Port Aventura

Con

For me personally, shambhala is my favourite rollercoaster I have ever been on. It was pure heaven every time and even though I rode it 20 times, I still want to go back and ride it again.

Obviously everyone has a different opinion, so shambhala may not live up to the way it has been rated in some people's opinion. It's similar to how I found nemesis at alton towers pretty meh after expecting it to be the best rollercoaster in the UK after the hype; I personally find nemesis inferno far superior.

I don't think shambhala alone is enough to draw a guest to experience Portaventura, however I think the park as a whole is truly magical as it includes fantastic rides, shows and entertainment to provide an immersive, well themed and fun day out.

I would not call swarm unique or unpredictable. Nor would I call saw or the vampire those things either. I would also put air, thirteen, oblivion in that list but they were world firsts. Don't get me wrong, John was good but just because he designed it doesn't mean it will be amazing.  Personally I'm more a Werner Stengel fan as nearly all of my top 10 favourite rides were his. 

I think this is the thing with rides, people like some rides more than others because everyone has different opinions on what is good. Lots of rides suffer from "omg that ride is amazing best thing ever" then you ride it and it's Oh. That's why I never try and hype rides up, I just go with an open mind. If you go thinking it'll suck you'll expect that and find all the bad things or be pleasantly surprised.

Personally, I've never understood the obsession with hyper coasters. They just go up and down a lot (very general public view that) but I've never done one so I don't comment.

For me, I love Kumba and Dragon Khan looks like that in ways so for me I'm looking forward to that the day I go out there.

That was exactly what I though about these rides, like what's the point in not adding a couple of inversions, looks so boring.... then I went on Shambhala, needless to say, I pray that the UK get's one soon!!  ^_^

I did ride Kumba, but back in 2005 when I was 11 so struggling to remember but it does look an awesome ride... and well so did dragon khan, but I was so disappointed by it, to the extent I wasn't fussed if I didn't ride it again!  :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Try it in an outer seat on the back row Ryan, if you haven't already...!

:bad:

somehow I found row 3 to be the worst... rode it like 5 times and twice on row 3 which seemed to be the worst, even compared to the back, had one really enjoyable ride though and it was awesome as I could actually enjoy it, front row on the inside, while EC! on the outside found it to be bad though... seriously such a shame most people are affected by the vibrations; although I'd argue it's more of a ride problem than a person problem  ;)