Port Aventura

Con

11 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

It seems like I'll be off to PA this year due to cheap flights.

For those who have experienced Ferrari land, how good is Red Force and Ferrari land in general?

Honestly though even if Ferrari Land is shi** Shambhala is worth the horrible staff and expenses.

I also would be lying if I said I haven't missed Baco :wub:

I'm so sorry. 

10 hours ago, TPC said:

Tip of the day. Don't let a worldwide theme park vlogger overhype you about PA, especially for shambahla.

I've thankfully got enough experience to know it should be great, it probably won't be top 10.

As for the park I'm going in with very low expectations, years of reading how bad it is, coupled with a Madrid trip last year, has made me very aware of what could transpire.

It is astounding just how little the resort actually has to do to improve things.

Improve park operations, staff training, customer service, limit Express Pass, find a better food supplier and give Stampida Millenium Flyer trains.

That alone would already make the resort a noticeably better  and pleasant place. Ferrari needs sorting too, a proper dark ride and sorting El Diablo would be nice, but one thing at a time. 

Despite being home to my current number 3 coaster, I am in no rush to return to P.A. 

They need to do way more than a new food supplier. They need to hire actual chefs that care that don't microwave everything. I'm convinced Gordon Ramsay could do an entire kitchen nightmares series at just different food outlets in the park.

The park is just all round dreadful. Shambhala is the only good thing there but that is ruined by the morons operating the ride.

48 minutes ago, Project LC said:

They need to do way more than a new food supplier. They need to hire actual chefs that care that don't microwave everything. I'm convinced Gordon Ramsay could do an entire kitchen nightmares series at just different food outlets in the park.

The park is just all round dreadful. Shambhala is the only good thing there but that is ruined by the morons operating the ride.

Irony being that Shambhala is probably the best operated ride in the park (to be fair to them, Shambhala isn't operated that badly platforming wise, it's the Fastrack balance)...

3 hours ago, Timber Creek said:

It is astounding just how little the resort actually has to do to improve things.

Improve park operations, staff training, customer service, limit Express Pass, find a better food supplier and give Stampida Millenium Flyer trains.

That alone would already make the resort a noticeably better  and pleasant place. Ferrari needs sorting too, a proper dark ride and sorting El Diablo would be nice, but one thing at a time. 

Despite being home to my current number 3 coaster, I am in no rush to return to P.A. 

So quite a lot then.

Shambahla is still really poorly operated, which is why I used single rider for all the rides I did on it. Shambahla disappointed me because it just isn't the great coaster everybody makes it out to be. Yes, the tiny airtime hill to the splashdown work really well, both for forces and theming but the rest is quite forgettable.

I think with Shambhala it is all about the floater air.

B&M Hyper's I think usually are all about the large air-time hills and graceful moments of floater.

Shambhala does this amazingly, I remember on my last ride I got bundles of floater air on pretty much every hill.

Anyway it is quite a shame about the park's operations.

I think the park's host of shows and the fireworks+ the theming could make the park a really great park but the mixture of the Spanish and the actually worse than Merlin operations do hold it back from being a actually good park.

Shambahla was my first B&M Hyper and it blew me away. It's not without it's flaws though, the weird seating arrangement, and the really tight clamshells kill it for me. I'm tall and big but Shambahla is the only coaster I've done the 'walk of shame' from. No big seats like Silver Star, Mako ones don't need to be pulled down as tightly.

Dragon Khan is rough bit amazing.

I really enjoy Stampida (sue me!)

The rest of the park is a bit meh really. Never experienced bad operations myself but I've only been on quieter days.

• 1 month later...

Came back today, and oh my do I have tons to say..

So, Ferrari Land.

Flying Dreams overall impressed me (sue me), Racing Legends is okay, and the towers are average.

I really enjoyed Red Force, basically Stealth but better in every way.

Operations wise- this is the worst year I have seen at PA..

I have been visiting PA for ages now (this is like my 8th visit) and I have never had issues with my head injury stopping me from riding rides anywhere, but this visit marked the first time and holy crap was it terrible.

My doctor has told me in bold writing that my head scar and condition does not affect my ability to ride roller coasters, this is the first park where I have been turned away as a ride operator made a baseless decision of a 2 second glance.

Due to this (I spent hours on hours explaining crap at guest services) I gave on up Baco and Khan in the end as the ride operators despite the backup of Guest Services wouldn't listen whatsoever.

Despite this I got 3 rides on Red Force in one day- it really seemed to depend on the ride and who was operating it, I managed to sneak on to Shambhala twice though luckily (despite being turned away 2 times)

Due to my frustration with the park, I finally decided to conquer my fear of Hurakan Condor (as the operators at Khan/Shammy/ Baco were pri**s). Overall I really enjoyed Condor (though tbh the drop really isn't as bad as it looks).

So yeah, after spending most of my two days in a tennis match with the Spanish at Guest Services, I think PA is completely a non return until they add something me worth me giving a damn about.

The operations as always were also dire, 5 groups of 20 stacking in the second pre-show for Flying Dreams wasn't fun..

On 3/5/2018 at 4:54 AM, Mark9 said:

I'm so sorry. 

I survived, though I really should of listened to that warning.

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, TPJames said:

Does anyone know which rides/attractions are available for the Christmas event in both the main PortAventura Park and also in Ferrari Land? Thinking about visiting early January as have heard queues during winter season aren't too bad there.

Given that it's Spain I do believe all attractions are available, though I'm sure the website must have a "closed for maintenance" page...

Though PA would probably just shrug their shoulders and not bother about that...

On 12/1/2019 at 9:04 AM, Benin said:

Given that it's Spain I do believe all attractions are available, though I'm sure the website must have a "closed for maintenance" page...

Though PA would probably just shrug their shoulders and not bother about that...

The website is pretty confusing so that’s why I wanted to double check, but from what I can see on the website all the coasters, hurakan and street mission are all open as well as the whole of Ferrari world. I haven’t quite decided if I’m going to go this Christmas or save it til next year though as I’m doing Phantasialand already this christmas :)

• 2 years later...

PortAventura has announced the construction of a €5m solar farm that will provide a third of the park’s power supply: https://inews.co.uk/news/world/portaventura-solar-powered-theme-park-tourism-energy-crisis-1820391

This has already won planning permission, and it will be up and running by Christmas 2022.

Isn’t this a good idea for sustainability? It should also help the resort be less impacted by the energy crisis, which is never a bad thing!

• 6 months later...