Port Aventura

Con

Try riding the front left outside seat.

Thats the only seat I've done and it was pure hell! The car shook so much I thought the wheel assembly was going to give way. Then the restraint clicked down a further two notches giving me cramp.

Came off with a bad leg and pounding headache which I rarely get.

The layout and launch is amazing and so is the idea of the winged seats the way it interacts with the landscape at the beginning... But as I've said before you need to be in a particular seat on a particular train, probablyat a certain time of day lol to have an enjoyable ride, and when it's good, it's sooo good, but probably like 99% of the time you come off feeling brain damaged and need a rest from rides for like an hour where its violently shaken you around so much!!

The first time I rode was early in the morning, about the 3rd or 4th train of the day.  It was OK, bounced a bit but not too bad.  As nothing else was open at this point I went round again and it was absolutely appalling.

Trouble is, even if it wasn't incredibly unpleasant to ride, I still don't think I'd rate it as the layout is unbelievably bland - even more so than Rita.  It's just fast and, as with PMBO and Millennium Force, I'm not a fan of rides that rely purely on speed without any dynamics.

Shambhala is the best ride I've been on... It is worth going for that! Even if Dragon Khan is boring, rattly and forceless, stampida is horrendously rough, and baco which needn't any more explaining, makes one good coaster out of the 4, but the rest of the park is incredibly themed and the water rides are awesomem.. So personally if you haven't been go for the creds and as many rides as possible on shambhala (I got 20 in a weekend), a return visit I'd rather go try other parks in Europe as I haven't really been to any, although definitely missing shambhala already!!

Khan... FORCELESS? Waaaaaaa! It's a bit rough I agree but my goodness forceless isn't something I would wager against it.

Shambhala is the best B&M hyper I have done and indeed excellent but I feel nevertheless that it is perennially overrated. People need more Intamin in their life, clearly.

:D

Most rides in the UK I find to be overrated. Nemesis for example, yeah it's good but it's not the best. Same with the smiler and Colossus. This is why I haven't visited Europa or porta aventura as I get the impression that they are also overrated. I doubt shambhala can be that much better than nitro or come close to millennium force. Correct me if I am wrong but at the moment I'm struggling to justify a trip there.

I think this is the thing with rides, people like some rides more than others because everyone has different opinions on what is good. Lots of rides suffer from "omg that ride is amazing best thing ever" then you ride it and it's Oh. That's why I never try and hype rides up, I just go with an open mind. If you go thinking it'll suck you'll expect that and find all the bad things or be pleasantly surprised.

Personally, I've never understood the obsession with hyper coasters. They just go up and down a lot (very general public view that) but I've never done one so I don't comment.

For me, I love Kumba and Dragon Khan looks like that in ways so for me I'm looking forward to that the day I go out there.

Most rides in the UK I find to be overrated. Nemesis for example, yeah it's good but it's not the best. Same with the smiler and Colossus. This is why I haven't visited Europa or porta aventura as I get the impression that they are also overrated. I doubt shambhala can be that much better than nitro or come close to millennium force. Correct me if I am wrong but at the moment I'm struggling to justify a trip there.

>Accuses rides of being over-rated

>Rates Millenium Force(less)

Shambhala may be overrated, but it's way better than both Nitro and Millennium Forceless

Just to clarify, the park operations were absolutely atrocious. One trains on Shambhala, DK and Stampida. What was intended to be a quiet day caused unnecessary queues, although the queue jumping - which is as bad as everyone makes out - was awful. I did say to one group of brats jumping over, but alas my spanish is non existent and they did not see anything wrong with what they were doing - sigh.

I liked hyper coasters initially, with Silver Star being my first but it's not as highly rated as I was expecting it to be. Shambhala truly was on another level.

DK, I enjoyed but don't rate that highly. It was fun, the layouts good, but there are better coasters out there, but I guess I prefer other coasters to sit downs.

As for this controversial Baco opinion, I was sat right side maybe about 5th row. Just to clarify, I don't even think its that great of a ride, I just did not experience this rattle/roughness that a lot of people claim to have. The turnaround is good - although, SWARM's way superior, but I don't rate it that highly either. It's just too short given the snooze fest of the majority of layout.

Huracan Condor was truly something standing up with no floor, height definitely does not mean everything but christ was that thing intimidating.

In comparison to other European parks, especially given I've seemingly hit a nerve with certain members simply because my opinion isn't the same as theirs (thanks for the 1000 warning points by the way ;)), PA has some gems, but overall, many underlying issues and given the opportunity I'd always pick Europa over it. Shambhala or not.

T4p/tl;dr - these opinions are my own, I love Shambhala, bacos okay, PR has issues, Europa rules all

The only hyper coaster ive done so far is The Big One (does that even count), which has an amazing first drop but the rest is rather force less and you only get 'some' airtime if you're towards the back.

I'm still yet to do POrt Aventura currently, but Shambhala looks a fantastic ride (Khan looks decent too), though Baco, Diablo & Stampida sound rather concerning).

The park is currently at number Six of places to visit behind Europa, DLP, Efteling, Liseberg & Phantasia and probably won't be done until midway next year due to graduating & Ferrari land.