Thorpe Park's Old Days

Frankie

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys just wanted to show you some old park maps I have just scanned all the way back to 2002 :-)

You can check them out on my Flickr HERE

There are also park maps from CWOA, Alton Towers and loads more :-)

ThorpePark2002ParkMap_zpsf8427ef3.jpg

ThorpePark2003ParkMap_zpsedb8d1fd.jpg

I used to love this branding, it had a cool look, but didn't try to alienate families, I hope we see a return to this kind of stuff with the rebrand (and a return of the entrance music :wub: )

This seems like the best place to put this... Finally got around to taking some photos of some of my old merchandise to do with the Thorpe Rangers:

SAM_0362_zps709c0895.jpg

SAM_0363_zps74b638c9.jpg

Chief Ranger 'piggy bank'.

SAM_0364_zps9522c4d5.jpg

Baby Ranger piggy bank.

SAM_0365_zps491255b5.jpg

SAM_0366_zpsc7ff99d0.jpg

Mr Elephant and Mr Rabbit piggy bank.

SAM_0367_zps56dcc0a7.jpg

SAM_0368_zps3ec55b0e.jpg

Mr Monkey's Banana Ride bookends.

SAM_0369_zpsf245d502.jpg

A collection of little...things? Don't really know how better to describe them to be honest! They're in a box with things like this though:

SAM_0370_zps056569f1.jpg

Which are little Tetley Tea 'things'. They're made of the same material and similar size. Anyone know any more about them?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, after a few discussions with Phill Pritchard on our meets with his love for past Thorpe History, I promised him I will dig out the old photos and find some for him. These are some that I have found so far but have quite a few albums to go through. I post them here as I'm sure there will be more than just Phill Pritchard who will be interested.

Me on Chief Rangers Carousel

horse_zps9e964578.jpg

Me Happy as I'm on Dino Boats

dino_zps039fa67d.jpg

Peaj avoids bumps from friend on Dino Boats

bump_zps2e4c9c75.jpg

Peaj interested in Concrete outside CCR

ccr_zpsb9b70610.jpg

Peaj standing outside the really big ride that is Mr Monkey's

monkey_zps98a0561c.jpg

More to folllow when I get time

I quite like it but can't get over the fact (from pictures from the past, like from when lost city flat rides were built and the banana ride), how much they have let the rides get surrounded by (and would go as far as saying overgrown) trees. my first visit to Thorpe was in 2009, so can't comment on anything before that, but definitely weird looking at this thread and seeing and hearing what it used to be like! and see people complaining the direction they decided to take, just appealing to thrill seekers, as I am one and need more thrills, but will be nice now they have suddenly changed back to appealing to family's as well, and hope we see in 2014 a whole load of TLC around the park with the rumoured themed areas coming back, as well as some family orientated attractions... if this happens hopefully this will please some of you to some extent :)

• 2 months later...

I remember back in 2002 when you had a really clear view of Vortex and Zodiac close up, so was quite surprised when I went this year, after 11 years to find foliage.....

Anyway, just popped on here as I found this video from youtube - it looks quite old - it is definitely after 1996 as X:/NWO is featured briefly and I'm guessing that it was not long after that. Oh - it is from a kids show called Playdays (v annoying program)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkw6ov-NEE8

I remember back in 2002 when you had a really clear view of Vortex and Zodiac close up, so was quite surprised when I went this year, after 11 years to find foliage.....

Anyway, just popped on here as I found this video from youtube - it looks quite old - it is definitely after 1996 as X:/NWO is featured briefly and I'm guessing that it was not long after that. Oh - it is from a kids show called Playdays (v annoying program)

Playdays? Annoying?

That show was :wub:

Great find - loved watching it (even if those characters were your typical cringeworthy 90s characters...). Looks like it's from 1996 or 1997, as I can't make out Wet Wet Wet near Depth Charge. :P

• 4 months later...