The Future Of Neptunes Kingdom

Liam

And what about the bear hunt Mr Hicks, or are we ignoring that?

No, I'm not saying that all the family rides should be torn down, I'm saying Thorpe should move them to Treasure Island, as you should have read in my qouted reply to Theme Park bloke's improvement ideas (the comment about the Flying Coaster in place of Neptunes' Kingdom) My reason for this is that way, Thorpe could keep their kiddies' rides away from the screaming of the central island. If Thorpe decide to do this, they should put a few entertainment facilities, toilets and restaurants over there, so the kiddies and there parents wouldn't have to trapse all the way over to the main island just for the toilet.As for the bear hunt, it might not fit in with the new image Thorpe is turning Canada Creek into, and so maybe a re-theme and place that on Treasure Island aswell, as I would speechless if they were to be removed; it was the first ever attraction I went on at ThorpeI didn't mean to be vindictive, but if any offence was caused I am sorry

I'm not offended, its just a debate after all :P Anyway onto your comments.1) I think its a very bad idea to over-crowd Thorpe. By playing a flyer right at the parks entrance, the park immediately hits you with rides from every angle. Think of any park you have visited, and you will find very few have rides so in your face right away. I myself rarely use the beach or Depth Charge but I don't think a rollercoaster is the right approach. I think someone on here suggested a Splash battle which I think is an excellent idea. It compliments the other water rides perfectly and would be a fun ride in its own right, as well as making sense in Neptunes Kingdom.2) I also don't think moving all the kids rides away to a seperate area is a good idea purely because whilst Thorpe is very small, kids get tired a lot faster and if you have a place crammed with rides, themes (as lacking as they may be) become confused and less obvious. (Amity Cove for example doesn't make realistic sense anymore for example). With that, if Thorpe is just a THRILL island, then what is to happen to Loggers Leap, Rumba Rapids and Storm in a Teacup which are family rides. You can't really move them around as they are fixed structures.

I love Neptune's Kingdom- Flying Fish is great- As if Depth Charge and I can't believe how popular the beach is! A Splash Battle would be great and suit the area well!I also think a Family Rollercoaster- Maybe a spinning one? could be added OR They could change the restraints on X to make it a 1.2M ride (because it's a family rollercoaster with a 1.4M height restriction) would this be possible? :P

I'm not offended, its just a debate after all :P Anyway onto your comments.1) I think its a very bad idea to over-crowd Thorpe. By playing a flyer right at the parks entrance, the park immediately hits you with rides from every angle. Think of any park you have visited, and you will find very few have rides so in your face right away. I myself rarely use the beach or Depth Charge but I don't think a rollercoaster is the right approach. I think someone on here suggested a Splash battle which I think is an excellent idea. It compliments the other water rides perfectly and would be a fun ride in its own right, as well as making sense in Neptunes Kingdom.2) I also don't think moving all the kids rides away to a seperate area is a good idea purely because whilst Thorpe is very small, kids get tired a lot faster and if you have a place crammed with rides, themes (as lacking as they may be) become confused and less obvious. (Amity Cove for example doesn't make realistic sense anymore for example). With that, if Thorpe is just a THRILL island, then what is to happen to Loggers Leap, Rumba Rapids and Storm in a Teacup which are family rides. You can't really move them around as they are fixed structures.

I actually agree with you on the Flying Coaster being right in your face as soon as you enter Thorpe Park, and I also agree of the Splash Battle idea, as you said it would entirely suit Neptunew's Kingdom, which, having now thought about it, should stay as it very popular. Maybe in a 3-4 years Thorpe will have infilled the new island in Manor Lake, and there could be a possibility of a new Thrilling Area there, complete with its own unique theme and rollercoaster (as each of the main themed zones now have a rollercoaster dominating them).I'm not saying this rollercoaster must be a Flying Coaster, I personally would like to see a B&M Sitting Coaster as well as a Flying Coaster.Mark also makes a good point on the fact that if the Kiddie's rides are too crammed together, it would become a little bit boring and rather confusing for younger kids to stay on one island for 6-7 hours.

