Dreamland Margate

Whiteknuckle

If they can strike a balance of old and new I don't see too big an issue... They've struggled with money so anything will be a positive step (we hope)...

Beyond King Solomon Mines I'm not sure what other vintage rides they could have... A River Caves type ride probably would be a good choice, but without the budget it's questionable how far the vintage rides side can go (especially given the modern regs)...

Could Knightmare be considered vintage?!

Loads of vintage (and quite a bit if it thrill) stuff they don't have. Skid / Whip, Rotor, Steam Boats, Octopus, Dive Bomber, the swinging varients of round rides with a million different names. They don't have a traditional ghost train or funhouse, which feel missing.

I'd love to see an old wooden boat water chute like the used to have on the site years ago. Doubt there are any originals of those knocking about tonrrferb though.

I'm not sure I'm keen on this.  For a park that initially set out to be a heritage park priding itself on restoring vintage rides, buying a load of Zamperla rides doesn't really seem in-keeping with this.

They should be aiming to restore the wooden wild mouse ride type, especially considering recent events.  I believe the park originally purchased King Solomon's Mines from Southport Pleasureland, but let it rot along with the old whip from BPB - info about King Solomon's is detailed in this article below;

http://www.joylandbooks.com/scenicrailway/images/gallery9.htm

I also believe the park would benefit from an old-school Ghost Train, and a recreated River Caves style ride would also be brilliant if a little more difficult to achieve.

I have to say I really like this addition.

Yes Dreamland is a historical park- but it also has a few modern-ised sections from its complete makeover last year.

I think the Air Race and Discovery in particular is going to give the park a really nice selection of flat rides that will hopefully draw in some more people.

I find it crazy how they keep throwing money at the park considering their financial state..

With their money troubles I don't think trying to revive a dead coaster model really is on the agenda at this moment.. 

Anyway I actually remember the park had a ghost train before the makeover- though it was tiny and hilariously naff.

I think a Ghost Train could be a cool addition if they continue this risky spending spree.

Think it's harsh to say they've let KSM rot, given the trouble they had with redoing Scenic to modern standards, I dread to think how much it would've cost them to modernise that as well... Plus the money issues they've been having doesn't help...

If such additions keep the park ticking over a little bit then sure; I've no doubt there's work in the background at continuing the heritage 'theme'... Indeed, there's more than just the rides at work in that sense...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Snapped a couple of shots during my visit yesterday to watch the football on the big screen, there’s a total of 3 new rides that are in place but not yet running, 2 that are already running and 4 that have the groundwork ready but nothing in place yet. It’s a huge project they’re working on and it’s pretty impressive to see how much effort has gone in to getting these rides open for summer! Wether they’ll get them all open in time remains to be seen however!

46074D2F-8AF0-46E9-9F5C-E143009D459F.jpeg

9B5A66C7-0CC1-4BF8-84AC-46A58D115646.jpeg

B646D860-41FB-4839-B9AA-A9C52752B944.jpeg

Excuse the horrible quality but I’ve bumped the light up on this picture; took it on the way back from work tonight and you can clearly see the seats which were on the floor and unattached yesterday are now on the ride and up in the air. They didn’t move at all whilst I was there tonight so I can only assume this is a test to do with the ride being able to hold itself in position for a minimum/ maximum amount of time!

B64B7DE5-6035-4D76-B3F1-7892882527E5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

SCREAMLAND RETURNS!!- With a new maze this year bringing the total up to 7!

Currently a ticket with all rides and mazes with fastrack for the mazes is £30 online including a booking fee bringing it to £33, being a member and ordering on park I got mine for £26.10!!

Last year was incredible so this year should be even better! All the new rides light up amazing at night and the park was already so well illuminated so it will look absolutely stunning!!

