The Future Of Neptunes Kingdom

Liam

Neptune's Kingdom seems very plain at the moment. Will there be any changes to this zone? A waterpark/hotel, like Alton Towers' Splash hotel? Or maybe getting rid of Depth Charge and changing the theme completely. They can have more room in this small zone by filling in the lake, like they have for Project Dylan.Discuss your ideas in this thread.

I'm not sure if there will be any changes. Neptune's Kingdom is great for what is, something for the younger audience to enjoy. Depth Charge still gets a queue (probably down to very slow loading times though) and people still go in the water. It's a very weather dependant area though. Something may be able to be done but I don't think a major change should happen like putting a new coaster in the area.

I would love to see Neptune Kingdom demolished in order to extend Amity Cove.They could have a water coaster like Poseidon, whose front entrance would be where Depth Charge's slides end and the whole ride would be built along the side of Thorpe Park.The idea, is that it is not to take up too much space, so there can be more themed zones, IMO I would like to see, also an interactive ride (Amity Flash Flood) mentioned at southparks forums.They could also add either a disk-o or a Zamperla rotoshake, the one at Knott's was perfect. I would like to see Stealth extended (is possible), re-themed to the raging waters of Cal (Amity Cove) CalAmity Cove.

• 3 months later...

Depth Charge and the beach seriously do need to go IMO, and I think X:\ is not far from the end of it's life now, perhaps it only has a few years left. I'd like to the see arena gone too, and an even better Thorpe Mega Store - so here's what I'd do:

• Demolish Depth Charge, the slides, and the beach.
  • Build a flying coaster with a brand new area name. This coaster could stretch as far out as X:\ No Way Out's entrance, allowing people to walk between where Octopus Gardens and Neptunes Kingdom currently are, with the ride flying over.
  • Demolish X:\ No Way Out, Octopus Gardens, the Thorpe Mega Store, the toilets, and the arena.
  • In the area currently occupied by X:\, create a brand new childrens area. The rides currently in Octopus Gardens could be moved there, or new rides could be installed. Whether area would remain as Octopus Gardens or be given a brand new name would be decided later. This area would extend up the back of Slammer.
  • In the area currently occupied by the arena, build a brand new toilet block.
  • In the area currently occupied by the Thorpe Mega Store and Octopus Gardens, build a new, bigger and better Thorpe Mega Store - mega by name, mega by nature. Bear in mind the new flying coaster plan outlined above could stretch up to where X:\'s entrance is now. However, this could be planned with much care that it wouldn't interrupt the size of the new Thorpe Mega Store.
These plans could be completed in the next 4-5 years. However, I think it could complete Thorpe's thrill rides. Replacing the Banana Boat and Fungle Safari with something each is also something I would like to see - perhaps a crazy golf course or even a new route for the Canada Creek Railway might fit nicely onto Fungle Safari's current area?Who knows - but come on Thorpe, do the right thing. Out with the old, in with the new.

Posted ImageDepth Charge and the beach seriously do need to go IMO, and I think X:\ is not far from the end of it's life now, perhaps it only has a few years left. I'd like to the see arena gone too, and an even better Thorpe Mega Store - so here's what I'd do:In the area outlined in red:

