Port Aventura

Con

I got that point what I'm trying to say is that, it doesn't deserve that moniker when there are much worse rides out there, like space mountain, I hate it with a passion, but that is really with most sit down vekoma's, you like it, I'm sure benin will agree its not the worst but it is a very, very crappy ride bar launch.

I got that point what I'm trying to say is that, it doesn't deserve that moniker when there are much worse rides out there, like space mountain, I hate it with a passion, but that is really with most sit down vekoma's, you like it, I'm sure benin will agree its not the worst but it is a very, very crappy ride bar launch.

Space Mountain is rough, but it's no Baco... At least Space Mountain can potentially be fixed by getting the new Vekoma trains, is relatively well-themed (it WAS so much better before the Mission 2 crap), and isn't constant pain-inducing...

Baco is THE worst ride I've been on, Bakken's Tornado a close second... In truth, they are equally as bad as each other, but one has to win (or lose depending on how you would receive the worst ride award)...

I rode both twice (not a few times, myself and Mark refused to even with no queues), Baco to get an inside seat after the initial outside seat ride (and use our front row Fastrack thing, upon which it promptly broke down), but for both to see if they were as bad as the initial ride made out... Multiple rides are sometimes needed to double check opinions, and I do so when I can (didn't for Sequioa Adventure and Mean Streak because queues would have been involved, and I have better things to do than queue for god-awful rides)...

My next visit to PA will involve me staying as close to the B&Ms as possible, and only going near Baco to walk past it...

Tornado would be a good ride if it didn't launch I reckon, but Intamin thought otherwise... Both rides are evident of Intamin's poor design process in recent years (see also, retracking a year old ride), which is why we'll never see another version of either built again (Skyrush being an evolution of Baco because it's THAT bad)... And clearly the majority agree it's rubbish, otherwise why else is it the only one in the world?

Space Mountain is rough, but it's no Baco... At least Space Mountain can potentially be fixed by getting the new Vekoma trains, is relatively well-themed (it WAS so much better before the Mission 2 crap), and isn't constant pain-inducing...

Baco is THE worst ride I've been on, Bakken's Tornado a close second... In truth, they are equally as bad as each other, but one has to win (or lose depending on how you would receive the worst ride award)...

I rode both twice (not a few times, myself and Mark refused to even with no queues), Baco to get an inside seat after the initial outside seat ride (and use our front row Fastrack thing, upon which it promptly broke down), but for both to see if they were as bad as the initial ride made out... Multiple rides are sometimes needed to double check opinions, and I do so when I can (didn't for Sequioa Adventure and Mean Streak because queues would have been involved, and I have better things to do than queue for god-awful rides)...

My next visit to PA will involve me staying as close to the B&Ms as possible, and only going near Baco to walk past it...

Tornado would be a good ride if it didn't launch I reckon, but Intamin thought otherwise... Both rides are evident of Intamin's poor design process in recent years (see also, retracking a year old ride), which is why we'll never see another version of either built again (Skyrush being an evolution of Baco because it's THAT bad)... And clearly the majority agree it's rubbish, otherwise why else is it the only one in the world?

I do agree with that, and the general consensus of skyrush is most like it so thats progress, I suppose everyone saw the B&M product and thought that was a better model, although they will eventually die out like stand ups.

Will they though?

Stand-ups are a different thing I'd say, as none of them are particularly good and I'd say the fad died away more because of rider discomfort over anything...

Rider discomfort on a B&M Wing-Rider is something that later variants should remove as that's an issue with the vest design, in the same way that later Maurer Sohne lapbars aren't as bad as G-Force's clamp and die routine...

• 2 weeks later...

So, it wins the award for "Strangest addition to a park as it already has similar rides" for 2016 already...

thumb_75554_iconview1.jpg

As the artwork shows, the launched coaster will have drop towers on it... Clearly Hurakan Condor wasn't doing anything for them either...

How weird...

tbh Liseberg has 3 tower rides and 2 launchers so yeah but yes it is very odd, think they only went with a launch cos it is ferrari, atleast that wont vibrate your skull to death!

I had to look this up, imagine my surprise when greeted by the Intamin Gyro Tower and 2 S&S towers in completely separate locations...

Those crazy Swedes...

I had to look this up, imagine my surprise when greeted by the Intamin Gyro Tower and 2 S&S towers in completely separate locations...

Those crazy Swedes...

:P but yeah seeming that the one on the launch ride and Huracan condor do the exact same thing it's abit stupid.

I got a feeling it may be a seperate park within the resort... so The main park, waterpark and now ferarri land.

I've never been to Port Av but this seems like a very strange decision to me.

Will they be going for world's tallest? (Coaster)

And I think it read somewhere about tallest and fastest launch coaster in europe, so technically it could only be 210ft as that's higher than stealth which I believe is currently the tallest launch coaster in europe? either way I can't see it being higher than Shambalha (or however you spell it aha!)

• 1 month later...

I need to ask I have booked to do Port Aventura in October, and I have booked one of the onsite hotels, (hotel PortAventura). Is there an ERT for hotel guests akin to Alton Towers and if so what rides do they open?? Would be a great help thanks :D