Queue Times

treeis

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat 21st Aug 2010- followed the advice I found on here about queue times and got to the park for 8 and the longest queue we had was for Colossus in which after 55 mins we were told it was closed. After that tyhe longest we waited was 45 mins for Nemesis. SHortest wait time- 5 mins after running to SAW when the park opened ;)eee

Talk about queue I wonder how long it will take to get out of the car park at fright nights because of the new charging making everything slower?Queues you know when they are bad when you see 99mins put on them!I have learnt at thorpe park 2 hours is not that bad anymore it would be half that time if they did not have half the guests in the park with fastrack!

Talk about queue I wonder how long it will take to get out of the car park at fright nights because of the new charging making everything slower?Queues you know when they are bad when you see 99mins put on them!I have learnt at thorpe park 2 hours is not that bad anymore it would be half that time if they did not have half the guests in the park with fastrack!The queues getting out of Alton Towers because of having to pay are horrendous.eee

Talk about queue I wonder how long it will take to get out of the car park at fright nights because of the new charging making everything slower?Queues you know when they are bad when you see 99mins put on them!I have learnt at thorpe park 2 hours is not that bad anymore it would be half that time if they did not have half the guests in the park with fastrack!

Where have you got it into your head that Thorpe Park gets 2 hour queues on a regular basis. And if it is, it's what ONE ride that will have the two hour queue, at the very most TWO rides will have a 120 minute queue. And I have only ever seen that at fright nights which is the parks most busiest period.Stop trying to spin everything out of control when it's so obviously not the case.

Agreed,I have queued at the very very most 1 hr and half for rides at Thorpe Park, this is usually fright nights as well. Majority of the time it will never go over the hour mark even when busy unless maybe a coaster is on less trains or a ride breaks down for example. Like I mentioned in another topic even when Saw: The ride had a full queue it took around 70-80 mins to get through despite people saying at takes 2 hours.People really need to count the time they stay in the queue. Rush said 60 mins with an almost full queue and yet it only took 40mins. Loggers Leap had an almost full queue, the sign said 60 mins and it took 40 mins, Nemesis Inferno said 60 mins and took 25 mins etc. I tend to learn for myself how long the queues are as most people exagerate and the signs are always wrong, remember they are approximate not exact queue times.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never seen The Simpsons Movie or any other film before (my last visit was monday this week). All I have seen on the screens recently is random facts, ride facts, mastercard advert with hulk rollercoaster, burger king advert etc.

It was probably just a temporary thing. I remember seeing Jackass or something similar at Chessington last year.

Only chessington ever showed anything and that was cartoon network programmes 2 or 3 years ago now!Thorpe parks queue's on thursday were everything up near tidal wave was 30 minutes and under. Plus Colossus and saw were both at 90 minutes and the rest in that section were about 45minutes except saw alive which was less than 10minutes all day! Wont get that at halloween!

Just a query about my visit tommorow? Am I right in saying that it will be one train operation on Stealth, Inferno and Colossus tommorow, especially for the start of the day? :)

Id be surprised, even on quieter days it dont take much to build up q's, and with not all colleges back id expect people to be making last minute trips so id expect them all to be on 2.

Start of the day, yes. After that, I don't know, but based on TRs about yesterday, it is quite likely. Possibly only 6-7 cars on Saw and one swing on Rush too. Might even see a couple more boats our of action on the water rides..?

Whys it likley, all ran on 2 trains fine all day today? And Rush will usually run on 2 swings, even when the parks dead from past experience.

Saw queue was 2 and a half hours today, near the end of the day :l

Most schools in my area go back tomorrow, so I'm guessing that might be why all the school kids that go back tomorrow are cramming it in on the last possible day, when many schools have already gone back. That being said... Many Universities don't go back for over a week and my Sixth Form/local College don't go back until next Monday. All of these could be reasons why it was so busy today. (: Hopefully it won't be too busy on Wednesday though. ^^

• 2 months later...

Slammer 0Stealth front seats x2 20mins each timeSaw Alive x2 25 mins + 0 minsColossus x2 0 mins + fastrack 5 minsSaw the ride x2 ( I actually prefer back seats now, be happy) fastrack 0 mins both timeNemesis inferno x2 5mins + 5minsdetonator 0minsRumba rapids 0 minsloggers leap 0 minstime voyagers 4d 0 minsrush 5minsx no way out 0mins vortex 0minssamurai 10mins (it took them 10 mins to do 2 rides!)19 rides in a 7 hour day! (thats including re-rides)