Feedback of the Forums

NickD

What Marc means is that if we would ever to do a CWoA site, we'd want to do it justice and make it as unique as possible and different from TPM. At the moment we would essentially be recycling TPM's design and that is not something we want to do. We have tried looking for web designers and the like but we have had no such luck in finding someone who is interested enough to commit.

• 3 weeks later...

(+ Considering I've been gone a while) I think members would feel a bit more welcome if they were told by PM about small rule changes rather than just effectively told their already a third of the way to being permanantly banned. For posting a gif. Really? Which wasn't even removed after? :) It's not in the T&C's. I can't see an announcement about it. I've got no issue with the rule at all, but the communication is still a bit sour...

I think you need to have a celebration because the Mania Hub forums are about to experience their 100,000th post soon! Just sayin', it's a pretty impressive milestone! :DAlso, because you guys probably get a lot of negative feedback in this bit, here's some positive from me. I am loving the forums at the moment*. Not just because of all the excitement surrounding the Swarm but also because there is just a high quality of posts here. I've been on a few other forums and I've never seen such a well-informed and friendly bunch of people. :mellow: There you go, that's your Christmas present early this year. Nah, I'm joking - keep up the good work.*I'm one of those weird long time reader, short time poster folk so you'll have to forgive me for that. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chat is borked again! Keep getting a message saying that there was an error connecting me with the chat room. A few other members have had the same issue tonight, and though some have managed to actually access it, a few haven't been able to for quite a while! I'm guessing it's an issue at Invision's end?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(It might be worth checking out my post here, which may give further explanation as to why I'm positing this! Sorry if some may feel this was more appropriate to be posted in a PM)

With regards to Theme Park World as a member has had an account banned previously, for reasons I do not know. This new account is in effect a constant advertisement of his site / page; perhaps a polite suggestion to him to change his username to something more suitable / related to his name, nickname or something quirky is in order. This would no doubt please members who have issues with the site (and perhaps the member) and also help the person be more inline with the rules, which I do believe state a member's username must in some way relate to their real name?

Secondly, on a slightly related note to the post I made in Theme Park World's thread, forums should be welcoming and encourage people to talk about their enthusiasm. Whilst this site does do this rather well, I do think the 'Tips for New Members' thread (http://forum.maniahu...rs/page__st__20) could perhaps do with a bit of a clean out; after all, the arguments that are in the middle of the thread are hardly a good example for new members, also considering two members there have been banned, and such members there have high post counts (I'm all for freedom of speech, worth pointing out, but I do think that such topics should be kept as simple as possible).

Also, is there any way of setting up an automatic Private Message for when a new member joins, welcoming them to the forums, and pointing them to important introductory threads, such as the 'Tips for New Members' and 'Introduce Yourself', and perhaps a link to the forum's rules? It would be a nice touch and help members out, help continue the growing community that is here and also help ensure that younger members and potential, so-called 'n00bs' are helped out as much as possible.

Sorry for the completely random points; just something I felt I needed to get off my chest! :)

Also, is there any way of setting up an automatic Private Message for when a new member joins, welcoming them to the forums, and pointing them to important introductory threads, such as the 'Tips for New Members' and 'Introduce Yourself', and perhaps a link to the forum's rules? It would be a nice touch and help members out, help continue the growing community that is here and also help ensure that younger members and potential, so-called 'n00bs' are helped out as much as possible.

Great idea. I second this marvellous notion!

/obscure reference

This would no doubt please members who have issues with the site (and perhaps the member) and also help the person be more inline with the rules, which I do believe state a member's username must in some way relate to their real name?

They do? If that's the case then there are a load of members on here that would require a name change :P

• 1 month later...

This is going to sound like a bit of a silly question I know, but is there a direct link to the main TPM page on the forums?

Any time I'm on the forums and want to go to the main site, I always end up going to a Hub Bot post and going clicking the article link, which though not difficult, is a bit tedious and annoying.