Dreamland Margate

Whiteknuckle

Because obviously you can't open a park with 17 other attractions if one isn't quite ready... I mean seriously, do you really think they would want to reschedule something that had been planned for months just because of one ride? What were their options, not open it and miss one of the busy seasons as well as massively disappoint the GP, or open it, and just mildly disappoint some visitors (but give them return tickets anyway so they can come back later)?

I just feel that it's SO important they get off on the right foot. So many coastal parks have collapsed.

Without Scenic, the main feature isn't there.

Fair enough on the free tickets but it's a bit of a fail if you ask me.

I just feel that it's SO important they get off on the right foot. So many coastal parks have collapsed.

Without Scenic, the main feature isn't there.

Fair enough on the free tickets but it's a bit of a fail if you ask me.

As long as they are turning a profit it's still better than staying closed until the Scenic is ready. I agree it is unfortunate though and they need to get it open ASAP.

• 4 weeks later...

As much as I love whats happened to Dreamland and as much as I cant wait for the Scenic to re-open, I do think that that some people may eventually ride it and think what the fuss was about.  Its a great ride for historical purposes, but its not going to get in anyones top 10.  Not even top 20. 

My feeling is a lot of people will go to ride it and be disappointed.  Its a snapshot on history and that's how it should be viewed. :)

If people are going on any ride expecting it to be a top 10 they'll be disappointed 99% of the time...

That said, Rusty Banana at Tivoli broke into my top 10 because it was so much fun... Perhaps the Scenic will be enough for many people in a similar regard...

I'm going Sunday, hopefully it'll be ready for then, though I think the rest of the place seems to have a decent vibe... Can't be any worse than what it was like alllllll the way back in 2003...

Considering what they're going to get today, it's probably a good thing.

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but following bad weather on Friday (including lots of rain and wind), Dreamland Margate has closed all outdoor areas this weekend, but is hoping to reopen on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite the railway not reportedly opening till October, I might try and make the trip up there before the end of summer to check out the new rides before they leave for the Autumn. I know they are now hosting the Barrel of Laughs rotor, a skyflyer, a topspin, a vintage speedway and mirror maze.

How did they mange to misjudge the readiness of the trains by half a year? Very odd considering the announcement that it wasn't going to be ready only came days before opening.

I wonder if someone made a massive blunder and they simply didn't fit or weren't right in some major way, rather simply not being finished. It must be killing the place.