Heading down next week to check it out for the first time and hope to get on some rides ive never done before, ie suspended enterprise and the air race, anyone know if the new drop tower is open yet? can't see it on the website but heard they opened most of their new rides so just checking in, also will it be busy crowds wise, unsure now as its not free entry anymore, also can you leave and re enter the park? as I'll most likely take an hour break to go on the beach or something 

Honestly I think Screamland need more quality than quantity.. Last year was really a poor showing with Crank Jack being really the only saving grace..

The rest of the mazes felt incredibly half-arsed compared to 2016, I think they really need to up the quality of their current mazes before adding more..

The prices as per usual at Screamland are very good and are worth it just for the rides, hopefully this year they bring back the creativity that 2016 had in the mazes.

I know it probably will not happen but it would awesome if they bring back The Paradise Foundation! That maze really deserved a better run than 1 year, that maze was perhaps one of the most creative themes to grace the scare attraction world and it left us after one year!

On 7/23/2018 at 7:45 AM, LK_ said:

unsure now as its not free entry anymore, also can you leave and re enter the park? as I'll most likely take an hour break to go on the beach or something 

From memory you can leave and enter as many times as you want. Dead and Breakfast and The Final Cut are/were even outside of the main park!

The Margate seafront is far from pretty though so don't expect anything too nice lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 9:45 PM, JoshuaA said:

Honestly I think Screamland need more quality than quantity.. Last year was really a poor showing with Crank Jack being really the only saving grace..

The rest of the mazes felt incredibly half-arsed compared to 2016, I think they really need to up the quality of their current mazes before adding more..

The prices as per usual at Screamland are very good and are worth it just for the rides, hopefully this year they bring back the creativity that 2016 had in the mazes.

I know it probably will not happen but it would awesome if they bring back The Paradise Foundation! That maze really deserved a better run than 1 year, that maze was perhaps one of the most creative themes to grace the scare attraction world and it left us after one year!

From memory you can leave and enter as many times as you want. Dead and Breakfast and The Final Cut are/were even outside of the main park!

The Margate seafront is far from pretty though so don't expect anything too nice lol.

All the rides are open! Numerous events are on as well so be sure to check what’s happening! And josh you’re absolutely right about the pradise foundation, it was an exceptional maze! However I completely disagree about your comments regarding margate seafront, head into the high street and it’s definitely not worth rating however the seafront and the old town are actually very pleasant.

DB28C1E2-BCB1-4881-B626-F164052EB801.jpeg

81EEF60F-2C6E-4ACC-8D10-745BF179E657.jpeg

351DCE50-19F4-4C11-B3BD-FD1160B72A6C.jpeg

39F66C72-D769-47B5-A80B-114CD158EC1D.jpeg

31E7437D-6794-4E46-A640-3C4E19CE2636.jpeg

9FB52B41-D141-4994-BC54-B82B2B0F7CDE.jp2

7170F4A8-64B2-490E-9EA3-62A1D90D0DD2.jpeg

ACA69EE2-05C3-42A9-9067-74B0448A3333.jpeg

• 1 month later...

So all 7 mazes have been revealed, I hope this will be a stronger year for the event!

Dead and Breakfast, Festino, and their mirror maze are the only things returning.

With that said if last year was anything to judge by most of time the event completely changes mazes,

Festino last year was a complete different maze to its much better 2016 incarnation.

I'm hoping Festino and Dead And Breakfast get drastic changes as I thought last year they were both awful.

When it comes to new, we have Tunnels of Terror which is probably gonna be where The Final Cut was?

We also have a interesting shipwreck themed maze, if it done right it sounds like fun!

Another a new attraction is called 'The Upside Down' which apparently will be under the treetop bar and will have a strange but original parallel universe theme..

I'm not kidding one bit..

The most interesting and scary looking new maze comes in 'Dreamland Sleep Experiment', a maze that reminds me of the haunted stories that came from the russian sleep experiment, it also kinda gives me Paradise Foundation vibes a little.. Which can only be a great thing, I expect to walk out of it at a fast pace!

Despite my panning of it last year, I think Screamland sounds great this year!

Even if the mazes are crap they have some great flats now so if I get time I will certainly try to get down to Margate for October.