Port Aventura

Con

PortAventura World? That'll take a bit of getting used to, but I guess it makes sense now with there being a 2nd gate opening next year.

Ferrari World looks decent. Like the look of the Vibrant thrilling rides alongside the characteristic entrance way which I'm glad they used a style similar to the main park.

With the massive launch coaster, it make me question how long Baco has left especially with the problems it's been having lately.

Why was the airtime hill on the Intamin accelerator taken out (comparing to original footage)?

I know this will be big for Europe as it will be the only operating roller coaster over 100mph in Europe and the first roller coaster to pass 300ft in Europe but it's clear they copied Kingda Ka and made it inferior, luckily not to the extent of Thorpe Park with Stealth (which seemed to have copied Kingda Ka and copy Xcelerator taking away the second best parts, nevertheless it's still a great ride).

• 2 weeks later...

1. Why does stealth have minimal supports when ka, TTD, Xcelerator and this all have large frames? Height is a likely reason but I still don't know why Xcelerator has different supports to Stealth.

2. Does this coaster have a name or is just known as Ferrari land coaster?

3. Is it taller than TTD AT CP?

Stealth is meant to be unimposing. So it has a very open support structure and white track to blend in better with the sky. It was done to make getting planning permission for it easier, and clearly it worked. 

Whatever it is, if the train doesn't have a roof it should be called "....... Spyder" to show it is roofless :)

It's meant to be in the region of 300ft?

1) I'd assume height is one reason. Also, since Thorpe have the tighter height restrictions, they probably worked closely with Intamin to make there be a minimal number of high-level supports, and to make the lower level ones as 'strong' as possible.

2) The name is unknown at the moment.

3) This is just under 370ft; so a good 50ft shorter than TTD.

:)

This must be a catapult. Lsm is not capable of launching a train to that speed in that distance without crazy amount of energy.

I feel this is lacking an airtime hill because of space. When designing kingda ka they had great difficulty getting the hill correct. The hill for this would have most likely needed a longer run or a shorter drop.

Having been on TTD and kingda ka the airtime hill adds very little to the ride. I think it also leads to a more uncomfortable ride due to the added stress on the wheels.

This coaster is giving an impression that Europe just copies and inferiorises coasters from the US.

In fairness, this largely isn't the case.  Europe have some great and unique rides; there's only one flying coaster for example, a variety of smaller dive machines which are based more around theme, the Mack launch coasters in Blue Fire and Helix, some fab woodies, etc.  There's only a select few examples where it feels like Europe has inferior copies of US coasters (and these sorts of coasters are one of them).

I guess you could argue if you were to directly compare the two, not taking into account history and what not, Europe has 'smaller' versions of what the US has, but of course, size isn't everything.