How to get a RAP?

tactic

Question

Hi everyone,

I’m going to thorpe on Tuesday and since my last visit to the park I’ve been in hospital and am now on medication for the rest of life. My doctor says that standing in a queue for a prolonged period of time wouldn’t be good for me as it would cause me extreme fatigue and other side effects. How do I apply for a ride access pass so I can queue virtually somewhere else where I can sit down? Do I need to apply for RAP every time I go to the park or is there some way I can get something that allows me to have it every time I visit?

Thanks for the help in advance!

4 answers to this question

On 5/26/2023 at 8:15 PM, tactic said:

Hi everyone,

I’m going to thorpe on Tuesday and since my last visit to the park I’ve been in hospital and am now on medication for the rest of life. My doctor says that standing in a queue for a prolonged period of time wouldn’t be good for me as it would cause me extreme fatigue and other side effects. How do I apply for a ride access pass so I can queue virtually somewhere else where I can sit down? Do I need to apply for RAP every time I go to the park or is there some way I can get something that allows me to have it every time I visit?

Thanks for the help in advance!

https://www.thorpepark.com/plan-your-visit/before-you-visit/accessibility-information/theme-park-accessibility/ride-access-pass/

I have applied with Nimbus Disability but they haven’t got back to me yet. Is there anything I can do on park tomorrow morning before I go in to try get RAP or do I have to wait for Nimbus Disability to get back to me first?

If not am I allowed to bring something like a chair or stool to sit down on in the queues or is that not allowed?

1 hour ago, tactic said:

I have applied with Nimbus Disability but they haven’t got back to me yet. Is there anything I can do on park tomorrow morning before I go in to try get RAP or do I have to wait for Nimbus Disability to get back to me first?

If not am I allowed to bring something like a chair or stool to sit down on in the queues or is that not allowed?

I would recommend speaking to Thorpe Park directly. Perhaps try emailing or calling them. 

I've recently recieved confirmation of being allowed an access pass with Nimbus Disability and have done the thing where you link it with Merlin using the pass number given to me by Nimbus. I've recieved an email from Merlin saying it's registered as a Merlin Ride Access Pass, saying that it will be avaliable for collection on the day of my visit.

The issues I'm having with this is that when I submitted my Nimbus Disability number to Merlin they didn't make me choose a date of booking or which theme park I am going to so do I need to email them what days I am going to Thorpe and Towers so they know? Also it says on collection I need to bring my payment card as proof it is me, but I didn't have to enter any card details as it didn't cost me anything.

If anyone know anything about RAP (what I'm meant to do to use it etc.), could you fill me in as this whole experience is all very new to me!