Port Aventura

Con

9 minutes ago, MilesK said:

So it's a park being built by Portadventura that is located right next to Portadventura that is completely separate to Portadventura. Surely it would make more sense to include it in the entrance fee. Yes I do understand it is to earn more money, but they could just raise the already existing parks entrance fee?

EDIT: Thought about this some more and remembered Disney Wordl/Universal etc. I understand why this has been done :)

Yeah... They will probably start selling one day two park tickets but the option to just go to Launch Coaster Land if you wanted.

I understand it's a separately ticketed Park but no one is going to visit just to do Ferrari Land and not visit Portaventura park.

Once they have enough stuff to warrant being a destination in itself and a full/multi day park experience then I feel its existence will be justified but with just three rides it will only be something to pop into on the afternoon of a PA visit.

EDIT - Although saying this I paid extra to go in the waterpark this morning (in a way a second gate park) and left by 2 feeling content so to be honest I'm not sure what I'm arguing anymore [emoji12]

On 16 June 2016 at 8:21 AM, Equoaster said:

What I'm annoyed about is the original images they showed, compared to the actual ride.

This was on their twitter

ClJ7qoXXEAQMvNk.jpg-large.jpeg

Concept art is simply that, a concept.  Even that seems to change :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to the park all of last week. Wonderful rides, very nice looking and the absolute worst operations ive seen. Oh and all the food was pretty poor. Overall I can't say I'm a fan of the park.

As for Ferrari land I don't really get it, Baco offers a good launch and Huracan offers a good drop tower so the entire new investment seems odd to me but will no doubt be popular. 

1 hour ago, Mattgwise said:

I had a nice looking burger and chips at the old steakhouse fast food outlet in the western area a couple of years ago. The nice looking burger turned out to be a very rubbery disgusting tasting burger so I would agree food is poor. Although I did only try this one place to be fair.

Wow, at least the Burger Kitchen restaurants are generous enough to let you know the burgers are gonna be rubbish when they hand you your grey burgers!

Not the Iron Horse by any means. Microwaved from frozen is the quality there and pretty poor service as well.

One member of the group was a fussy eater so unfortunately didn't get to try the Mexican area. 

My issue with the operations were the crazy number of express passes making Merlin's fastrack seem generous and the very slow loading. Was taking about 1 minute 30 to send a train on shambhala. There was also an incident my group encountered with shambhala. The person I was riding with was too large even though they fitted the test seat (what's the point in having it if it doesn't relate to anything). They tried no effort to push the bar down and made me get off as well as they found 2 people to take our seats. Quite safe to say I was furious after waiting an hour for nothing. In fact so angry someone else in my group had to explain to guest services in the fear I would get myself thrown out.

That incident is probably why I rate PA so low as I guess I have a rather distorted view on the place.

7 hours ago, Project LC said:

My issue with the operations were the crazy number of express passes making Merlin's fastrack seem generous and the very slow loading. Was taking about 1 minute 30 to send a train on shambhala. There was also an incident my group encountered with shambhala. The person I was riding with was too large even though they fitted the test seat (what's the point in having it if it doesn't relate to anything). They tried no effort to push the bar down and made me get off as well as they found 2 people to take our seats. Quite safe to say I was furious after waiting an hour for nothing. In fact so angry someone else in my group had to explain to guest services in the fear I would get myself thrown out.

That incident is probably why I rate PA so low as I guess I have a rather distorted view on the place.

1 minute 30? Sounds like they've considerably improved - ive literally sat on the train for 3-4 mins before they sent it out - and that was each and every train not just a one off. I wouldnt visit without buying express personally.

Some of the things I've heard about operations here are terrible to the degree that even on a weekday express is a neccesity. Especially hearing of the ratios of paid queue jumpers to standby queue and that it can take upto 5 minutes for a train to dispatch on a busy time that isn't even full. 

Seems to to make Chessington look like Europa park.

I'd say the ratios of express passes was about 50-75% with the odd train being 100%. There was no point in running 3 trains as the 3rd was back on the break run by the time the 1st train was sent on shambhala and dragon Khan on most occasions. The only ride being sent in reasonable times was baco.

Thanks to the visit though I'm able to see more things Thorpe is doing right. So one positive to take away from it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30 August 2016 at 11:40 PM, Project LC said:

I have been to PA once, nearly a decade ago and it was really not great. I think I managed three rides? Including Dragon K obviously. I was in a massive school group with 6 teachers, waiting outside a group ticket box for two hours because they couldn't find our group booking. Two hours. I wanted to cry, I was 12 and obsessed with roller coasters which I couldn't get to because of this woman who couldn't find our booking. I think our teachers had to pay for us to get in and then they complained afterwards and were reimbursed once they found the booking over the phone. Oops.

The two times I've been to PA, I got fastpasses both times so I didn't really pay attention to the operations as I was beating the queues anyway. I didn't have much of a problem with the food either.

The only issues I remember was having one member of staff at the photobooth on Shambhala and being misguided with how out tickets were to be redeemed.

• 2 weeks later...