Ghost Train - NEW for 2023

coasterverse

18 minutes ago, coasterverse said:

Will be very interesting to see how they execute this if this is actually the case. How will they explain that there's no windows? If this is the case, feels like it's going to break immersion straight away.

They could probably just say it's too foggy outside to see or something like that so the windows are black. The concept art seems like their is some kind of fog or mist so they could play on that I guess.

Sn79TxL.png

Could just be wishful thinking, but looks like you can see through the first window on the left, no? Obviously you can see the reflection of the carriage in the window, but to the veeeeeery right of the window you can see some light peeking through?

I really hope we don't just have black windows. At the very least I'd take mostly black screens with an occasional bit of fog rolling through. I just really can't see having no windows being immersive.

Loving the weathering effects in the carriage though! Almost looks like a real tube ripped from the central line 😂 but in all seriousness, it's looking ominous as all hell - loving the grim reaper figure!

I'd give anything for a behind the scenes video right about now - I'm dying to know what it looks like inside that building!!

I’m still surprised that there’s been no big show and dance about it. 

Todays post could be easily lost in peoples feeds. It’s wordy, doesn’t get to the point and doesn’t say explicitly opening from 26th. Just looks part of the story like.

The picture attached isn’t an animation or video. It’s not a big flashy graphic with a date Nor does it show the attractions logo. 

28 minutes ago, ML27 said:

I’m still surprised that there’s been no big show and dance about it. 

Todays post could be easily lost in peoples feeds. It’s wordy, doesn’t get to the point and doesn’t say explicitly opening from 26th. Just looks part of the story like.

The picture attached isn’t an animation or video. It’s not a big flashy graphic with a date Nor does it show the attractions logo. 

Especially because we had a teaser video to announce the rebrand but nothing else since. Unless they're planning on running a TV ad (which I think is highly unlikely), I think this is going to end up as a pretty lowkey thing. I bet they're not wanting to pump loads of money into advertising as they'll have to do exactly the same thing probably towards the end of this year/start of next year to advertise Exodus.

Nice to have an opening date.

I wouldn't read much into the graphic beyond the face value. We can see the train and the grim reaper, which showcases both the literal 'ghost' and 'train' aspect of the ride.

I fully expect the attraction layout will remain the same. Pre show, upstairs to the train (which I guess could be floating / hung above a graveyard), some sort of scene on the train, get off for some form of walkthrough, another scene on the train, then a possible post-ride scene to replace the fake shop.

11 minutes ago, coasterverse said:

Especially because we had a teaser video to announce the rebrand but nothing else since. Unless they're planning on running a TV ad (which I think is highly unlikely), I think this is going to end up as a pretty lowkey thing. I bet they're not wanting to pump loads of money into advertising as they'll have to do exactly the same thing probably towards the end of this year/start of next year to advertise Exodus.

All a bit of a shame really, I personally don’t want a ride with a short life span. This all has the signs of being.

Jack has posted the above video, it doesn’t really tell us much more than we already know.

Main thing is, the concept art released today was also produced by him. It’s very good concept art and looks very professional! So it’s great, but it’s also maybe why there’s a lack of any other image or marketing style advertising coming out.

Again, it’s great to see and now he’s being used for an attraction promo. Thorpe have put a lot of faith.

14 minutes ago, ML27 said:

Main thing is, the concept art released today was also produced by him.

I just had a feeling it would’ve been. Props to him though, it is VERY good! Makes you wonder how much creative input he’s had in this entire attraction… 🤔 because he must’ve sat in MMM meetings etc to gauge what to use for creative advertising, so wonder if he’s had any creative input

Fair play to jack, that’s a great piece of work. I actually think it’s great that Thorpe are working with jack by the way. Having an enthusiast working closely with the park will hopefully be helping in terms of giving them some valuable feedback, and makes me wonder if it’s any coincidence that ghost train has had this revamp at all. Let’s hope he fills their heads with plenty of good ideas going forwards 

On 4/20/2023 at 11:07 AM, Glitch said:

Actors are starting training, I would say it will be a month or so, I putting my cards out there and saying this is the first project which Silkstone and team have been given full creative control on.... 

Look forward to it.

Hot take (possibly), but if the logo for Ghost Train is the one used on the initial teaser campaign, I'm not a fan. I actually really liked the Derren Brown logo and think it really works for a ghost train. The one used on the teaser video is too generic and does not, even in the slightest, represent a 'Ghost Train' to me.

5 minutes ago, coasterverse said:

Hot take (possibly), but if the logo for Ghost Train is the one used on the initial teaser campaign

Is that the logo in the kind of block capitals with the middle bit of each letter cut out?

If so I totally agree, it seems like the logo for a modern tech brand almost not a ghost train at all.

9 minutes ago, tactic said:

Is that the logo in the kind of block capitals with the middle bit of each letter cut out?

If so I totally agree, it seems like the logo for a modern tech brand almost not a ghost train at all.

Yeah, exactly that. Way too modern, doesn't even fit with the 'modern-ish' aesthetic they're going with the white and blue facade. That font style is like 2020 era, so way too modern even for that.

That’s the new logo for sure, it’s been used on merch. Unfortunately, the logo would work much more with DBGT due to its Modern vibe and the VR.

If you’re trying to distance yourselves away from any VR type ride. It’s not helping. Again, it’s clear where the creative direction from the logo has came from.

I don’t know what this ride is trying to be, is it a take on the old style ghost train or is it meant to be a scare experience all year round? I suppose it does feature a train and ghosts so the name is correct, but can’t help but think it may mislead a few into thinking it’s a ride type everyone knows

21 minutes ago, ML27 said:

That’s the new logo for sure, it’s been used on merch. Unfortunately, the logo would work much more with DBGT due to its Modern vibe and the VR.

If you’re trying to distance yourselves away from any VR type ride. It’s not helping. Again, it’s clear where the creative direction from the logo has came from.

I don’t know what this ride is trying to be, is it a take on the old style ghost train or is it meant to be a scare experience all year round? I suppose it does feature a train and ghosts so the name is correct, but can’t help but think it may mislead a few into thinking it’s a ride type everyone knows

I think it's just going to be the exact old ride experience, probably with the same motion platform configuration, minus the virtual reality. I'm super interested to see how the live actors are going to work - will the train be able to stop to pick up actors and let them off before you board/deboard the train? Surely if there's live actors trying to scare you on a tube train that nobody can enter or exit whilst in motion is going to make for a super awkward experience? It's not like there's lots of room inside of the train for there to be jumpscares that aren't ridiculously predictable.

Maybe they'll focus on screen-based, motion platform scares and the occasional ride host scare whilst on the train, and actor-led scares in the scenes outside of the train? Unless they're planning on severely toning down the amount of time you spend on the train itself, I can't see this being the option.

1 hour ago, coasterverse said:
1 hour ago, coasterverse said:

Surely if there's live actors trying to scare you on a tube train that nobody can enter or exit whilst in motion is going to make for a super awkward experience?

If you include ride breakdowns, do they just freeze in motion 😂

I quite like the concept, hopefully something to fill the hole tho.

They are going down the Thorpe Rail route quite hard which is good to see. They could have easily done a teaser campaign such as “the next departure is in _ days” 

Big fan of the Thorpe Rail branding too, not sure I'm so much of a fan of the way 'Ghost Train' has been shoehorned into the signage. As always though I'll reserve my full judgement until its in place, but I do really like how deep they're going with the whole Thorpe Rail stuff - hopefully will lull you into a false sense of security.