Ghost Train - NEW for 2023

coasterverse

Random thought - the concept art shows posters "giving a nod" (a phrase you may have not heard before) to other areas in the park - some past, some present - yet elsewhere it's been pointed out that tHe ISlAND LiKE nO OtHEr is no longer referring to areas by name/area any more signpost wise etc.

Seems very Thorpe to me.

In other news that shouldn't be in this thread but is, I see Containment shipping container is gone, and Depth Charge is getting a repaint - at least, the lower part of the tower. Impressive.

On 2/22/2023 at 1:04 PM, MattyMoo said:

Random thought - the concept art shows posters "giving a nod" (a phrase you may have not heard before) to other areas in the park - some past, some present - yet elsewhere it's been pointed out that tHe ISlAND LiKE nO OtHEr is no longer referring to areas by name/area any more signpost wise etc.

Seems very Thorpe to me.

In other news that shouldn't be in this thread but is, I see Containment shipping container is gone, and Depth Charge is getting a repaint - at least, the lower part of the tower. Impressive.

HOLD THE PRESS!!!

Did you say a container was removed?

Quick, get the Thorpe marketing account to give us such an illustrious update.

WAIT - He's already done it;

6FD9CBD4-F516-4587-9DE3-031654EFB499.thumb.jpeg.5a903763f8341ee2e1dd62d5674a86de.jpeg01C6736C-8E9D-4AE0-8543-42F84801005B.thumb.jpeg.168adcd7733ecb1b4c49197aa885c269.jpeg

They’ve “weathered” the new ghost train building. 

I think out of two main options: Have it look brand new, or look like a normal Thorpe park attraction. The latter was the better option. It being brand new would have looked weird in that colour.

They’ve done such a good job on the weathering it looks normal. It does also look like they haven’t touched it for years. Done the job, but does look disgusting 

2 hours ago, ML27 said:

6FD9CBD4-F516-4587-9DE3-031654EFB499.thumb.jpeg.5a903763f8341ee2e1dd62d5674a86de.jpeg01C6736C-8E9D-4AE0-8543-42F84801005B.thumb.jpeg.168adcd7733ecb1b4c49197aa885c269.jpeg

They’ve “weathered” the new ghost train building. 

I think out of two main options: Have it look brand new, or look like a normal Thorpe park attraction. The latter was the better option. It being brand new would have looked weird in that colour.

They’ve done such a good job on the weathering it looks normal. It does also look like they haven’t touched it for years. Done the job, but does look disgusting 

I like it! I agree that having it weathered is by far the better option. If they'd have kept it looking brand spankin' new, it would look even stranger against the rest of the Victorian building. I think it looks great to be honest (in a "its an old abandoned train station" kind of way).

It looks nice in isolation in an "abandoned train station" vibe, which seems to be the theme/story.

I'm still concerned how it will look in a wider context when you look at it integrated with the brick warehouse. Whilst I understand why they're showing close ups of the work, I think it's also telling that they're not showing wider pictures.

Wish we had a proper opening date for this attraction.

I’d be excited every time I visit Thorpe if I knew. I also wish the marketing for this ride was actually there. Considering it’s meant to open in the next couple of months. There’s been no real teasers or anything.

Thorpe have said they are keeping the inside a surprise but I hope we learn a little bit more about the story before it opens.

Maybe I’m hoping for Alton manor type marketing and I know it won’t be. Maybe they are letting Alton manor have the limelight before they start advertising it

Why market it when opening isn't confirmed?

Towers didn't push their marketing for ages for Alty Mans considering when Duel closed.

Patience is a virtue. And setting expectations highly for this is probably not the way to go about it considering the ride in question. 

Because it’s teased to be opening spring 2023 fair enough if it was a late summer or later. We had little teasers for Alton Manor throughout closed season. Any major ones were in February I must admit.

Not setting high expectations, I just hope there’s a clear story which fits in with Thorpe as a whole. I’m just excited for a new ride this year, last year had new events as a reason to visit more and look forward too. Ghost train is the reason for me this year, living so close to the park I actually want new rides and attractions to experience for a park which doesn’t get very many. Hence the excitement for it.

I'm very, very sceptical for a Spring opening to be perfectly honest with you (and until we get another Silkstone or official Thorpe Park video showing the progress inside I will remain sceptical). We all know how over-ambitious parks usually are with their attraction deadlines, and if this Ghost Train retheme is even half as ambitious as they're leading on (removing the hanging carriage scene etc) then I would be massively surprised if deconstruction and reconstruction managed to only take up the winter season and a portion of opening season - I would probably say that a summer opening is much, much more likely... but I'd love to eat my hat on that one.

This isn’t related to opening, but I had a random thought about Ghost Train.

Could the ride potentially employ UV paint in some capacity? Thorpe’s teaser video potentially hinted at this, with words suddenly appearing on the side of the building when the grim reaper-type figure appeared:

And The Curse at Alton Manor’s pre-show utilises a similar effect:

Could we potentially see a similar trick employed on Ghost Train in some capacity?

Do we have anymore updates on how the park are getting on with Ghost Train? I really want to try get down to the park when it opens but I have exams in May and June and probably cannot get to thorpe in that period, does anyone think it will be open before then?

Oh, that's a shame, I have always said that spring probably means the end of May in the parks mind, but was hoping I might be able to go on it before my exams.

I guess they have only been working on the ride for about 4/5 months (I think I cant remeber when they started the work) so it's best they take their time so the attraction is the best it possibly can be.

On 3/29/2023 at 7:22 AM, Matt N said:

This isn’t related to opening, but I had a random thought about Ghost Train.

Could the ride potentially employ UV paint in some capacity? Thorpe’s teaser video potentially hinted at this, with words suddenly appearing on the side of the building when the grim reaper-type figure appeared:

And The Curse at Alton Manor’s pre-show utilises a similar effect:

Could we potentially see a similar trick employed on Ghost Train in some capacity?

Yeah I speculated something like this a while back - mostly as a joke - but after seeing The Curse, I think it is looking more and more like a plausable option.