Port Aventura

Con

NOOOOO!!!

They take away the recognisable features of this ride: the hydraulic launch and the normal track (I know it may be smoother but it doesn't look good on this ride).

Baco save me!!!! :help:

Do you really value looks over smoothness and general ride enjoyment? I agree that this track is uglier but if it is smoother and currently favoured by Intamin then why not use it?

Do you really value looks over smoothness and general ride enjoyment? I agree that this track is uglier but if it is smoother and currently favoured by Intamin then why not use it?

This track doesn't look terribly smooth anyway, have you seen some of the images posted on this topic?

It looks like quite a bumpy straight section.

• 3 weeks later...

LSMs are a much more efficient method of launching on an energy expenditure level...

Besides, doesn't do iSpeed any harm having a magnetic launch, or any other coaster that has them either... They're just as fab an experience...

To be fair here, iSpeed is a lot more then just a top hat and a dodgy break run. When all you have going for you is height and speed, it's a bit odd of a decision to have your idiotic barrel monkey rollercoaster launch faster then your new mini-parks icon rollercoaster.

I love that pic of the wobbly track. Makes me think the owners of PortAventura threw as little money as possible at Intamin. Would explain why Baco is so awful.

To be fair here, iSpeed is a lot more then just a top hat and a dodgy break run. When all you have going for you is height and speed, it's a bit odd of a decision to have your idiotic barrel monkey rollercoaster launch faster then your new mini-parks icon rollercoaster.

I love that pic of the wobbly track. Makes me think the owners of PortAventura threw as little money as possible at Intamin. Would explain why Baco is so awful.

This post made me sad, poor Baco :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

209cf5357396c6b53d4692c0aa33dfc8.jpg

At PA today and the new coaster really doesn't look like a good addition.

Wherever you view it in the park it clashes really badly, the colour scheme is awful, the support structure looks awful, the Ferrari emblem looks awful and the new gen Intamin track looks awful.

I'm sure it will ride well but for an Intamin rocket TTD is better than it in every conceivable way and it was built well over ten years ago rendering PA's effort pointless.

Ferrari is a terrible IP for a theme park too, I bet the new area will look like a walk through advert as opposed to an immersive themed experience.

Rant aside I'm having an awesome time in this amazing park. Off for some more Shammy rerides now, TR to follow [emoji2]

I think it's mainly the angle, the structure goes quite far back behind the track so it looks a bit squiffy if not viewed straight on

cec207aab2792265cba004d7e7fcd03a.jpg

Got a sneaky picture through the construction walls, this building looks around where the station of the coaster would be and looks pleasant enough

Elsewhere there's a restaurant in the Far West area called The Iron Horse, hopefully a cheeky hint at Stampida's future [emoji6]

1 hour ago, ben199 said:

Ferrari is a terrible IP for a theme park too, I bet the new area will look like a walk through advert as opposed to an immersive themed experience.

I disagree, Ferrari World in Dubai looks really good, Suits the theme really well.

The problem with Ferrari Land is it's literally that ride, a drop tower and a go kart track and that's about it!

Ferrari World has the worlds fastest rollercoaster, Tyre themed tea cups, A Simulator / 4D ride, lots of stuff. Difference between a land and a world ;) 

I think it does work well as a stand alone attraction as people in Dubai aren't expecting a full theme park experience (believe me I want to go there so bad!) but it seems forced and unnatural at PA (Polynesia, Mediterrania, Ferrari, Far West just doesn't flow)

If they can develop Ferrari Land so it's a full day park by itself then that's OK as it will be a separate entity and not feel like a continuation of the PA park

I didn't know it was possible for a ride to look as out of place as Storm Surge... It really sticks out like a sore thumb.

I also really don't think this is the right coaster for this park. This park is heavily themed and intracitely designed - this roller coaster seems the opposite (obviously it's hard to add theming to a coaster as tall and short as this). 

I feel like a really impressively tall  B&M flyer with a theme that is more theatrical and imaginative than ferrari, would suit this park perfectly.

I still don't understand the point of this ride. It's acceleration won't be very good the top speed isn't very impressive and its height is a tad underwhelming. I have faith it will be popular for the park and offer a decent experience but I can't hep feeling it will be a bit of a let down.

It also doesn't belong in a park which already has a very fast launch coaster and a coaster with a really tall drop. When seeing the park from a distance coming in on the train this morning Shambhala dominated the skyline way more than the launch coaster

4 hours ago, Project LC said:

I still don't understand the point of this ride. It's acceleration won't be very good the top speed isn't very impressive and its height is a tad underwhelming. I have faith it will be popular for the park and offer a decent experience but I can't hep feeling it will be a bit of a let down.

but isn't this Europe's tallest and fastest coaster?

It does look pretty ugly though, surely they could've gone with better colours and a more simple support structure similar to Stealth?? :wacko:

The support structure is the most efficient they can get. Stealth style wouldn't work as the stress and strain on the track would be too large. 

It is Europe's tallest and fastest but why is that what they want. Coasters should push the edges of fun and some coaster that is just a smaller version of an American coaster isn't something I think PA should be doing.

What I'm annoyed about is the original images they showed, compared to the actual ride.

For example, I don't many of us thought this was ugly:

image.png

Then they show us the actual ride:

image.jpeg

My problem is that PortAventura overpromised (from my point of view) with this ride.

I was expecting like everyone else here the ride to look like the original image with its nice colour scheme, brilliant aesthetics and the airtime hill.

If they had the actual ride in the original images, I wouldn't be so dissapointed.

11 hours ago, ben199 said:

It also doesn't belong in a park which already has a very fast launch coaster and a coaster with a really tall drop. When seeing the park from a distance coming in on the train this morning Shambhala dominated the skyline way more than the launch coaster

It doesn't belong in a park which already has a very fast launch coaster and a coaster with a really tall drop... 

Separate park, separate entrance ticket... As much as its being build by Portaventura, It's not Portaventura. Very important thing to remember.

So it's a park being built by Portadventura that is located right next to Portadventura that is completely separate to Portadventura. Surely it would make more sense to include it in the entrance fee. Yes I do understand it is to earn more money, but they could just raise the already existing parks entrance fee?

EDIT: Thought about this some more and remembered Disney Wordl/Universal etc. I understand why this has been done :)