Queue Times

treeis

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Thursday I waited 1hour 10mins for Colossus, I got pulled in becuase the sign said 45mins.

I know what you mean. It's annoying when you get pulled into a queue because of the inaccurate queue boards. But the thing is, once you're in the queue, and people start queueing behind you, you really don't want to leave so you just stay in the queue! That happened with Colossus once, the queue board said 30 mins but we ended up waiting close to 2 hours!

I know what you mean. It's annoying when you get pulled into a queue because of the inaccurate queue boards. But the thing is, once you're in the queue, and people start queueing behind you, you really don't want to leave so you just stay in the queue! That happened with Colossus once, the queue board said 30 mins but we ended up waiting close to 2 hours!

You can pretty much judge how the queue time will be by seeing where the end of the queue stops. A 2 hour queue for Colossus, I would assume that the queue would just be coming out of the first tunnel (depending on train operation). Seeing as there was only 1 train operation during that week, maybe even longer. Don't forget that break-downs occur commonly, so that can add a lot of the time to your wait. Never depend on what the time on the signs say!

You can pretty much judge how the queue time will be by seeing where the end of the queue stops. A 2 hour queue for Colossus, I would assume that the queue would just be coming out of the first tunnel (depending on train operation). Seeing as there was only 1 train operation during that week, maybe even longer. Don't forget that break-downs occur commonly, so that can add a lot of the time to your wait.Never depend on what the time on the signs say!

From past experiences, I have learnt that on Colossus, if the queue is full up to where the queueline goes under the main walkway, then if on two train operation, will take around 20 minutes. If on one train, will take around an hour. When walking in the direction of Samurai/Saw, if you look to your left, and the Colossus queue section there is completely full up, two train operation takes around 45 mins, and one train operation takes around 2 hours. As Ashley W said, Colossus is prone to down-time, which will often cause major delays to the queueing time. However, some days, Colossus can surprisingly be quite reliable, and not suffer any down-time. It just depends on the day :P.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking yesterday after my visit to THORPE what I would be prepared to Que for the rides and why and thought it would be interesting to see what you guys would Que as well. I haven't seen another topic like this so my apologies if there has been one.So... :PSAW: 90 mins, I just love SAW and I think it's one of the few rides in the UK that's a complete package, Que line, Theming, actual ride and it's not over in 15 secondsColossus: about an hour I think, The only other ride at THORPE I think is worth quite a lengthy Que as again I feel the ride is quite long especially compared to some others.Stealth: 30 mins , Absolutely Insane and amazing... while it lasts. I just wish it had another airtime hill or an overbank turn or just something.Nemesis Inferno: 50 mins, I like Nemesis Inferno but for some reason I never get that excited about riding and its usually, if I have to miss one of the Big 4 , the one that gets left out.Detonator: 40, I love detonator , Don't know what else to say :DRush: Again I absolutely love Rush is in my top 3 non-coaster rides along with Samurai and Detonator.Samurai: 60, My favourite Flat ride, Still can't believe I haven't been on it this year!Vortex: I like Vortex but I don't go on it very often as it usually has a long Que which moves slowly.Zodiac: 5 , Don't like it and think it's a waste of spaceQuantum: 10, I absolutely LOVE Quantum :P Slammer: 45: Forgot about this in my top 3 flats, this is definitely number 2 but again I still haven't ridden this yet this year as I've been 3 times this year and 2 times it was closed all day.Loggers Leap: 30 , Good ol' Plain fun Tidal Wave: 20 , Will only ride if Scorching ( like Yesterday:) )Rumba Rapids: depends, The other week it was Brilliant with ALL effects working , but yesterday I don' think ANY were and the first third up until the tunnel was just a slow boring run to the tunnel.X:/ No way out: 5, and that would only be if EVERYthing else was above 20 ( even Quantum)So Post yours :D

SAW: after 1st time, 1 hour. probably be prepared to wait longer if there are actors etc.Colossus: an hour, relatively lengthy rideStealth: 20mins in the single riders queue, not really worth the wait in the main queue.Nemesis Inferno: 40mins, queue line isn't too bad.Detonator: dont usually bother going on this.Rush: 30mins maxSamurai: 40-50mins. Don't like the cattlepen thing though, or how the queue is now twice as bad.Vortex: 30mins? usually a first or last ride of the day :]Zodiac: walk on, or not at allQuantum: walk on, or not at allSlammer: 40mins mostLoggers Leap: 40minsTidal Wave: usually a walk on :P always been pretty lucky with tidal waveRumba Rapids: don't often have to wait longer than 10minutesX:/ No way out: 15-20 minutes most :D

Stealth - 75 minutes - Still love the launch!SAW - 70 minutes - I'll probably have to queue much longer than that sometime, but if there were other rides with smallish queues I wouldn't want to waste time in a massive queue for Saw. Nemesis Inferno - 60 minutes - It never seems to let me down, especially in the front.Colossus - 30 minutes - Only for the front though, if I have to go through the torture of anywhere else, 15 minutes. Rush - 60 minutes - Would probably be willing to queue even more if the ride length was longer. Detonator - 35 minutes - Has a drop which easily pisses all over Hurakan Condor's. Slammer - 30 minutes - It's good, not amazing, but still do enjoy it. Samurai - 30 minutes - In previous years would have been willing to queue longer, but hasn't thrilled me as much this year. X:\NWO - 25 minutes - Probably the most confusing ride I've ever been on, but still very enjoyable. Loggers Leap - 40 minutes - Nice lengthy trip through Canada Creek, and the music has made the queue more bearable.Quantum - 10 minutes - It can break up the day nicely, apart from when it feels in the mood to actually make me feel sick. Zodiac - 10 minutes - Great when Rob's operating. :PTidal Wave - 5 minutes - Can be so annoying walking around being THAT wet, however after riding it once I end up riding it over and over again anyway (If there's a small queue)Rumba Rapids - 20 minutes - Enjoy the music, and gives a nice ride.Vortex - 10 minutes - People complain about Samurai not being as intense as it could be, well it's really the same story with Vortex. Can be good when it feels like it, but usually bores the hell out of me.