Feedback of the Forums

NickD

Can something please be done about this OVERUSED WORD filter. It's really getting on my nerves. I know it replaces 'W I N' with 'overused word', but I made a post about Stealth's W-I-n-c-h room and it says overusedwordch room!Gah! Surely warning people for using those words all the time would be simpler than adding it to the filter so even when they're being used in the correct context, they don't get changed?

also the w!nk.gif no longer works because it's replaced with overused wordk.gif... so it can't be found?:PYes James, surely telling us not to say 'w!n or fa!l' or warning is a more appropriate response to this?

Yeah the overused wordk thing is annoying too but not as annoying as it replacing words that are being used in the correct context. I don't mean to be petty but it is slightly irritating for posts that aren't actually there to say FAAAAAIL or WIIN.

If you view the word 'god' as a name, then it should have a capitalised 'G'. However, in the context that Mark used it it was an exclamation, not a name, thus it doesn't necessarily require a capitalised first letter.That said, religious types maintain the word 'God' should always have a capitalised 'G', but speaking in terms of linguistics this isn't always correct.

• 3 months later...

Well let's just say that I've had warn of 80% for about 6 months and only in March did I get that warn removed

Don't forget though admin are probably really busy with forums and future developemnts of the site.I am sure admin have more important things to do than remember when our warn needs to be removed! Don't forget - Admin and Moderators do not get paid! They are doing this because they want to!(I have a warn of 20% which had for a few days so I will give it 6 months then after that comment Will! :P)

I don't know - like the admins say, they are soooooooo busy (which they are genuinely) and something like a warn isn't important. Which evidently would explain why it too so long for me to get mine removed.

Either that or they had a reason not to remove it any quicker.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been here a week now so thought I'd put my (very short) impressions down:Website is ace. It's bright, simple, easy to navigate, in short it does what it says on the tin, and it does it very well.Forums seem to have just about the right level of activity. I would like to see it a tad busier, but I'm sure that will come with open season. I can't say I've found it to be either really friendly or very intimidating, it's in the middle, it doesn't molly cuddle noobs but it doesn't discourage them in any way either, which is fine by me.So yea, keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...