Future Of Canada Creek

UnderItAll

That's an incredibly silly thing to say Will, in fact Vampire has one of the lowest height restrictions in the whole of the country for a family orientated coaster. You last went there 10 years ago which you have admitted to me on MSN, so how can you comment?

I think he means the space issues in that building high buildings; the reason the flying island was turned down.

• 5 months later...

I hope for the areas sake that along with Dylan's arrival, Loggers leap is rethemed from the family fun spot the bears ride it is now to a haunted boat journey in lost Canadian woods of some sort. The two could work really well together and amke a great theme, maybe even a new name for the area but it's unlikely.

I hope for the areas sake that along with Dylan's arrival, Loggers leap is rethemed from the family fun spot the bears ride it is now to a haunted boat journey in lost Canadian woods of some sort. The two could work really well together and amke a great theme, maybe even a new name for the area but it's unlikely.

So are you suggesting a horror theme for the whole area? thatd be interesting.I reallllly doubt that theyd change the name as its been around for so long.

Having a horror-dark themed Canadian Creek, might not be a bad thing, in fact it might do that area and the park some good. With this coaster 09, Thorpe are trying to create a darker atmosphere (never before seen) @ Thorpe and having the area that the coaster is in themed to something darker, might just do that.I mean, if Thorpe could do to Canada Creek what they did to Amity Cove, that would amazing. I agree, that Logger's Leap has been around for some time and tbh, look at the state of it! It looks quite delpidated and it could do with some a re-theme/refurb soon in the next 5 years max. My thoughts are that I love the finale but the drop looks a bit bare compared to Dragon Falls, which has the Budha-face carvings, which look impressive.

Yea, as I siad it's unlikely but I thin kthat if it coudl be done right it could create a great atmosphere in the area, creating a horror scene with mysteries or riddles, maybe around loggers leap rather than the rather boring spot the bears theme, it would create more atmosphere. Although loggers and the small kids ride with the indian in the middle (I forgot the name) would both be hard to theme, I trust it could be done and done well.

Yea, as I siad it's unlikely but I thin kthat if it coudl be done right it could create a great atmosphere in the area, creating a horror scene with mysteries or riddles, maybe around loggers leap rather than the rather boring spot the bears theme, it would create more atmosphere. Although loggers and the small kids ride with the indian in the middle (I forgot the name) would both be hard to theme, I trust it could be done and done well.

rocky express:)I actually don't think that ride has much of a future, it kind of goes unnoticed, what with loggers, the new 2009 coaster, and hmmm, is slammer there or is that the lost city. it's good theming, but I'd refurbish canada creek railway, just for a round trip of the area, taking in all the sites.maybe an outdoor wild west show or something along those lines could be implimented

James is correct, Slammer is part of Canada Creek, you can tell this because of the way Thorpe normally colour code their rides. . The Colossus theme plays in the Slammer queue once it's music has finished. I'd rather hear that than put up with the fire burning sound effect which used to play.

Lost City is actually a Greek themed zone, than opposed to people thinking it as some mayan/aztec zone.My friend works in Greek Hotdogs, a unit in Lost City. I asked him what has Greek got to do with the theme of LC and he said because LC is supposed to be a Ancient Greek/Atlantean City. Many thorpe park websites state LC to be an atlantean civilisation. My reasons are:1) Vortex has the roman/greek numbers2)Zodiac used to have the roman/greek letters3)Colossus was based after the definition: Something/someone of massive proportion I.e. Colossus Statue also a roman/greek word. Also has many greek references I.e medusa fountain and arcitecture.

Unless you haven't actually noticed all the giant sun theming everywhere, Paganism rings a bell, which is the worshipping of the sun. Where they did all the sacrafice and what not. But that was in about 274, possibly in Ancient Greece which would also link into your Greek theming idea, so it was a LONG time ago! But that's going extremely off topic...Anyway! I wouldn't be happy to see Rocky Express moving. I love going on it just listening to Dolly Parton and the Canada Creek playlist in general. Am I alone, the only one who fully appreciates Rocky? :)

I wouldn't be happy to see Rocky Express moving. I love going on it just listening to Dolly Parton and the Canada Creek playlist in general. Am I alone, the only one who fully appreciates Rocky? :)

Rocky is great! :P I don't know why it would move though but I wouldn't mind seeing it back in Octopus Gardens where it originally came from. Something *slightly intense* for a kids ride in OG would be nice.

ROCKY FTW!and those stupid kids don't deserve our beloved Rocky! :P

Lost City is actually a Greek themed zone, than opposed to people thinking it as some mayan/aztec zone.My friend works in Greek Hotdogs, a unit in Lost City. I asked him what has Greek got to do with the theme of LC and he said because LC is supposed to be a Ancient Greek/Atlantean City. Many thorpe park websites state LC to be an atlantean civilisation. My reasons are:1) Vortex has the roman/greek numbers2)Zodiac used to have the roman/greek letters3)Colossus was based after the definition: Something/someone of massive proportion I.e. Colossus Statue also a roman/greek word. Also has many greek references I.e medusa fountain and arcitecture.

No that's Creek Hotdogs and thats in Canada Creek. The only food units in Lost City are Crust and Collossal Hotdogs. Where did you get Greek from?Lost City just isn't Greek themed, normally I wouldn't trust employees either, they normally think they know what they're on about but most of the time they're wrong. Also Neptunes Kingdom is more atlantis themed as well as the dome, why would they have another area themed to it? The general theme is mayan/ aztec because of all the references to space and the sun. Greeks weren't that big on lots of suns and the way its drawn deftinly doesn't look greek either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think Slammer is meant to be part of Lost City, not completly sure though.

No, it's definately Canada Creek. Otherwise it would be turqouise Lost City colours.The Lost City hasn't really got a logo has it, so it would be good to see one developed. According to Wikipedia it's based around a Mayan temple/land. :mellow:Also, interesting pic I found of the whole park:Posted Image