Queue Times

treeis

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got my trip planned for thursday... Can anyone give me a brief idea as to what the queue times have been already these last few days? Thanks in advance :P

Friday and Saturday the queue times ranged around 30 minutes most being less. Sunday and Today however most queue times rocketed with queues being around an hour. SAW Alive had 80 minute queue time today and Colossus was about 70 minutes. Everyday around half 5, 6ish the queues all dropped dramaticly to about 10 minutes.This could be because people didnt want to stay till 7PM or because Cirque Du freaks last shows where at 5:30 I don't know. But remember for the remainder of the Easter Holidays no more events have been planned. This won't make a great difference so I'd expect averagely 45 minutes queue for main rides such as Stealth and SAW - The Ride.I can update you on Wednesday's queue times as I have planned to go this day.Hope this helps!

Roughly todays (6/04/10) Queue times,Colossus said 40 mins (but was over an hour)Nemesis Inferno 60 minsSaw The Ride 80 mins (although we got on in 60 minutes with an almost full queue)Stealth ranged from 60- 80 minsVortex 40 minutesLoggers Leap 30 - 45 minutesRumba Rapids 30 - 40 minutesX No way out 20 minutes (only saw this early on in day)Samurai 45 minutes (20 minutes after 4:30 - 5ish)Rush 30 minutesSlammer 30 minutesZodiac 20 minutesQuantum 10 - 25 minutesDetonator said 50 minutes I think but a friend got on in 20 minutesDepth Charge 30 minutes (looked longer)etcHope some of that helps.

Went today (7th),SAW The Ride - Looked about 60 mins, didn't go on though.Colossus - Said 80 mins, but I went on at the start of the day with no queue :PStealth - Was't open in the morning, but once it opened the queue looked about 60 mins.Nemesis - Ranged from 30 - 40 mins.Samurai - Looked busy, about 30 - 40 mins.Vortex - 20 - 30 minsRumba Rapids - 20 - 30 minsX:\ No Way Out - 20 minsRush - said 20 mins, but was definitely longerSlammer - 15 - 30 minsQuantum - 10 mins Overall quite a good day, was really quiet in the morning and didn't get too busy. This might have been due to the rain :P

Definatly Colossus and SAW first providing they are both open! Colossus should be but SAW was late opening yesterday... I usually head for SAW first and then go to Colossus then move on to Nemesis and then finally to Stealh if its open. But everyone seems to head over to SAW so head there first if you really want to ride it with a lower queue.

I am going next week with some mates who have never been before. I would like if we could get on as many rides as possible with the shortest possible queueing times. Do you think the Stealth, Inferno side or Colossus and Saw Island side first?

Stealth and Inferno are walk on and on Inferno you can get rerides without getting off quite often if you head there first at park opening. Also Saw isn't great at opening on time. If you are planning to be at the park for the whole day then head for Inferno and Stealth first and do Saw late afternoon when the queue will have most likely died down.

• 1 month later...

I am going to Thorpe Park for the first time on 12 June, a Saturday. Can anybody give me approximate queue times to make the most out of the day?I've been Drayton Manor and Alton Towers and only managed about 4 rides on each trip which is rubbish.Does anybody know when schools go on trips to the park?

Well a Saturday approaching the summer season has the potential to be very busy. I would say that Colossus/Saw will have plus 1 hour queues by lunchtime.To make the most of the day I suggest you do Saw last thing and queue for it after hours (get to it about 15mins before closing) because that queue will have the biggest impact on the day. Get Inferno, Stealth and Det out the way early. There queues are always minimal in the morning (depending if they open on time). Then get to Loggers and Slammer to avoid their annoying queue lengths.

I wondered if someone could kindly help me As a last minute thing I have decided to go to Thorpe Park for my birthday tomorrow (Friday 28th May) but after seeing the opening times seems to be longer than most days in May I am now worried this will mean it will be pretty busy what with it being Bank Holiday weekend and most schools are breaking up for half term. Will tomorrow end up being a dreaded "Lots of Schools are here today" boards in the car park day?? cheers in advance

I wondered if someone could kindly help me As a last minute thing I have decided to go to Thorpe Park for my birthday tomorrow (Friday 28th May) but after seeing the opening times seems to be longer than most days in May I am now worried this will mean it will be pretty busy what with it being Bank Holiday weekend and most schools are breaking up for half term. Will tomorrow end up being a dreaded "Lots of Schools are here today" boards in the car park day?? cheers in advance

This is just guessing but due to GCSEs and most schools closing at 3pm at the earliest, it won't impact the park until 3:30pm and it will probably only be the local schools. There may be a few who straight from GCSE Physics (finishes at 10:30am) but that is only 1 years worth of people.

Well a Saturday approaching the summer season has the potential to be very busy. I would say that Colossus/Saw will have plus 1 hour queues by lunchtime.To make the most of the day I suggest you do Saw last thing and queue for it after hours (get to it about 15mins before closing) because that queue will have the biggest impact on the day. Get Inferno, Stealth and Det out the way early. There queues are always minimal in the morning (depending if they open on time). Then get to Loggers and Slammer to avoid their annoying queue lengths.

Thanks A-Kid

This is just guessing but due to GCSEs and most schools closing at 3pm at the earliest, it won't impact the park until 3:30pm and it will probably only be the local schools. There may be a few who straight from GCSE Physics (finishes at 10:30am) but that is only 1 years worth of people.

cheers for the help it turned out a decent day. fairly busy but nowhere near as bad as I have experienced before.Most I waited all day was 60 mins for Saw but it was about 2/3pm by then. during the morning the longest queue time I saw was 30 minutes. Got on the 4 main rollercoasters by 12 so was more than happy with that. despite it being quite hot Tidal Wave I was surprised to find was virtually empty enough to walk straight on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just asking for some predictions here: Will the week beginning the 28th June be fairly quiet? I'm not too sure how many schools are off by then, I.e.: if there are likely many students on park from Monday - Friday that week. All of the schools in my area are still at school then, and there are still exams going on for some Year 11's, but does anyone know what the school situation is looking like elsewhere? Therefore could anyone guess whether it would be a quiet time to go?