Feedback of the Forums

NickD

Would have to make the selection process fair though.

Indeed. Which is why I think a voting system would be the best way of doing this. Yes this is just a fun little theme park forum but often you guys have expressed how you want the forum to run and how we haven't met your expectations.I think the best and fairest way of doing this is for members to private message me the two members they think would be the best choice to be moderators on TPM. Which means everyone has a potential shot at running the forum, not just the members who post the most frequantly. Will need to okay this with the rest of the moderator team but I think this is the fairest way of doing it.The only issue is it could become a popularity contest which is not what we want.

We'll have to make this poll public, so all members are aware that their opinions are going to be heard. And we'll need to designate who to PM and we'll also need a way of upholding this "Mods Have The Final Word" style selection, otherwise more breakouts could ensue.EDIT: Agreed with Benin. There needs to be justification behind votes to prevent favouritism/reasons like "They're cool and really really nice". We don't need "nice" Moderators.

What would be good is for mods to go with who ever votes etc not look at someones vote and say god no. Have to give everyone a fair chance. Maybe also do people who haven't been a mod before because if they have then its a bit unfair being given it again and taking the spot of someone who could be a very good mod.

We'll have to make this poll public, so all members are aware that their opinions are going to be heard. And we'll need to designate who to PM and we'll also need a way of upholding this "Mods Have The Final Word" style selection, otherwise more breakouts could ensue.

What would be good is for mods to go with who ever votes etc not look at someones vote and say god no. Have to give everyone a fair chance. Maybe also do people who haven't been a mod before because if they have then its a bit unfair being given it again and taking the spot of someone who could be a very good mod.

Agreed with both points. So who do you guys want to pm their choices to ;)

But naturally, if someone votes for a member who hasn't ever posted or been in chat or signed in since 2007, then we can safely say the Moderators will do the right thing and ignore that vote?

Let me say it in a better way

An example of this would be if a member is not able to maintain neutrality when resolving disputes

No one can be neutral can they? And might I add a lot of people have had disputes with people.As for disregarding the posts I meant the ones about sending the nominations to a fake account. Mods and Admins could then vote as well making it fairer. And usually it is you and Marc disregarding points made I mean how long has it taken for you guys to consider this?

Wait a mo, why has all the stuff from last night been deleted?See this is why I brought this up in chat rather than straight on the forums... I was actually bringing up a good point and now I'm worried that nothing will be done about it cos it's all been deleted...Can we have some clarity please?

You're going to have a facepalm in a minute Benin. It's on the TPM feedback forum. HERE.I wonder if you'll still find an excuse to put yourself in the right though. ;)Banter aside, it should have been discussed in this forum from the beginning, I'll move them over to here seeing as it is a forum issue and not a Thorpe Park Mania one. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...