I fully agree with Mark, as I am a Thorpe fanboy, no denying it...yet I think the time has come to invest a little more in Family rides.The reason for this is that even if Thorpe don't know it, it would be a huge boost to their attendance figures. The park is currentely attracting thrill seekers left, right and centre. Sure it's good for the park, as it's their target market now, but the families are disappearing rapidly, which may explain why Chessington has been half the time getting higher attendances than Thorpe, especially in the Easter Period.What I think, is that one or two family friendly rides, enjoyable for all ages (very much like Battle Galleons), would make such a massive difference. Next Years coaster, which would cost much more than a family ride, isn't really going to attract extra thousands all the time next year, as most thrill seekers already go there, and this coaster isn't going to make a huge difference to attendances, just a little one. However two family rides, and families would start spilling into Thorpe once more like they used to, what with much more on offer.So what with all of Thorpe Park's thrill rides attracting in the thrill seekers, and then those family friendly rides attracting in the families once more, we would be making more of an even split of who is coming to Thorpe, which would be making a huge difference, and what would be bring in the extra thousands, rather than just thrill ride after thrill ride after thrill ride. And to back up my point? Noticed how at Chessington more chavs have come this year? I think personally, they've become bored of thorpe's current line-up, and yes next years coaster is something new, but that one ride cannot make a person visit just for that, like Stealth was doing back in 2006. Just what I came to imagine anyway.

My views on this are:1: Neptunes Kingdom indoor/roofed over, so more year round rather than summer only. Also inlcude a similar to CWOA's Denniss Madhouse, but water friendly version.2:X:\No Way Out, get rid of, and install a dark pyramid/egyptian temple thing, moving dark ride, with all kind of effects, possibly laser tag one, like tomb raider at CWOA.3:Kids area, not moved to Treasure Island, as transport would have to be arranged to and from the island, as its quite a distance for little kids to walk back to the car etc. But update it, with a few more intense, kiddie rides, like a mini miami, or bounce.And thats pretty much it.

Nope...nope...nope. If you do that, then all the Chavs will piss off to Chessie for good. We want them to piss off from the parks, full stop.

So you *accidentely* managed to click delete on photobucket and then *accidentely* do it again on your My Photos?

Erm...yes. :P

What a bummer :P

I know, lol. That proves how long I ain't used Photobucket for.

And whats so un-thrilling about Tidal Wave?

Yeah! I sometimes wonder what's more thrilling, the ride itself or just standing on the bridge! God, how that gets crowded!

I do like the flying coaster on neptune kingdom idea, good one!

Thankyou.Anyway, who cares if a flying coaster is in your face the minute you step outta the Dome? Every other ride is, in some perspective. Thorpe have planned them carefully, you stand outside the Dome, look across at all rides which are visible (Slammer only when it spins), and then choose which one to head for first. Personally, I'm sick of exiting the Dome and seeing Octopus Gardens.One thing I would like to see is Tidal Wave's oil rig fired up again. I heard that during Stealth's construction, machinery went right through some cables or pipes which put the final icing on the cake for it being totally screwed!

2:X:\No Way Out, get rid of, and install a dark pyramid/egyptian temple thing, moving dark ride, with all kind of effects, possibly laser tag one, like tomb raider at CWOA.

Tomb Blaster*Anyway, with regards to Neptunes Beach. I'd clear the whole lot and start again. Depth Charge needs massive refurbishing IMO its disgusting. Wet Wet Wet is also an eyesore. A nice little water coaster could work well if they gave it a proper Atlantis type theme. Would kind of tie in the two themes of Neptunes Kingdom and Port Atlantis which could be cool.

One thing I would like to see is Tidal Wave's oil rig fired up again. I heard that during Stealth's construction, machinery went right through some cables or pipes which put the final icing on the cake for it being totally screwed!

I've heard that too, but if that did happen then thats due to the person operating the machinery obviously not looking what they were doing, and Thorpe should have aknowledged that it had damaged an effect, and put the effort into fixing it! Along with the rest of the broken scenery. Also simple things like the entrance sign lights not flashing.

I could be wrong, but did the electric pylon ever let off a few sparks now and then? I'm not sure cos thinking about it that could have had deadly effects. :PBut yeah, just hire some people, feed them Thorpe food for extra farting power, give them a lighter and then fireball galare on Tidal.

It used to make me jump when the fireball effect came on. It was very dramatic though. I think Tidal Wave's themeing has gone downhill.Anyway, back to topic. I don't think they could build a coaster that close to the entrance, especially a flier, due to the paths getting clogged up at the end of the day as it is, and I feel the coaster could make matters worse. Would be a good idea elsewhere in the park though.

Anyway, who cares if a flying coaster is in your face the minute you step outta the Dome? Every other ride is, in some perspective. Thorpe have planned them carefully, you stand outside the Dome, look across at all rides which are visible (Slammer only when it spins), and then choose which one to head for first. Personally, I'm sick of exiting the Dome and seeing Octopus Gardens.

