Port Aventura

Con

So after not wishing to ride Baco again today... I did and on the back row, as well as doing 3rd row for the 3rd time over the two days... And whoever said back row is the worst, is lying, row 3 is excruciating, back row wasn't actually that bad - and well done front row twice tonight and have to say it was absolutely amazing, potentially my favourite ride - how much the seating row can change everything - and oh yeah left hand side is rougher than the right!

Oh honestly don't bother trying to work out a pattern of which specific row/seat/side is worse or better than another. Yes generally front row inside is 'less bad' most of the time but remember there's three different trains so there's no point trying to make any sense of it. Just assume it'll be terrible wherever you sit and pointlessly hope for the best. 

So after not wishing to ride Baco again today... I did and on the back row, as well as doing 3rd row for the 3rd time over the two days... And whoever said back row is the worst, is lying, row 3 is excruciating, back row wasn't actually that bad - and well done front row twice tonight and have to say it was absolutely amazing, potentially my favourite ride - how much the seating row can change everything - and oh yeah left hand side is rougher than the right!

I could never say a ride is my favourite ride if I have to ride it in a certain way to get enjoyment out of it. In my top ten you could take Katun, Nemesis, Blue Fire, Helix and ride in any seat and have a fantastic time. Some seats are better then others obviously but its never at a level where the ride is immensely different. How can Baco be your favourite ride when only one in twenty seats is any good. It's sheer madness.

I'm planning on booking at the portaventura hotel next year around July.

I don't remember the prices being so high, is it just a case of the prices not being updated yet or is this it?

Someone has told me that they may change around christmas time?

I think they've been creeping up for a while now. Although the rooms aren't anything special I would consider El Paso all inclusive if I were you. Saves a load of money (depending on how long you want to stay)

I could never say a ride is my favourite ride if I have to ride it in a certain way to get enjoyment out of it. In my top ten you could take Katun, Nemesis, Blue Fire, Helix and ride in any seat and have a fantastic time. Some seats are better then others obviously but its never at a level where the ride is immensely different. How can Baco be your favourite ride when only one in twenty seats is any good. It's sheer madness.

Haven't ridden any of these except nemesis. Didn't even think it was very good tbh and prefer many of the other B&Ms like Shambhala, swarm, air and oblivion. I did enjoy baco myself though, wherever I sat. It just felt like there was something special about it which made me want to re-ride it again and again. I think I did Shambhala 20times and baco 10times in 4days.

I think they've been creeping up for a while now. Although the rooms aren't anything special I would consider El Paso all inclusive if I were you. Saves a load of money (depending on how long you want to stay)

The Portaventura main hotel was really nice though. The rooms were of a high quality and the pool and surrounding area was really pretty. There was a few restaurants and bars dotted around and it was decorated with nice scenery and foliage. The breakfast was great as well and it directly accessed the parks. The other hotels are good as well I believe, obviously they don't link on directly(except gold river) however are of a good standard. I believe you can buy the unlimited express for €50 for your whole stay at any of the four hotels as well which is a great bargain.

People want to know what the ride is like... And if you want to like it don't do anything other than the front row haha! But it can actually be an amazing ride, potentially my favourite ever.

As for Baco... I said the potential to be my best ride as it was front row, and doesn't necessarily have to be the inside seat.

If we're talking about an all round great ride which I could ride over and over any seat, any time of day, then my top 3 would have to be...

3 - The Swarm

2 - Nemesis Inferno

1 - Shambhala

Even though I would say Nemesis at Alton towers is my favourite ride in the UK and then 2nd to Shambhala, it just hurts my head after too many goes... Whereas got 10 rides today on Shambhala aha! :)

Haven't ridden any of these except nemesis. Didn't even think it was very good tbh and prefer many of the other B&Ms like Shambhala, swarm, air and oblivion. I did enjoy baco myself though, wherever I sat. It just felt like there was something special about it which made me want to re-ride it again and again. I think I did Shambhala 20times and baco 10times in 4days.

They were just examples James and as you say you like Baco in every seat so my post isn't really aimed at you.

I just think its great on the front, rough on the others, aint too bad a ride tbh but not my favourite still top 3 in the park for me... I have to say I have fallen a little in love with Tomahawk, such a great kiddie ride much more fun then Stampida lol. Shambhala is still my favourite by far, just so amazing!!!! Dragon khan was a lot better today really forceful, really enjoyed it :) Great day!

Shambhala x10

Furius Baco x6

Dragon Khan x3

Hurakan Condor x2

Silver River flume x2

Grand Canyon Rapids x2

El Diablo x2

Stampida blue x1

Stampida red x2

Tomahawk x1

Angkor x1

Templo Del Fuego x1

Tutuki Splash x1

Kontiki Wave x1

total: 35  :)

• 4 months later...

Tomahawk is getting new trains this year! (Even though its Stampida that really needed them...) They look like this, from the looks of them they are GCI millenium Flyers although I might be wrong but great news none the less :D

10999430_931729993538521_465274888355135

Source: https://www.facebook.com/VideoReviewParks?fref=photo

Edit: it definitely is a GCI train as it has the same wheel assembly as coastersaurus in Legoland Florida

007_164.jpg

This is definitely very good news, should make a 'presumably' rough ride much smoother.

Now they should do the same with Stampida (burn those Kumbak trains with fire).

Tomahawk was actually great fun and not that rough... the issue was, only one adult to a row, and I struggled to fit in being 6ft... so hopefully the new trains will solve the problems.

• 4 weeks later...

FINALLY! Someone who has finally realised that the ride isn't as rough as the likes of (say) SAW! :D

I remember when I went on Furius Baco it was only quite rattly...and that's it. That inline twist though... :wub:

That TURN AROUND tho :wub:

Also, their ice age ride is literally the worst thing I've think I've been on in my life. Possibly worse than the michael Jackson thing at DLP...

Furius Baco is more than 'only quite rattly', it isn't rough in terms of head banging or the Saw 'jolt', but it is rattly to the point where you might as well be stationary strapped in a machine that just vibrates violently up and down for a minute

Captain EO is great, plus you have to accept that it was only bought back as a tribute to the late Michael Jackson.

Furius Baco is more than 'only quite rattly', it isn't rough in terms of head banging or the Saw 'jolt', but it is rattly to the point where you might as well be stationary strapped in a machine that just vibrates violently up and down for a minute

Captain EO is great, plus you have to accept that it was only bought back as a tribute to the late Michael Jackson.

Furius is short but was a lot better than I was expecting.

Yeah it's great they brought it back as a tribute to him but that doesn't take away from it being absolutely garbage