Pass Ultimate, keep the wristband on my hand for my holiday and everytime I went in I could have got Express Pass!? If that's the case I would have done this!!!