• Demolish Depth Charge, the slides, and the beach.
  • Build a flying coaster with a brand new area name. This coaster could stretch as far out as X:\ No Way Out's entrance, allowing people to walk between where Octopus Gardens and Neptunes Kingdom currently are, with the ride flying over.
In the area outlined in green:
  • Demolish X:\ No Way Out, Octopus Gardens, the Thorpe Mega Store, the toilets, and the arena.
  • In the area currently occupied by X:\, create a brand new childrens area. The rides currently in Octopus Gardens could be moved there, or new rides could be installed. Whether area would remain as Octopus Gardens or be given a brand new name would be decided later. This area would extend up the back of Slammer.
  • In the area currently occupied by the arena, build a brand new toilet block.
  • In the area currently occupied by the Thorpe Mega Store and Octopus Gardens, build a new, bigger and better Thorpe Mega Store - mega by name, mega by nature. Bear in mind the new flying coaster plan outlined above could stretch up to where X:\'s entrance is now. However, this could be planned with much care that it wouldn't interrupt the size of the new Thorpe Mega Store.
These plans could be completed in the next 4-5 years. However, I think it could complete Thorpe's thrill rides. Replacing the Banana Boat and Fungle Safari with something each is also something I would like to see - perhaps a crazy golf course or even a new route for the Canada Creek Railway might fit nicely onto Fungle Safari's current area?Who knows - but come on Thorpe, do the right thing. Out with the old, in with the new.
Could not agree more with the whole Flying Coaster idea, though I'd like to see one that is a bit more extreme than Air, and maybe it could have a normal loop? It'd be like Slammer at 50mph. And to make it unique and 'A World's First', have it come off the lift, and as soon as it comes of the chain, let it enter a Dive Loop as a substitute for the drop, this will let it pick up speed immensely, and, Thorpe won't need to waste space for the pre-drop turn around like what Colossus and Nemesis Inferno have.I'm also completely with you on removing the Octopus Gardens permanently, as they clash with Thorpe's Thrill Seeker background, and a Huss TopSpin like Ripsaw should be moved there (although Ripsaw would suit Canada Creek the best as it would then not need a re-theme)But as for a Children's Area replacing X:\No Way Out; its in the Lost City, the sector of the Park with the most Thrill Rides and the only area in the park that currently doesn't contain a Kiddie's ride, or entertainment facilities, and hasn't for the past 9-10 years, and so the whole of Octopus Gardens should go and Thorpe should create a seperate island (possibly use Treasure Island) and move Quantum and Flying Fish there along with some new Kiddie's rides, far away from the bowels of the Thrill Seekers part of the Park.The Thorpe Mega Store renovation is a great idea and getting rid of Wet, Wet, Wet and Depth Charge would create loads of space, allowing a very decent sized Flying Coaster, with quite a few inversions (call it Icarus, it would suit the coaster type)

Where was changing Stealth mentioned? :PThanks for you comments Mr Hicks.Also, apologies for the loss of the picture - I accidentally deleted it from my Photobukcet account, and then from the computer by accident!

So you *accidentely* managed to click delete on photobucket and then *accidentely* do it again on your My Photos?

Where was changing Stealth mentioned? :PThanks for you comments Mr Hicks.Also, apologies for the loss of the picture - I accidentally deleted it from my Photobukcet account, and then from the computer by accident!

William Ward mentioned it above.TpDan makes a good point :P

Topics like this make me realise how out of touch I am with the coaster world. The thing thorpe fanboys want is more and more thrill rides and huge rollercoasters, and I think if anything they need some kind of family rollercoaster in-between Flying Fish and No Way out height restrictions to balance the park more. Under 1.4, and the closest you get to a rollercoaster is the fish.Where exactly is this believe that Thorpe is solely a thrill park? Surely rides like Tidal Wave, Flying Fish, Quantum, Eclipse and the Bear Hunt proove that Merlin are not interested in keeping Thorpe within a specific genre of rides.

Where exactly is this believe that Thorpe is solely a thrill park? Surely rides like Tidal Wave, Flying Fish, Quantum, Eclipse and the Bear Hunt proove that Merlin are not interested in keeping Thorpe within a specific genre of rides.

Eclipse was added by the Tussauds Group, not Merlin Entertainments, and was removed at the end of its openening season due to lack of riders. Rush now sits where Eclipse once was.And the Flying Fish was removed for a whole year... before they brought it back.And whats so un-thrilling about Tidal Wave?

Eclipse was added by the Tussauds Group, not Merlin Entertainments, and was removed at the end of its openening season due to lack of riders. Rush now sits where Eclipse once was.And the Flying Fish was removed for a whole year... before they brought it back.And whats so un-thrilling about Tidal Wave?

And you've just prooved my point quite adequately. They don't even believe the park is a "MEGA THRILLZ park" if they expected Eclipse to go down well, only for it not to. They then add Fish back and have rides with 1.2 metre height restrictions which generally rates them as "family friendly." And what about the bear hunt Mr Hicks, or are we ignoring that?