Feedback of the Forums

NickD

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Think some of these have already been mentioned if not by me but by others but thought I'd write this anyway:

TOP POSTERS:

A thread which is continuously updated each month which lists the top 10 posters of the month. This could be quantity, and also quality - it will also ultimately encourage more forum activity, although there should be rules and guidelines to this about 'spam' will not count. The person who is awarded first place could be given a certain badge, or in fact a userbar which they can keep for the month, and then when the new 'top poster' is announced for next month, the userbar is transferred to that person. So it would be temporarily rather than permanently.

FORUM EVENTS:

Stuff like Dara's quiz but also stuff like trying to solve codes/messages but looking for clues in each section/thread. This could also be with 'market your own ride' or something like the Apprentice :P There could be separate staff for this.

DONATOR:
I know I've brought this up before, and I know it had a mixed response because it could segregate people who think they are more important than others, so, a 'donator' doesn't make it seem as much as an exclusive club. Donator can be used to help hosting costs, and as a reward and to recognise their help they get rewarded with a coloured username for however many months they have donated for which will eventually expire unless renewed.

FORUM SKIN:
I know that the mainsite is being redesigned, however, not sure what is happening with the forum site, however, could there be the potential of a customisable background changer? I've seen it on other IP boards and it would be quite a nice feature to have :P I've also seen like a gradient changer as well, although that is only with VBulletin so I don't know if that could be integrated.

CHAT/SHOUTBOX:
They pretty much do the same purpose, is there a need for both?

USER PROFILES:

Again, I don't know if it can be done on IP Boards, but more developed user profiles where you can post 'statuses' which comes up as updates on the main index, maybe an option to upload own photos - such as the park and stuff. Also, have a field where you can actually enter your own favourite park rather than just the Merlin ones :P

MENTIONS/QUOTE NOTIFICATIONS:
Apparently mentions are in tact but I could be being stupid in them not working, can this be looked into?

SOCIAL MEDIA TEAM:
Aside from the admins, staff who specifically work on the Twitter/Facebook/Instagram side who can contribute updates to the site, as well as trying to promote us more, not that I am worried about the websites traffic as it is, or the lovely members we have now, but nothing wrong with a few more ;)

All I can think of for now :D

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I didn't know whether to post it here or in the meet feedback thread, but I guess here is more appropiate ^_^

Basilcally, a few of us were talking on Skype yesterday about how it can be a struggle to get/arrange lifts if you can't get up to a meet easily- especially if you're a new member and this may be your first meet- and also how it can be hard to know who you can stay with if it's a long distance trip such as Towers.

So I came up with an idea. What if the site were to have a section which had a list of people who require lifts, need to book a hotel and would like a few others to split the price with as it's a bit extortionate, or would like to go 2 for 1 with someone or something as they're not a MAP holder? It'd be a lot more efficient than spamming in the meet thread in the hope that someone who can help you sees. Also, if you were someone who could give someone else a lift for that particular meet, you could 'register' to be notified whenever someone states they need a lift. Someone in need of a room mate or someone to go 2 for 1 with could also be notified if someone states they need the same thing as you. You could even go as far as using people's locactions so they can be given 'suggestions' or 'people to look out for' to make thing quicker and easier.

Just a thought :)