Feedback of the Forums

NickD

every time I click the blue speech bubble of a topic to change it back to white and "read" I get this message:

"[#20312.1] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available. "

I have been able to do it ever since I joined but it started this a few days ago and hasn't stopped, I'm logged in and everything.

Can you drop me a PM with the following information please:

Operating System

Browser (including version)

If you get the same issue on mobile as well as desktop also:

Mobile Operating System

Browser (including version)

I will take a look in to things and if applicable log a ticket with the forum software developers.

I haven't tried on the computer yet but mobile details are:

Operating system: Windows Phone 7.8

Interenet browser: internet explorer but I dont know the version

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like you fixed it - was it just one particular picture doing it?

What I did was use a link to import my picture instead (Facebook.

What kept happening was I imported numerous different photographs from my phone's photo album but for some reason, they ended upside down for some reason.

Is there a way of rotating pictures of this happens again?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone find it a bit odd that the moderating team on this site is entirely made up of guys?

Our community and the general community of theme park enthusiasts is diverse and filled with all sorts of different genders and sexualities however our mod team is entirely restricted to Men, while this may be a general problem with the theme park enthusiast community I know for a fact that our own community has some people who act towards female members in a way that can only be described as toxic. We really need to be more representative of our own community with our moderating team and having a gender balanced mod team could really help dealing with some of the misogynistic ****lords in our own community and generally make the community seem more welcoming for female members, especially young female members.

Anyone find it a bit odd that the moderating team on this site is entirely made up of guys?

No.

There was a female mod, there now isn't. When the last two mods were taken on a couple of years back it was done blind, based on a written applications. Ie, they were deemed most suitable based not on their sex but their ability. To put a female on the team purely because they are female, to tuck some non existent box, would be quite wrong.

Have you actually seen the male line up here be a problem? If so where, if not what's your point?

Our community and the general community of theme park enthusiasts is diverse and filled with all sorts of different genders and sexualities however our mod team is entirely restricted to Men, while this may be a general problem with the theme park enthusiast community I know for a fact that our own community has some people who act towards female members in a way that can only be described as toxic. We really need to be more representative of our own community with our moderating team and having a gender balanced mod team could really help dealing with some of the misogynistic ****lords in our own community and generally make the community seem more welcoming for female members, especially young female members.

Interesting post, I don't necessarily agree with what you're saying though. We've had female mods in the past and we're likely to have them again. I'd like a personal message from you about who you think has a problem towards female members and what evidence you have because that's a pretty serious accusation.

My final thought on this before you message me, looking at the TPM team page, two of the mods (Tom and Pluk) were brought on through blind applications when a female member said the next mods should be chosen democratically. Ian, Marc and I are the founders of the website and Peaj was given the role of TPM trip organiser a couple of years back and there is no question that he has done and is doing an excellent job and has been crucial in bringing new members onto the forum.

The rest of the mod team are here because they have put time and effort into building Thorpe Park Mania and the forum. If we want to represent the rollercoaster community I'd want it to be based on their passion and love of rides, not because they are female or gay or Italian.