Port Aventura

Con

PortaVentura is a Theme Park based very similar to Alton Towers but with the rides of Thorpe Park (not exactly). First of all is Dragon Khan, a 7 looping rollercoaster that was similar to Colosus but very intense. Then my favourite ride was Hurukan Condor the exact same as Detonator but 300ft tall (that's taller than Stealth) and it also has a ride photo just as it realeases you from the top. I stayed at The Hotel PortaVentura but there were two other hotels except my Hotel was the only one with direct entrance into the park. The park also had a double wooden rollercoaster what was called Stampida (Stampede) which was themed to be a wagon race. For anyone who goes make sure you try both because they are different in there own ways (but blue always won). Tutuki Splash was a mini Tidal wave with a much smaller splah but still get ready to get wet. And it did proove to seem less busy than the log flume, what was mcuh better and wetter than any of the english log flumes. The Grand Canyon River Rapids may have shared its name with Alton Towers rapids but again it was much better than all british stanard. The park does have Characters walking about for the little ones. But the evening finale was fantastic with a boat parade, fireworks and foutain show all rolled into one. We stayed for 3 days and were given unlimted fast-pass after 9pm every evening what prooved to be brilliantly useful. Suggest it to your parents as your next holiday and you may be able to visit Barcelona during your holiday (like we did). ITS FANTASTIC.I'd love to hear remarks of peeps who have gone

Sorry to moan but for a start, Alton Towers is not very similar to PortAventura. Dragon Khan is not a 7 looping Rollercoaster, it has 7 inversions. Hurakan Condor is completely different to Detonator, as it is made by Intamin and has titling seats. I went in 2005 to PortAventura, and I had a really good time. My favourite ride there was Templo del Fuego. :unsure:

Sorry to moan but for a start, Alton Towers is not very similar to  PortAventura. Dragon Khan is not a 7 looping Rollercoaster, it has 7 inversions. Hurakan Condor is completely different to Detonator, as it is made by Intamin and has titling seats. I went in 2005 to PortAventura, and I had a really good time. My favourite ride there was Templo del Fuego. :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To Mr Anorak,I thought the park was similar to Alton Towers because it had Hotels, a theme Park and a water park. I know that Dragon Kahn had 7 inversions but in the parks and on the websites it does say 7 loop-the-loops.P.S. Templo Del Fuego was brilliant but the wait was too long.

I thought the place was pretty bleh to be honest, it is nothing like Alton, which I personally love. On the day of my visit the place was full of big groups of loud, queue jumping, obnoxious Spanish gits, which kinda spoilt it a bit.Stampidia was good, only tried on train I think, Blue. Might have done both, can't remember! The Log Flume was indeed excellent, not much in the way of theming or anything, just very wet.As for Hurakan Condor, I didn't think much of it really, much prefer Drayton Manor's only redeeming feature - Apocolypse. Hurakan Condor is badly organised, with no choice of which side you sit, the extra height adds little to the ride, and it tries to kill you half way down.

• 3 months later...

I'm sure you have all read the Stealth thread and may know by now that stealth is loosing its Europe speed record. Well the ride they are losing it to is coming to PortaVentura. It will be called Furious Baco and is only beating stealths record by 3mph! -_-. Has anyone apart from me seen the train design for it? It basically looks like a 4-D coasters train except the seats wont spin -_-. As a side note, itl have blue track. I saw an animation on this website(which is also my homepage!(Not sure why....)). Do the click thing hereSorry I couldnt get it to the exact page. You need to go to the forums, click todays post and select Furious Baco at PortaVen blah blah blah. Its on page 3 some were. youll find it eventually

I'm looking forward to this coaster. I love rides that have bizzare themes, they usually seem to work well. And also, it's an example of a ride not taking themselves too seriously- which is just such a refreshing style to portray.

First of all is Dragon Khan, a 7 looping rollercoaster that was similar to Colosus but very intense.

Dragon Khan is not a 7 looping Rollercoaster, it has 7 inversions.

Sorry to bring an old post up, but I just read it, and it's annoying me. Dragon Khan has 8 inversions.It held the inversion record amongst other coasters, before Colossus was magiqued out of the Tussauds' wands.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I went there this summer. Some of the rides were awesome but they cheated us with our money. They ripped us off to tbh, they charged up nearly double the ticket price and they refused to let my dad speak to the manger. My dad blew a Gasket (sp?) The manger appeared 2 hours later and my dad threatened legal action and news papers because they said we where mistaken. lol....in the end we got 20% off everything (but shopping)Apart than that it was awesome but if you plan to go just make sure you check how much they've charged you ;)

• 1 year later...

We visited in 2007 and really loved the park. My favourite rides were Furius Baco which is a fantastic coaster, a bit short, but a great experience, and also Hurakan Condor, I thought this was amazing the stand up flooless side is insane at 320ft in the air. The rest of the park is really good, Dragon Khan is another amazing coaster, very intense, and the themeing throughout the park is top notch.The only downside to PortAventura for me is the Spanish, a lot of them tend to be rude, noisy and have no idea how to queue. Also the queue lines are very tight and the spanish don't seem to know about personal space, so at times they are more or less all over you in the queues. Admittedly we went in the height of summer so it was probably the worst time to go for that sort of thing, but the park itself is definitely worth a visit.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

^Quite simply, hit up Baco or Khan first... Baco is right at the front of the park whilst Khan is at the back, so it's entirely your decision there...Aside from that, there's not a lot else to suggest aside from the usual things... Dunno if they do Fast-track or similar personally, so might be worth investigating... I haven't been for 7 odd years so things could be completely different...I would also suggest you don't miss Templo del Fuego... Apparently it's epic; also be prepared for Stampida to be rough, not get a choice in seating/standing on Hurakan Condor, and for El Diablo to be boring...Take it quite a few of the shows as well, pretty decent...

• 3 months later...

356 tickets usually do good dealsBut I would book in advance if I were you, don't buy from ebay though, I personally dont mind buying tickets from the site but port aventura check both your ticket signature and your passport signature, we got caught out with that last year, luckily the signatures matched ours!