OK, I'm re-converted; Theme Park bloke made a good arguement and I totally agree to how ugly the Octopus Gardens are, I'm not saying they should go, just move them somewhere less central, somewhere that if you want to navigate across the park, you don't have to negotiate getting around these pathetic little things that are completely dwarfed by the (in comparison) gargantuan rides behind them like Rush and Colossus

Tidal waves original theming was brilliant, but seems some of it was only thought about short term (for example the gas ball). The gas ball, I would be surprised if it ever came back to life, the piping and tanks for it were all ripped up for Stealth and would cost a hell of a lot of money to reinstall it all, especially with all the h&s there is to abide to, and more than anything the cost to keep the effect running day in day out.The others I hold out hope for, I personally can see in the future things like the q line effects, the entrance lights and the water tower working again in the future.

Anyway, who cares if a flying coaster is in your face the minute you step outta the Dome? Personally, I'm sick of exiting the Dome and seeing Octopus Gardens.

1. Quite a lot of people. Neptunes Kingdom I find is quite a peacuful place.2. You don't... ;)And I'm quite sure a lot of people are sick of seeing thrill rides facing you in every direction. At least you dont have to look at Octupus Gardens all the time, only when your near it.

I could be wrong, but did the electric pylon ever let off a few sparks now and then? I'm not sure cos thinking about it that could have had deadly effects. ;)

Yeah, well it definitely had the SFX of sparking anyway. Good old tidal wave.As for the sink, it was working last year.. I've only ridden that ride twice, both times last year so there we go.

• 2 weeks later...
OK, so all of these don't work and the chances of these working are doomed. But Tidal Wave minus all these features is still looking fantastic and works a treat.

1. Quite a lot of people. Neptunes Kingdom I find is quite a peacuful place.2. You don't... :DAnd I'm quite sure a lot of people are sick of seeing thrill rides facing you in every direction. At least you dont have to look at Octupus Gardens all the time, only when your near it.

I'll tell you the one thing that really pisses me off every time I exit the dome and that is that huge f**k-off slow-scrolling LED sign which welcomes you to Octopus Gardens. Out of all 3 parks I've never seen a more pointless and large sign!If I come out and walk past Rush (on left) towards the queue times boards I still have to walk past Octopus Gardens to get to Stealth. If I come out and walk over the bridge which goes over the beach I have to go right through the beach and still see a lot of Octopus Gardens - so either way I can't win!

OK, so all of these don't work and the chances of these working are doomed. But Tidal Wave minus all these features is still looking fantastic and works a treat.I'll tell you the one thing that really pisses me off every time I exit the dome and that is that huge f**k-off slow-scrolling LED sign which welcomes you to Octopus Gardens. Out of all 3 parks I've never seen a more pointless and large sign!If I come out and walk past Rush (on left) towards the queue times boards I still have to walk past Octopus Gardens to get to Stealth. If I come out and walk over the bridge which goes over the beach I have to go right through the beach and still see a lot of Octopus Gardens - so either way I can't win!

You think you can't win? Lets try putting ourselves in the shoes of the families with small children? Bar Octopus Gardens, there is next to nothing to choose from. In order to get to Ranger County and Canada Creek, you either have the lovely choice of going through all of Lost City, including Rush, Colossus, X:\NWO, Samurai and Slammer. Or Nemesis, Detonator, or Tidal Wave. Along with the fact you can see Stealth from practically everywhere? And now your complaining because one small area of the park where small kids can enjoy themselves you have to walk past? Well Boo Hoo...I'd also like to ask why your getting pissed about seeing Octupus Gardens sometimes, when you earlier said in the topic who cares if they see a flying coaster as soon as they step out of the dome. I can name quite a lot of people, just go to chessington and find out who.You don't have to walk into it do you? Well all the families do have to walk into the thrill ride areas if they want to get to the other side of the park. Stop complaining over something so small and insignificant.

If I come out and walk past Rush (on left) towards the queue times boards I still have to walk past Octopus Gardens to get to Stealth. If I come out and walk over the bridge which goes over the beach I have to go right through the beach and still see a lot of Octopus Gardens - so either way I can't win!

You could go down to the Quantum/Zodiac area, then make your way past Rush looking at Thorpe Belle before walking through the Colossus area... you could then continue to walk through Canada Creek and Ranger County, then around Time Voyagers and Pizza Hut towards Rumba Rapids, afterwards walk beside SIAT before arriving at Stealth :DPosted ImageYou can't deny it, I've solved your problem.