Port Aventura

Con

Going by Stealth at Thorpe, this ride will be able to run two trains at once. However unfortunately this ride isn't stealth and it isn't at Thorpe, and hearing about PA's operations of late is not a good thing. 

If Stealth's throughput is approximately 900-1000 PPH on two trains of 20 riders, then this will have considerably lower throughput. This may be in the region of 550-650 PPH on two trains, but could be even less, hearing how they like running things on just one train.

When I was there Shambhala and Dragon Khan were running 3 trains. However their operations where so poor the 3rd made no difference. On some occasions the 2nd train wouldn't have made any difference either. In theory this ride could work like TTD and run 5 trains but I seriously doubt that is going to happen. It would not surprise me to find this runs 2.

Well its pretty much confirmed that I'll be heading to PA on a school trip in May, so very excited! Id better get down to Thorpe (or Towers!) And get on a big coaster in time!

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 8:42 PM, Benin said:

Once you visit non Merlin parks of actual quality you'll understand...

Also plus 1 for not knowing about the blue peter badge thing...

I wanted to say something but thought Id better not as I wasn't on the trip yet.

1 hour ago, CharlieN said:

Wow! I'm not jealous at all. How are schools able to do that these days? 

Lol not just PA, we're heading to Barcelona for a Spanish trip, we're also going to the Nou Camp, and loads of Barcelona landmarks. We also get a 2 hour "extensive Spanish lesson" which would be fine (What else do you expect) if it wasn't straight after we get off the plane...

• 3 weeks later...

Trip Report: I've been and it was pretty good! Rather than right a huge lengthy review I've made one of my usual vlogs about the day so you can see what I saw. I'll put that at the bottom of this post.

The best part for me was that we went just at the end of peak season so the park was open until midnight. We got to ride Shambhala and Dragon Khan in the dark which was just an incredible experience, I love the drop tower as well in the end. There were longer than advertised queues earlier in the day so I think if you went at a time when the park wasn't open so late you might not have had as good an experience as we do.

We managed multiple rides on almost everything except Furious Baco and caught a couple of shows as well. I'll try and put a video of the bird show and the FiestAventura finale show as well sometime within the week.

30 minutes ago, cianjs said:

Good evening all. It's looking likely that I'll be embarking here next year! Any tips?

Get the express pass, it'll save you hours of queuing and it's much cheaper than at other parks.

Plus, DO NOT go in the single rider for Hurakan condor, you will lose the will to live (express passes don't cover HC for some reason).

10 hours ago, 'Airtime Falcon' said:

Get the express pass, it'll save you hours of queuing and it's much cheaper than at other parks.

Plus, DO NOT go in the single rider for Hurakan condor, you will lose the will to live (express passes don't cover HC for some reason).

I'd guess because of HC's throughput - which is a little strange at possibly the worse operated park ive been too! 

Still good though - great selection of rides, Express is well worth it - and dont listen to the Baco hate - Front row baco <3

• 4 weeks later...

It would make sense if they were S&S Space Shots.

• Normal drop towers would be too similar to Hurakan Condor
  • In the concept images, they are portrayed as Space Shots. And the construction shows a space shot like gondola.

image.jpeg

I hope they are space shots, because I absolutely love the launch on them and that insane weightlessness where you're literally sent 1ft off your seat (as there is a huge gap between you and the restraint).

• 3 weeks later...