Port Aventura

Con

I'm sure its more the picture than the track - and if it is I doubt it will open like that! 

I thought that too (especially in the first one), but I just don't think the picture could be that badly compressed / taken from a bad angle to make the track look that bad.  And the second photo shows the track not looking that straight either!

Even if they correct it though, it still seems really uncomfortable - you come down a 300ft+ tower, travel along a straight bit before going up a comparatively small hill and hitting brakes.  Sounds like a recipe for pain to me!

• 2 weeks later...

Even stuff like this?

cover4-8-500x667.jpg

It could be great for all we know! Writers don't have to be good at art you know.

On a side note, why are we complaining about the bump? We don't come off Stealth and go wow the bump was the best bit. We ride these rides for the initial acceleration and the view from the top.

The launch system appears to be LSM.

I would imagine advancements in technology mean the capabilities of this setup are now greater than in previous installations.

th720_146e008c18caf49af4ca6a946bfabac6.j

th720_9fd5adf2bb6416befce1dd3617d60155.J

Pics: (http://en.pa-community.com)

NOOOOO!!!

They take away the recognisable features of this ride: the hydraulic launch and the normal track (I know it may be smoother but it doesn't look good on this ride).

Baco save me!!!! :help: