Port Aventura

Con

• 3 weeks later...

Shambhala definitely looks like the best new B&M for 2012, love the way it seems to use it's height so well, and still enter the brakes with a huge amount of speed, losing NONE of it in the MCBR (which, oddly is very close to the end of the ride...), looks like a brilliant hyper coaster! :D

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QiQwcRb56Gw

Good gravy! :o Glad nobody was hurt, looks like the water levels were too high and the boats skimmed it on touchdown.

Can you imagine the uproar if that had happened over here on say, Tidal Wave.

Looked like quite a bump from the 2nd boat, I'm surprised nobody was hurt. Glad, but surprised.

Wow, that Tutuki Splash incident was certainly cause for concern! It only would have taken one loose leg to fall between the concrete and the boat when the second hit, and that could have been goodbye leg!! Jesus, thats a little worry! I hope those guests at least got complementary fastrack to ride Tutuki Splash later! :)...before anyone says anything, yes I know, obviously the ride would have been shut! Although knowing the spanish, they would have just given it a kick and it would have opened again!...I joke!

On another note, if you have not heard PA new theme song for this year, its brilliant and its played as there main song for there main show 'Music Generation' which is fantastic, and easily a predicessor to China Town! Here is the song

They also play it as one of the main songs at the end of the day parade! Overall its a great song, and really suits!

Also the Music Generation show is a complete MUST if you plan to go, I don't care if you wan't to go on another ride, you MUST go and watch the show, it really is fantastic, and its in the Gran Imperial Theatro, so you know its going to be one of the main shows, and obviously good! We saw it 3 times when I went this year! Just enjoy it, and do listen to it, especially if you plan to go!

• 2 weeks later...

Had an excellent time last week! The first 2 days we were there we brought the 51 euro express passes and that helped a hell of a lot! 40+ rides on the first day including 15 on Shambhala! Weather was perfect and saw some great shows! Shambhala was incredible, so much airtime, smooth and quiet it's just like the perfect coaster!!

I was a bit scared of the height of Hurakan Condor on the first day but was tempted on it on the second day and got standing (Just what you want on your first go!) and it was pretty good but when your dropping it just doesn't seem as forceful as Detonator!

Furius Baco was brilliant on the first go but the more you go on it the rattlier it gets and by the last go it was just too painful too ride! Which is a shame because the launch on that thing is so quick!

Anyway my best pictures can be found on my Flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stokesyboy/sets/72157630384521614/

To be honest I didn't see any queue jumping and when it did happen the Staff noticed it and were stopping them getting on the rides and sending them back round to rejoin the queue.

Queue times weren't that bad but seeing as it was a 3 day holiday we wanted to make the most of it and get on as many rides as possible in the 14 hours. Biggest queue's I saw was around 2 hours for Tutuki Splash, 1:45 for Furius Baco, 1:30 Dragon Khan, 45 Hurakan Condor, 1:45 Shambhala, and that was Wednesday - Friday.

You had an alright day then at Port Aventura! I hate Furius Baco, its soooo boring, and there is nothing too it, and the launch is not as good as Stealth in my opinion!

Condor, is not as forceful as Detonator because Det pushes you downwards whereas Condor just lets you drop!

The fastracks are getting more expensive and more popular, because of what they offer, also the Hotels have stopped offering them free for PA hotel guests!