Feedback of the Forums

NickD

Alex pointed out that we do not have a Topic for feedback for the Forum itself, so here is one. We are currently taking on board any ideas you have for a new forum skin, anything you'd like to see on a new forum if we where to develop our current one. Also, give us feedback on any other issues with the Forums here.Cheers JD

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In our on going effort to make the Mania Hub forums as fun as possible, we rely on the community to report any abuse or activities that violate our posting guidelines. Whilst we have a team of Admins who monitor the forum regularly things can slip by.If you have witnessed any such activity or abuse, you can now report it, by hitting the report button by the side of the post. This flags the post and alerts our Hub Bot as well as the admin team.

• 3 weeks later...

Admins, I know how hard you slave over this lovely forum. Here is a request:Would it be possible to brighten up (in some shape of form) a way of alerting you that you have a new message? All it says is 1 New Message at the top and you have to look closely. Could the green strip possibly change to another colour and have some large text amongst it?Other forums have a better way of telling you have a new PM - not that I'm criticising you system of course. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

okay, I swear there is something wrong with my acount!:Pyesterday when I came on, it said I had 146 posts, which is all cool to me. I started 2 new topics, replied twice to another topic, and it still says 146!I even posted twice today, and my post count's not moving..I don't know what everyone else sees, but it's still 146 for me, and I want to know what's going on!

The simple answer is that they take a while to update. Long answer is that post counts are cached to reduce server load, and only updated at random intervals.

okay, sounds a much better explanation!:Pinteresting... first forum I've been on that does that I think in future if I have a problem with the board, I'll just write to the admins, save other members being sarcastic.out of interest, why does only certain forums up your count and others do not

Because some members boost their post count up in the off topic area, and when new members come along, they see a member with a high post count, and assume they're all knowledgeable in the area of Thorpe/Chessington/Alton/Whatever, when in actual fact they're supreme ruler of the Random Spamothon. It's difficult to go in much more detail than that, all you need to know is that its done :P

Because some members boost their post count up in the off topic area, and when new members come along, they see a member with a high post count, and assume they're all knowledgeable in the area of Thorpe/Chessington/Alton/Whatever, when in actual fact they're supreme ruler of the Random Spamothon. It's difficult to go in much more detail than that, all you need to know is that its done :P

well it's definetly interesting, maybe other forums will start to take this idea:P

• 4 weeks later...